Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

No place like home! Glad you made it!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Alarms are set for pain meds. Get next dose at 130 am. On cpm machine for 2 hours. The machine actually feels good after a few minutes. It helps to get the stiffness out. Managed to do a shower tonight without getting my leg wet. That felt so good and relaxing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
A shower in your own home is magic medicine! So smart to set an alarm to take your meds. You are doing great! I like the CPM machine too. Lots of folks don't use it anymore, but I think it really helped me. Keep up the good work!
 
Glad you are home and as others said, stay on top of pain meds - don't try to be a 'tough guy' and do without!
 
I'm not gonna try and be tough. Lol those pain meds are my everything right now. I just can't believe how much they help. And my mom knows to wake me up to take the every 4 hours. I'm so happy she is here I don't know what I would do without her. Still on cpm machine it's helping to get things moving and feels good. Thank you everyone for your support I really do appreciate it. I'm blessed that I found this forum.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like you're doing better now that you're home. I hope you feel better every day!!:sleeep:
 
I am doing much better now that I'm home I'm happier and more comfortable. It's easier having my mom and husband to help me. Although I did have a few good cna in the hospital.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It helps to be surrounded by caring people who love you. So happy to hear things are better at home.
 
I'm glad to be home. We went over rules with my daughter. That if I fall asleep she needs to leave the room. And to not wake mommy up. Pain is very tolerable with the meds being taken right. So that is helpful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I love the cpm machine. It gets all the stiffness out and helps relax me. And does a lot for the pain. I can't believe how great it is.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like you are doing so much better. Let your mom baby you for a while. It's what you need right now. I never had a CPM machine. That will be something I'll have to ask about next time around. Keep up with the meds and sleep. That will keep you on the road to recovery!!
 
Some people love the CPM machine. Others hate it.
Some surgeons recommend using it and some don't.
While using a CPM does seem to help in the early days, it makes no difference to your recovery or ROM in the long term.

So, if your surgeon recommends it and you like it, use it. Don't worry if you don't like it. Not using it won't affect your outcome.
If your surgeon doesn't recommend it, don't worry, because you'll still get there without it.
 
Ok weird question the constipation I am taking Metamucil 3-4 times a day and still not going to the bathroom. What have you guys found that worked. I don't want anything to harsh because my system can be sensitive. And I don't want to be running to the bathroom every 20 min. Thank you for your help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok I will send them to get some miralax in the morning. And thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom