PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

... I have found a red wine that I do like, although a bottle of wine lasts forever in my house ...​
Me too, one lasted almost an hour yesterday, must be a record.

Roy have I missed some good posts. I just busted a gut... ChrisO
 
Thank you BJ.
I was going with the gold to keep withyour Steelers colors so maybe we can change it to a gold outfit with the black belt. Better??
 
Hey! That's quite a jazzy outfit you got going there! [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
How is your knee feeling?
 
You're going to have to cut out this black belt stuff [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery if you're going to be ready for all the company you've got coming down the pike. Hope you knee is feeling better. Take care.
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
I am no longer practicing Taekwondo. I have retired from that.

Thanks for asking about my knee. It is still hurting and swelling
 
Today my knee is feeling much better since I tripped down the steps the other day. I feel confident now that it was not too serious of an injury. I am happy to report that I only needed some Tylenol this morning and nothing else until this evening. That is quite an improvement over that last two days.
 
:thumb: Good to hear you're improving!!! That move sounds like something I'd do!! I'm glad you didn't take a hard tumble.
 
Help!!! if I just plain stand for any length of time my knee swells and really hurts. Does that happen to any of you? Other than, "Don't stand!" what can I do about it??? I am extremely frustrated!!!
 
Help!!! if I just plain stand for any length of time my knee swells and really hurts. Does that happen to any of you? Other than, "Don't stand!" what can I do about it??? I am extremely frustrated!!!
Now this is the time when a real friend comes to the rescue! :) I have a great idea! I know what you have been up to young lady, and now is the time to get that leg up and try ice and something for pain. Quit trying to plan our ski trip for a day or so and elevate that leg!
 
BJ, just standing tends to do this although walking doesn't.
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
Sometime between now and 6 months it should resolve itself.
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
And since is all be impossible not to do a certain amount of just standing around
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
, all you can do is elevate and ice after the fact.
 
Thanks! I was out for a massage yesterday and ran into a friend and stood and talked for a while and then had to run to the grocery store, which is all walking on concrete. Then I ran into a neighbor whom I haven't seen for ages and we stood and caught up. My son brought in the groceries and put them away, Yay! But by the time I fixed dinner I was in soooo much pain that it isn't funny. I iced and elevated and had a horrid time trying to sleep. My knee was swollen and hurt and it makes me wonder if I will ever be able to do normal things like stand and talk to a friend and then make dinner. I am not even asking to be able to go out and snowboard or anything here, just simple everyday life things. :cry:
 
Thanks! I was out for a massage yesterday and ran into a friend and stood and talked for a while and then had to run to the grocery store, which is all walking on concrete. Then I ran into a neighbor whom I haven't seen for ages and we stood and caught up. My son brought in the groceries and put them away, Yay! But by the time I fixed dinner I was in soooo much pain that it isn't funny. I iced and elevated and had a horrid time trying to sleep. My knee was swollen and hurt and it makes me wonder if I will ever be able to do normal things like stand and talk to a friend and then make dinner. I am not even asking to be able to go out and snowboard or anything here, just simple everyday life things. :cry:

Hmmmm.... Let's see stood and talked to friend, walked around in grocery store, saw another friend and stood and talked, fixed dinner! BJ I don't know what awhile means, but your knee isn't ready for that yet. Couldn't you sit and talk some of the time? Let me guess, too proud to use motorized cart in grocery store. Fix dinner? Can't one of the kids do that?

BJ, you are my friend, and I want you to take care of yourself! Give that knee some time off and it will be happier! :cheers:
 
Thanks! I was out for a massage yesterday and ran into a friend and stood and talked for a while and then had to run to the grocery store, which is all walking on concrete. Then I ran into a neighbor whom I haven't seen for ages and we stood and caught up. My son brought in the groceries and put them away, Yay! But by the time I fixed dinner I was in soooo much pain that it isn't funny. I iced and elevated and had a horrid time trying to sleep. My knee was swollen and hurt and it makes me wonder if I will ever be able to do normal things like stand and talk to a friend and then make dinner. I am not even asking to be able to go out and snowboard or anything here, just simple everyday life things. :cry:

One reason I went to western PA last week was because my host had both knees replaced 11 years ago. She went from a wheelchair to riding across PA. She has other medical problems, but as far as the knees go she is doing very well. Her advice to me was that I was expecting too much too soon, and I needed to allow a year to recover. Perhaps you should do the same....
 
Bj, sorry to hear that you are still hurting. I am doing pretty well, but also have trouble with long stands---invite your neighbor in so that you can sit. Just say, I can't stand for long periods. I make sure I avoid those situations. I also wear a compression stocking some of the time. tonight I have an opening for my art show. will wear the compression stocking since I will be mostly standing for three hours!! Kelly
 
BJ, our dear friend, do you understand the meaning of rest. You are doing way to much at one time,and when it comes to rest you are doing way to little. An hour here and there is not getting the rest you need. You've got the kids there PLEASE let them help you, you really need to heal NOW. This is going to take so much longer for you if you don't heed our words. There done scolding you for today.
 
Yeh what they said!
But to keep things in perspective WERE YOU ACTUALLY ABLE to do all the things you just did before you had your surgery without your knees hurting, keeping you up at night, getting hot or swelling?
It takes time to make a fine wine. It looks like it takes that long to make "good" knees.
ChrisO
 
Hi BJ,

I hope you are feeling better! I love our chats on the phone! You really make my day! :happydance:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom