PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Hello Sonja??? Overdoing it much??? Yikes!!! So, I don't live close enough to sit on you to keep you from doing all of that stuff.... Hmmm, I think Judy had something when she laughed at us keeping each other accountable. :heehee:

So, I tried really hard not to do too much cause I was really hurting and feeling weak and dizzy... I did however do laundry, help my son make waffles, straighten some things up, take my daughter to the barn, go grocery shopping and make dinner. Wow!!! That sounds like a lot when I write it down... But that is like doing nothing compared to my real life... YIKES!!! How do I take it easy??? I do not even know... :umm: :sorry::ok:
 
Hello Sonja??? Overdoing it much??? Yikes!!! So, I don't live close enough to sit on you to keep you from doing all of that stuff.... Hmmm, I think Judy had something when she laughed at us keeping each other accountable. :heehee:

So, I tried really hard not to do too much cause I was really hurting and feeling weak and dizzy... I did however do laundry, help my son make waffles, straighten some things up, take my daughter to the barn, go grocery shopping and make dinner. Wow!!! That sounds like a lot when I write it down... But that is like doing nothing compared to my real life... YIKES!!! How do I take it easy??? I do not even know... :umm: :sorry::ok:
Just take a page from my book and you will be fine! I always am in slow motion these days!:rotfl:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
Who do you think you're kidding? You two don't have a prayer of keeping one another out of trouble. It'll be like putting 2 foxes in the hen house!!!!
Judy,

Do you think it's inevitable that we are just going to be miserable and do what we want to do anyway?!:angel:
 
Slow motion??? Are you kidding me? it seems to me that you and I are right up there with George Jetson on his treadmill running, running, running and every once in a while flipping down under... But then you may not be old enough to remember George Jetson...
 
Morning Glory, I'm Trying!!! This is a really hard assignment. Actually now I am just chillin in bed hoping that sleep comes and keeps me for a long time. Like 8 hours would be absolutely amazing. I seriously don't know what that would feel like, haven't done it in over 17 years... but hey it could happen... and if it does I will be sure to let everyone know!!! That would call for some serious happy dancing...
 
I can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours straight. Usually after 2 hours something hurts somewhere and wakes me up. Oh well, could be worse.
I over did a bit today, I went to the outlet stores looking for sneakers. It's an outdoor mall it was SO HOT! I made it to 2 stores and parked my butt on a bench while hubby went and got the car. It wasn't anything really hurt, I just don't have the stamina right now.
 
Well hey, at least you made a wise choice and sat yourself down and let hubby go bring the car to you. I am wishing us all a wonderful night's sleep.
 
Slow motion??? Are you kidding me? it seems to me that you and I are right up there with George Jetson on his treadmill running, running, running and every once in a while flipping down under... But then you may not be old enough to remember George Jetson...

Are you joking? The Jetson's were the best when I was a girl! I loved to watch them and dream about flying through space.... Right before I would run as fast as I could and do a flying somersault in my parent's house! They had the perfect length hall and by the time ihad reached the living room I was airborne! :rotfl:
 
I can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours straight. Usually after 2 hours something hurts somewhere and wakes me up. Oh well, could be worse.
I over did a bit today, I went to the outlet stores looking for sneakers. It's an outdoor mall it was SO HOT! I made it to 2 stores and parked my butt on a bench while hubby went and got the car. It wasn't anything really hurt, I just don't have the stamina right now.
Well, yes.you did the right thing by parking it! That's exactly what I would have done... Well I would like to think I would have done anyway! :)
 
BJ and Sonia - I'm exhausted just reading what you two are up to! :).
 
BJ, I had to learn the lessons you are facing in exactly the same way!! And at age 47 too. I had spent my life serving others and it was hard to take care of myself. I always remember that line in Steel Magnolias where "Wheezy" looks up at an old beau and say, "I am not as sweet as I used to be." that is my new mantra in life!! I find it so much easier and faster to be direct and to think of myself.

Once my daughter at age 16 said to me--I don't feel like I am first in your life anymore. I replied--Liz, tell me one reason why I should not be first in my life. I wish you well, these lessons are not easy and it is not fun to learn them. You will do fine---even knowing that you need to change is the first step in moving forward with your life. Remember, You is kind. You is intelligent. You is important. Kelly (I Learned everything I know from movies)
 
Thanks Kelly!!! I sure am having a very hard time learning to change and put myself ahead of others. I hope some day that it is much easier to think of myself and to take care of myself.

You are so right that just knowing that I need to change is the first step. One doesn't change until they know that change is needed...
 
How are you doing? I did not sleep much last night! My knee started swelling from the short walk to watch fireworks! I am so frustrated!
 
I am sorry that you are struggling so much. It is very frustrating when just a little walk or something seems to do us in.

I barely slept last night, off and on napping is what I would call it. And I had dreams... (someone stole my rental car in one, someone stole my new camera lens that I haven't yet received to replace the one that was stolen when I was in Portland, and then I took my 'husband' that is divorcing me to look for it with me) weird annoying dreams. I am exhausted from lack of sleep.

Yesterday I played in the pool with my kids and granddaughter and my legs are achy and tired. I have had it with not sleeping!!! :hairpulling: : :gaah: :hissy:
 
Maybe keeping a diary would be a good thing, you do so many things without even thinking, maybe if you saw it in print you could see where you could cut back. I'm sorry you girls are having such a hard time. I get tired really fast for what seems to me no reason. I get concerned there's something else going on but try to remember what they say, my body is still working on healing & that takes energy.
I don't get any swelling (that I can see) in my knees but they still do hurt quite a bit standing up and sitting down, especially when the meds wear off. A neighbor of my daughter had both knees done by the same doctor I had. We email each other now and then and she said it took her 11 1/2 months to feel herself again. He did both of her knees at the same time but wouldn't do mine together. I think my age & weight were a factor but I think me crying from being so scared sinched it.
Sleeping still stinks. Either I'm not tired at 1am or I wake up every hour or so because something hurts, usually my hips -oh joy, something else to worry about.
It'll all come together one of these days. I met my daughter and granddaughters at a local diner for lunch the other day. Since it's such a short walk going in I didn't bring my cane and the older one was so excited! She ran up to me and gave me a hug. So cute, keeps me going. I even went upstairs to her room with her, something I haven't done in well over a year.
 
Well, I do suppose that if I were to journal down all the things that I do it would really help to look at it and analyze it and then monitor and adjust. I am pretty sure that I am doing too much, but I really want to start working out and get in shape, but that would be adding more in. How and when do I get to do that???

Thursday I cleaned out the guest room, allowing the kids to serve by moving all of the furniture. The room had become a catch all for all manner of things, and my sister is coming to town and I needed to turn it back into a guest room. Yesterday I went to the barn and watched my daughter ride, and then I did quite a bit of walking around there. My legs were down right tired and a bit achy. We dashed to the grocery and then to the mountains. I rested then with the exception of making dinner, which I did mostly from the sitting position. We chilled and enjoyed the evening.

I had called my doctor the other day and asked for something to help me sleep. He prescribed Ambien, which I picked up when we went to the store yesterday. After reading all about it last night I was afraid to take it, but I did it anyway. I think that I slept for about 5 hours and then dozed some more. I will try it again.

I really think that if I could get my system to a regular healthy sleeping pattern that things would begin to improve and healing could happen...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom