PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Awwwwwwwwwww..... BJ just catching up.
So sad for all of your heartache as of late.

Hope that you are able to do some things, like skiing, that will make you happy and lighten the sorrow!
 
Thanks Elisea, it really helps to do things like skiing to lighten the sorrow. I was out skiing today. I finished my ski instructor training and now am officially ready to teach skiing. I suppose that now I am a ski instructor as well as a snowboard instructor now. Yay! I am hoping to get out snowboarding sometime this winter as well.
 
Congrats on getting certified! Only problem is that it's all downhill from here! :rotfl: Seriously though, great job!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
Just watch out for Sonja! or you may really be going down hill!
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
BJ--do you like your skis---I am in love with them. We have so much powder out here--I was in waist deep pow today and the skis worked great. k
 
Kelly, skigirl I do like them. I had to take my boots into the shop and have some adjustments done as I felt like I was rattling around in them even though I had them buckled pretty tightly. It felt better after I had that done. I am still not as confident on my skis as I believe I would be on my snowboard though.

I sure wish we had nice 'real' snow, but we are happy that we have some man made snow and are open...

My left hip is hurting sooooo bad right now, I could hardly sleep that last two nights. I am thinking that if I were on my board my hip would not be hurting like this.(but that is pure speculation) I wonder if I am doing something wrong, posture-wise, that is causing this. I am wanting to order some of those knee pads and get out there on my board. Did you ever ask your PT about which ones he recommends?
 
Yes, I thought I told you and nowI am not sure. I will call tomorrow. I had to ski in a clinic today and it was a blizzard. We could see about four inches in front of us. There was 12 inches of new snow, all cut up. Yikes. there we were, skiing on one ski!!k
 
Yikes Kelly, that sounds like a crazy day of training.

skigirl You did give me the name and when I went to the website I wasn't sure which one would be best and you had said that you would ask for specifics. Thanks!
 
I'd love to know about the knee pads too - they might make me feel more confident about not re-hurting my knee! I can't find the post where the site was given...thanks! micha
 
Bj, My skis arrived yesterday, I have the 158---but I am heavier than you. I have skied the 152 as well. They are beautiful and I love them!!! The name of the knee pads is Pro Knees. Your pt has to fit them, I think they are expensive, but I bet insurance would pay for them. They do have a website.

Micha, I have skied for four years with no brace at all. I don't want to wear a brace now. But, a light brace like the one BJ got, could make you feel safer. Kelly

skigirl So, there is the name of the knee pads, but would I have to have someone fit me for them? I do not have a PT...
 
I have a call in to my pt---he was away for a few days. He will call tomorrow. There is a place here that sells prosthesis---arms, legs, braces, etc. They also order the pro knee pads, although it looks like you can order them yourself if you get the measurements right. Scott will call tomorrow and I will post his answer right away.

I skied yesterday on the Elan Inspire. I could not believe how they carve. We were in two feet of powder and they worked well---moved onto packed powder and I had my edges up all the way. Awesome ski. Kelly
 
Thanks Kelly! I was in pain most of the week since I skied last Saturday, mostly my hip but my knee hurt too. We (my kids and I) go out tomorrow to teach, and then we will be off until Thursday. I hope that my hip and knee hold up. I have been working on my stretching that my Personal trainer told me to do.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your skiing on the Inspire. We finally had some real snow and are supposed to have more overnight. YAY!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
All you snow bunnies enjoy the weather and the slopes, but please don't overdo too much!! Why am I even saying this? But please do take care. Don't want to see you skiing like this:
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
I have no worries about going skiing here, no snow and rain in the for Sunday...how much fresh (real) snow did you get BJ? Hope the rest helps the pain subside in the knee (and hip) so when you go back to the hill on Thursday all will be good!
 
Tessa,Well, it was hard to tell how much snow we actually got because it was sooooo windy that it was blown all over the place. They did have the snowblowers going all day and when we skied by them our goggles got frosted over and it was really hard to see. No injuries Judy!!! bottomshollow Just some swelling, time for ice, rest and elevation!
 
We finally had some real snow and are supposed to have more overnight. YAY!!!

Real snow?! Reeeeaaaallll snow?!?!?! For those of us that don't appreciate the snow like you skiers, real snow means anything more than a half inch?! :rotfl:
 
Well, we are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow today in the mountains and my kids and I will be heading up later today to teach the rest of this week and next. Here is a picture of us in our instructor jackets that I had my brother take yesterday.

[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom