Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Your pain meds should control your pain better than they are. I think you should ask your doctors to re-assess and possibly prescribe something different. Don't go using the pain patch unless you've discussed it with your doctors - you don't know how it will combine with your other medications.
 
Ok so the last dose of pain meds have helped along with keeping it elevated my pain is at about a 2-3. Finally getting this under control.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The nurse said it just took a while to build the meds up in my system. I'm good with that though less pain now. I can live with that.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok day 3 I believe. I am doing a lot better we got the pin under control not all the way gone but good enough to were it don't bother me to much. I'm hooked up to the cpm machine I like the machine it feels good. I am learning how to get around better with the knee. Using a gait belt to get the leg in and out of bed.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Make sure they give you something for pain before you head home. I sat in the front seat, but you can also slide into the back and keep your leg elevated. I was only a half hour from home so I opted for the front.hope your pain is manageable at home.
 
Yes I am going home today bin going to get a dose of percocete before I go I'm due in like 20 min.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes me to dr was just in. So all that's left is to fill out paperwork.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your heading home, that's great. I'm sure you have your recliner and bed ready. I am sure you will feel even better with familiar surroundings.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So I'm home. Laying on couch really wish I would have gotten a recliner. Pain is up a bit but it's a 45 min drive and enough walking to get to my apt. So lay back relax with some ice.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Get some ice on that knee too. It'll help immensely.
 
I'm glad you are finally home. Keep that ice going and sleep whoever you can! :sleeep:
 
Just woke up. I was on my machine in bed. Mom woke me up to get me off it. Lol I'm getting ready to lay back down.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ask Mum not to wake you up. She could have just turned the machine off. You need to sleep whenever you can.
 
That's a good idea I'll show her how to turn it off next time. Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You can ice through the night if the knee gets achy and set an alarm to take pain meds throughout the night also. You don't want the pain to get ahead of you again. Better to wake up for meds, than wake up in pain.
 
Good to hear you are home and with pain under control. Just that trip home from the hospital will wipe you out for the rest of the day!! Keep yourself medicated around the clock! :sleeep:
 
Back
Top Bottom