PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Wonderful pictures. Know you're happy but tired. So take the next couple of days off and only do what's necessary---put your feet up, ice, and rest, rest, rest.
 
Beautiful pics! Congrats again to your DD!
Rest up now!
I am trying to get my head used to the idea of returning to work this week.....
 
Phew! That was a long trip home. 6 plus hours! My daughter did a lot of driving, but we switched back and forth since we were both so exhausted from the Horse Show...

I woke up this morning with my knee hurting very, very much. Then I found out that it was pouring down rain. I was relieved to know that some of the level of pain came from the weather. We had rain off and on throughout the trip, but not too much. I will be soooo glad to sleep in my own bed tonight. :zzz:
 
This morning I walked up the steps (normal) and it felt pretty good. I also walked back down them (normal) I could do it, but it hurt. Anyway it felt like a great accomplishment. :yay:

I enjoyed sleeping in my own bed last night. I went to the Chiropractor this morning and am back home feeling exhausted and wanting a nap. I believe that I shall indulge, since I spent last week overdoing it. :sleep: :)
 
I went to the Chiropractor this morning and am back home feeling exhausted and wanting a nap. I believe that I shall indulge, since I spent last week overdoing it. :sleep: :)

Naps are indeed one of the greatest things ever invented!! I find it ironic that, as a child, I hated taking naps because I felt that they were not "adult-like." Now, I know better!!:rotfl:
 
So, I did take a nap. It was short but sweet.

Tomorrow I go back for my 8 week checkup. I am worried that I will miss the chance to ask a question that I will regret not asking. I do not even know what I want to ask. Any ideas???
 
I always worry that the doctor will not be pleased with my progress. I hope that I will not be too swollen, so that I can actually show off my max flexion. I want to be told that I am doing good.
 
Thanks Kelly. I just talked to my personal trainer tonight. I am going to start working with her after I go for my check-up tomorrow and see what he has to say.

[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery This is my ROM. IDK what the measurement on that is. All I know is that that heel could touch my butt before surgery and I aim to get it as close to that as possible. I know that my ROM is good and I want it to get to be excellent...
 
BJ, I have been catching up on your posts and I am so proud of the progress you are making! I think all of us want to test out our knees when we are feeling good early in recovery! I know I have a few times and as Jamie reminded me (and I already knew! The knee is in charge! :heehee:
 
BJ - you're not doing good - you're doing more than excellent! What a fantastic ROM you have. If I get anywhere near that once I've had my surgery I'd be more than happy.

Love the pics of the horses. I adore horses, but don't get a chance to be around them much. The smell of the horses and the leather just is something else. Well done to your daughter on all those ribbons. Enjoy your well deserved rest. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, and worry about the consequences later. As long as you had a great time and enjoyed the time spent with your daughter! Take it easy for a few days and I'm sure you'll be fine again (says she who has no idea what's in store on the "other side" :)).
 
Thanks Sonja, I appreciate your encouragement.

Phoenixx29, it feels really good to hear your compliments. I do hope that you do very well after your surgery also. I love the smell of the horses and leather too. Just being around them is soothing, and Prince is just one of the sweetest and gentlest horses I have ever met.

Unfortunately I do not get to rest much as I am on a flight to Portland Oregon tomorrow. I will be spending the next 5 days with my son registering for his new college out there and spending some time checking out what is around. He wants to drive to the coast, and I am excited about this as I have never been to the West Coast other than in San Diego.
 
I had my 8 week check up today. The doctor asked if I am glad that I had it done. I told him that I will be. Right now I am still in pain and having trouble sleeping because of it. I am just not myself, I am still weak, and I am generally a very active athletic person. He was very pleased with my ROM and I asked if I will be able to get it where my other leg is. (heel to butt) He said that is a tough one, he can't make any guarantees, but I can keep working on it. He told me that I have excellent ROM, better than what he aims to get from most patients. He told me that I do not need PT and that I can work with my personal trainer if I want to. He gave me a new prescription for percoset and told me that he doesn't want me on it past 3 months. I hope that it will be more than enough to get me through...

I asked him about flying tomorrow. He told me to take an asprin tonight and one tomorrow morning, wear the TED, and get up and walk around every hour to hour and a half...

So, once I get home next week I will talk to my trainer and have her work on a workout program for me. I also am looking forward to doing my own PT in my swimming pool.
 
"We can be all mopey or we can do some mourning and then get on with it..."

BJ, I like this attitude toward life; it gets us up and keeps us moving forward. And you are moving forward and upward. All things will continue to get better as you go. There will be adjustments to be made, tears to be spilled, and anger to dispel; but you have the grit and determination to "get on with it". And not to forget that there will also be smiles and laughter along the way, too. Enjoy you trip---use it to refresh your being. Take care, keep us posted, we care.
 
Hi BJ just catching up with your thread. I have tried to be on top of it but found myself exhausted. my granddaughters are here and the oldest one is BORED LOL. Congrads to your daughter and to you, I know how proud you are!!!!! Your pictures are great. So your off again!!!! Be careful do everything your doctor told you remember to take of youself. I don't really like this news platform. Good Luck to you and your son
Kim
 
Thanks Judy, I am taking care and have found a place to rent a wheel chair so that if my son and I want to do some touring and such I will be able to do so without overdoing it. The cost is minimal.

Kim, goodness you are still so early in your recovery, of course you find yourself exhausted, and with your granddaughters there as well... Thanks, yes I am proud and she is learning so much by getting to do this. I wore my TED and took my asprin. There was an empty seat on the first flight next to us so I was able to put my foot up and I had taken a ziplock bag along and asked the flight attendant for ice, so I even iced in flight. :) On the second flight they gave those of us needing wheelchairs better seats, the ones with extra legroom. I was able to stretch out my legs and with my slipper socks on I put my feet up on the wall in front of me (more elevating) I also got up and moved around twice. I am a bit swollen and sore tonight, but faired pretty well.
 
Thanks Kelly. I just talked to my personal trainer tonight. I am going to start working with her after I go for my check-up tomorrow and see what he has to say.

[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery This is my ROM. IDK what the measurement on that is. All I know is that that heel could touch my butt before surgery and I aim to get it as close to that as possible. I know that my ROM is good and I want it to get to be excellent...


I hate you. I wish I had such ROM. :sigh:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery This is my ROM. IDK what the measurement on that is. All I know is that that heel could touch my butt before surgery and I aim to get it as close to that as possible. I know that my ROM is good and I want it to get to be excellent...
I hate you. I wish I had such ROM. :sigh:
Don't worry about it; mine is no better, yet my surgery was long before and I work on it.

However, be heartened; stretching every day does improve flexion, slow and sure, IMO.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom