PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

I know a few people who have taken Ambien and did well with it. I know the warnings and they are scary but they're scary on most of my meds. I have RA and take one med I have to go every 6 months to have my eyes checked. And that's one of the milder ones. The doctor wanted me to also take another like Enbrel but those warnings are just SO scary and I don't have any pain from the RA so I said no. When/if I do I'll decide what to do.
It is hard to slow down. We got new knees to be able to do stuff again so hard to sit. That's good you have your kids to help you out. And nice to have your sister visit too! One of mine is coming next week. It's not that we don't get along, I guess we don't have much in common? Only reason I know she's coming is she talked to my dad. We haven't talked since she was here last summer. At least it's not just me, she ignores all of us.
Anyway, my knees are doing pretty good. My hips are a mess now. The knees never kept me awake but now my hips do. I dont' know if the problem is from my back or arthritis in the hips. I'm trying to wait it out to see if it goes away. I really don't want to go to another doctor.
 
I know what you mean, it is just no fun hurting and going to doctors and taking pills... I do not want to be on any of them, but I feel like sleep is critical. If I do not sleep what am I doing to my body?! So, I will try this just for a time and hopefully it will settle things out. My sister that is coming is like a best friend, we have much in common and get along very well. 1 out of 5 (siblings) ain't tooo bad...

Have you tried going to a Chiropractor for your aches. A lot of my hip and lower back pain is because of how I walk/limp

I hope that you have a reasonably good visit with your sister. I am excited to have mine visit and she had her knee done the week after I had mine done.
 
I know what you mean, it is just no fun hurting and going to doctors and taking pills... I do not want to be on any of them, but I feel like sleep is critical. If I do not sleep what am I doing to my body?! So, I will try this just for a time and hopefully it will settle things out. My sister that is coming is like a best friend, we have much in common and get along very well. 1 out of 5 (siblings) ain't tooo bad...

Have you tried going to a Chiropractor for your aches. A lot of my hip and lower back pain is because of how I walk/limp
Hmmmmmmm... Walk/ Limp?!!! :wink: How can I ever take care of a sly fox that admits to this? :heehee:
Now I have a feeling I would be just like your sister! We would get along famously! :yes!:
Have a great visit with your sister! My sister and I have had our moments over the years, but I know that we can always count on each other to be there in the tough times. :friends:
 
Not always sly, sometimes I show my humanity... lol but walk/limp is what I do these days. I remind myself sometimes, out loud, not to limp. My sis questioned me when I said it out loud to myself. :loll:
 
Not always sly, sometimes I show my humanity... lol but walk/limp is what I do these days. I remind myself sometimes, out loud, not to limp. My sis questioned me when I said it out loud to myself. :loll:
It's ok to talk to yourself! Just smile confidently and act like everyone else is crazy! It works forme! :rotfl:
 
I had a friend, years ago, who used to say, "It's OK to talk to yourself, It's even OK to answer yourself, It's when you start saying, What did you say? To yourself that you are crazy.". So, for me, I'm sticking with that. :angel:
 
Hi BJ, how are you!!!! I'm catching up on your thread and you need to slow down and relax!!!!! I know it is hard for you but do try harder!!!! I know you want to be in shape for snow boarding season, you will don't push it you want to be pain free and strong. I am glad you got ambien, I took it in the hospital works well no drowsy after effects. I never read up on the drug, I know RNS that take it every day. Take it as long as you need. Relax, heal, and grieve not too much more. will keep you in my prayers ((((hugs))))
Kim
 
I know a few people who have taken Ambien and did well with it. I know the warnings and they are scary but they're scary on most of my meds. I have RA and take one med I have to go every 6 months to have my eyes checked. And that's one of the milder ones. The doctor wanted me to also take another like Enbrel but those warnings are just SO scary and I don't have any pain from the RA so I said no. When/if I do I'll decide what to do.
I hear ya. I've been holding off on the biologics too. I told my rheumy I think I'm doing pretty well on what I'm taking. On the other hand if things start flaring up I'd consider it.
 
I had a friend, years ago, who used to say, "It's OK to talk to yourself, It's even OK to answer yourself, It's when you start saying, What did you say? To yourself that you are crazy.". So, for me, I'm sticking with that. :angel:
Now i like that! My husband is always asking me what I said and I told him if I was talking to him, he would hear me. He used to say then you were you talking to? I said, to mself as I find I am very interesting sometimes!:rotfl:
 
Talking to yourself is just thinking out loud. I've had some absolutely wonderful conversations with myself over the years and managed to solve a multitude of problems by just talking things out with myself. I also had an one of the world's worst supervisors for a number of years---so when I drove home in the afternoon, I used to say all the things I had wanted to say to her that day---got it off my chest, felt better, and stayed out of trouble and one day I had her job! So if it's crazy--it still pays off!
 
Kim, thanks, I will keep trying harder to take it easy. I appreciate the prayers. :thankyou:

Sonja, you are indeed very interesting, and worth listening to!

Judy, yes, thinking out loud, that's it!!! Saying it all in the car, or shouting in the confines of the car, good way to get things off your chest.
:goodpost:
 
My worst talking out loud offense is talking back to frustrating peoples e mails (not you guys!). If I'm sitting at the computer it is best just to ignore me.

BJ, I hope you and you sis have a great time.

Chris
 
BJ---I could not agree more, my husband has trouble sleeping and I can see that sleep deprivation is a serious problem.

I have always been a sound sleeper--I hit the pillow and wake up nine hours later in the same position!!! My husband is jealous. When there are problems sleeping, I find that my coping skills decrease. I am more short tempered and feel overwhelmed. We have everything in our bedroom white. pillows, sheets, blankets, walls. No TV. Even the art is very white and light colored. I find color stimulating. WE find the white room is a place of rest.

So, look at your environment---are there things out of place? is the color too bright? is there a big tv that is keeping you awake? Does the room need to be cleaned and simplified? Then, only go there to sleep. I often read for a short time, but mostly we use that room for sleeping, not for hanging out. When we made our room cool and simple, it was much easier for Bob to sleep in it.

Also, we recently purchased a new mattress---our old one was too hard and we could feel our joints ache in the am. Our old mattress was 20 years old!!!!!!! The new one was expensive, but it supports the body more. Look at your room, think about what you can do it make it a cocoon. K
 
Yes, that makes good sense. I feel like things are out of place, need a bit of a make-over, but I have always put myself last and am paying for it... I do need to take care of that. :thankyou:
 
Kim, thanks, I will keep trying harder to take it easy. I appreciate the prayers. :thankyou:

Sonja, you are indeed very interesting, and worth listening to!

Judy, yes, thinking out loud, that's it!!! Saying it all in the car, or shouting in the confines of the car, good way to get things off your chest.
:goodpost:

I had one of the world's worst principal's the final year I taught! Every morning I would play the county song by Rodney Atkins "If you're going through h***, keep on going!" By the time I had driven the 25 miles I was laughing so hard that when she was standing over the sign in sheet, I would have a cheery "hello, and I hope you have a great day," for her! It drove her nuts, along with a lot of other positive stuff I came up with to counteract her negativity!
 
Long day, enjoyed being with my sister, we even went for and evening swim. I love spending time with her. My knee is tired, swollen and sore. I am wishing for a good night's sleep.
 
Hi BJ just wanted to touch base and say hello. Glad you had a good time with your sister. I'm missing mine!! We're keeping in touch by email and phone but it's not the same. Hope you got a good night's sleep!
 
Thanks bass player, I am still looking for that good nights sleep. I had a wonderful visit with my sister. It is interesting how we were raised in the same family, and yet it was completely different for us being 9 years apart and me being 2nd and her 5th out of 6...

We had fun hanging out in the pool making those knees move, and hiking to the top of the baseball stadium to watch a ballgame... I wish that we lived closer, but it was awesome to have her for a few days.
 
Well, rest for a few days and then we can start talking about when "I" am coming to visit! :heehee:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom