Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

I don’t really do to much exercises. I do plenty of walking at my one job. I’m a host at a restaurant. And I’m also a school bus driver during the week. And yes that looks to be about where the pain is.
 
I too am over two years out and am experiencing pain but on the outside of the knee around the knee cap. I also have some popping and if I step wrong something “bites” me at the back of the knee. I have excellent extension (possibly too much!) and very good bend as well. Figure it is just something I have to live with!
 
I’m thinking it’s something I’ll just have to deal with as well. I have great flexion and extension. And my dr was happy with the strength in my leg. I still do stairs one at a time because I’ve never learned to trust my new knee. But I could do them regular if their not to tall.
 
To learn to trust my knee, I practiced on stairs with two railings, in case it gave way. My knee did fine, it took me time to trust my knee. If there is a rail, I still use it.
Slow but sure will get you there.
 
I only have one railing on my stairs. But I’m sure eventually I will get their to. I did have a rough start with my knee and needed the second surgery about a year later.
 
I have a revision scheduled for April 9th. I fell back in December and landed on my tkr knee and twisted it. Have any of you been through the revision? How was the recovery? Was the pain as bad with the surgery?
 
Just clink on a yellow tab on the Recovery page and it'll take you to all those that have had a revision.
 
Good luck! I did not need a revision with either knee, but have appreciated the reports from fellow BoneSmartees who have!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom