Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Day 6. Pt was out today but they can not do anything with me my blood was way to thin so she will either be here Friday or Monday. I can't use knives or scissors and am not allowed to shave. She also doesn't want me to be on my cpm machine or doing any exercises. My pain isn't to bad today just a little tender from the pop last night. But I get to get out of the house to go to pharmacy for my pain meds and some more ice packs. Then I get to rest and ice my leg for the next 2 days.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Do you want to leave the house? I'd send someone to pickup what you need, unless you're just feeling you need to get out. You may be joining the ODIC early.
 
I need to get out of the house. Im not use to being home all day everyday. I need the fresh air also.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I felt the need for fresh air while in rehab. My best friend wheeled me out onto a small patio in the hospital, just so I could have some fresh air. My claustrophobia was in full swing, but they did always try to keep me in a bed near the door. I'm afraid I didn't feel well enough to go anywhere besides PT for at least a month though.
 
I'm just going crazy inside this house. I will be very careful when I go out.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If you go out, be very careful not to do too much. Just sitting somewhere will be plenty for now.

By the way, so that we don't have to keep going back to your first posts, please will you make a signature, in which you put your surgery and its date - writing the name of the month. You'll see what sort of thing to write if you look at other people's signatures.
Here's how to do it:
How to create a signature
If you can't do it, remind what you had done and when and we'll get it done for you.
Thank you. :flwrysmile:
 
@Vangheluwec
Thank you for doing your signature.
Can I ask you to alter it slightly, please? You see, we're an international forum and writing the date just in figures can create some confusion. Some write the dates one way and some do it another way.
To you, 11/05/2015 probably means the 5th of November, 2015. To me, as I grew up in England, it means the 11th of May, 2015. That's why we ask you to write the name of the month, as in 5 November, 2015.
Then, we'll all understand right away.

Thank you. :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Fresh air felt great. I'm not doing to bad the ride got to me on the way back. But I came home and elevated and iced it and took some pain pills.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you got out and got some fresh air! I have been outside once and that was Tuesday with PT. Going to see surgeon today to get staples removed..woohooo!!
Will be nice to get out but know it will wipe me out, so nap time :sleeep: to follow.
 
It wiped me out. Glad your getting staples out. I didn't get those I got the surgical strips. Best of luck to you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So nurse was just here I have to go to my dr office tomorrow for X-rays. I'm having a hard time putting weight on it and lifting it. I keep getting that pop feeling. My blood is still way to thin so no cumadin for now. She will recheck Monday.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Vangheluwec A lot of people including myself have that popping in the knee. It has slowly started to disappear but it is still there. My surgeon told me to expect that in a pre op meeting. I'm sorry you have to go to he doctors office tomorrow. Make sure you take some pain pills and be ready with the ice upon your return home. I hope all is well.
 
Thank you. It feels like something is squeezing on the front of it and it's really tender and I can't put pressure on it. So hopefully everything is ok. I'll update later about what he says is wrong with it. Not sure if it's cause I can't do any exercises or not that it's just gotten really stiff. Pain meds are coming with me. And while I'm their hopefully he will refill everything for me. I have 4 days left on most of my meds and 5 days on the pain med.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had the same feeling of pressure on front of the knee and tendeness. My knee was swollen inside. The feeling has slowly been decreasing but I still have it a little bit. It's a good idea to get pain med prescription while there since it can't be called onto a pharmacy. I hope everything is ok.
 
Back
Top Bottom