Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

@vanheluwic, so sorry you've had such a hard time of it. hope everything is getting better for you. If you would ever like to talk in person, complain, complain, vent, whatever, I'll gt my phone number to you. I'll be on my own most of next week so won't mind talking. E
 
The dr said everything is good it's just the normal process of healing. It will feel different because it's a new knee it won't feel like my old one.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad all is ok with your knee. You're going through the hard part now. It will get better!!
 
Thank you. I just didn't expect pain like this. I barely had any pain then 2 days later it's worse then the day after surgery but I guess that's how it will go I'll have some good days and then bad days.
Then I got more good news u can get my knee wet so no more awkward showers. Yay

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Beginning my recovery.
now to get rid of the stiffness. I can use the cpm again.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The first week or two is just taking pain meds to keep the pain under control and ice to control swelling. Take it easy for a few weeks and the pain will lessen.
 
I'm hoping because after those few good days it's just gotten worse. But I am spending most of my time resting and icing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It is definitely a roller coaster ride! Just try to remember when you are in a low that your knee will get better. I would bet that you have been doing more now and that's why your knee is complaining a bit more. You went to the doctor and you're probably trying to do more since you are home. Enjoy a nice shower!
 
In gonna take a long shower in a little while. When your sleeping does your leg ever jump since you had it replaced. Mine just started doing it and it never has.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yup. Al, kind of strange things seemed to happen. It's just your knee healing.
 
Ok great. Cause that part is driving me nuts it just started and wakes me every time it does it. So many new things. Is your knee doing good


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Still feels a bit stiff but overall I can just about say I'm glad I did it! :dancy:
Unfortunately it seems to always go slower than we think it should! I've had other surgeries in my past and 3 children and this is the hardest thing I've ever done. You're doing ok. We could all write a book!
 
The restless leg & involentary twitching is a PIA for sure. Luckily I only had it for a few days.

Everything you are experiencing is normal as we learn from Bonesmart. So you are not alone.

I still have to wrap my knee for showers at almost 8 weeks, have one little spot on my shin that will not close up.
 
I guess I was lucky. I just had a waterproof bandage on my knee and got up and took a shower on my own while I was in the hospital. I surprised the nurses and I had to take a nap afterwards because I was so tired!
 
I don't have to wrap or anything. He told me today I can start washing it with soap and water. So I guess I got lucky their. I hated the mess that it made from one leg out of the shower. Oh but it felt so good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have steri strips. But stitches on the inside. Sorry yours wasn't healing up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm at the point where I feel useless I need someone to take care of me. I made 2 trips to the kitchen today. One to make an English muffin and another to heat up my rice pack. Now I'm in horrible pain. I hate that I can't take care of myself. My mom has to do almost everything for me. I can't even get the shower set up for myself. I can't make my own food because I can't stand that long. I can't even sit in my living room for more than 20 minutes because I need to come back to my room to elevate my leg so I'm comfortable. I hate I can't do anything. How do I get past this feeling of uselessness.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom