Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

O no I'm so sorry about the continuing problems at the hospital. No is the time for the nursing supervisor. You can call yourself for him/her. Call switchboard and ask/demand they come to your room. If you have anyone there with you send them to the desk and make that demand. I hope you are feelings better soon.
 
My mom talked to someone and they assured her that it wouldn't happen again.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Vangheluwec Im glad your mom was there for you. You will probably be better once you get home. I hope you feel better every day!
 
I just got a chance to log in. I was thinking about you all day. Is your pain under control? Do you know why your nurse did not come when you called. At my pre-op hospital consultation they told me that a nurses will respond quickly to my calls especially when it's about pain. If it happens to me and I pray it does not I will call the patient advocate as alexthecat suggested. This forum is great. Let me know how you are doing. Take care.
 
Most of the nurses graduated in May of this year. So I'm guessing they are still working out their schedule. Trying to get the routine down. But I had an amazing aide early she made sure u was Keats comfortable and helped me wash up and was just a sweet Herat to me. I would push the button the aid would come but it took the nurse forever to show. Idk I'm probably getting out tomorrow that way I can do my own meds.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I do hope you get to leave tomorrow. In the meantime call for nursing supervisor. You won't be waiting in pain. You can contact patient advocate too but that won't help at night. I hope you are getting some rest. I'll be thinking about you.
 
I have been sleeping a lot during the day. I can't seem to sleep that well t night. But as long as I getting some.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sleeping at night might continue to be difficult for you. You are right to sleep when you can, but you can also ask for something to help you sleep at night. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with inexperienced nurses. Most of mine were great, very caring and stayed on top of my pain. I only had 2 nurses in my 22 days of hospital/rehab stay that didn't come when I called. My favorite nurse was a male nurse who suggested Miralax for my constipation problem. I took boxes of candy to them a few months after to thank them for all they did. I do hope you have a good nurse tonight.
 
I'm hoping I get a good nurse also. I know the aid that I have till 11 or so is not the greatest I had her yesterday. I push the button and she comes she just not a happy seeming person. She doesn't use the gait belt on me ( no big deal). She just has to be their for me to transfer and go to the bathroom She does good about always making sure I have my ice pack and it's filled. Now just to get the nurses on top of my meds so that I get them at right time pain has decreased some, I asked to be put on the gabapentin to help with nerve pain and it's done a lot. I'll take that 3xday


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sleeping good at night will be difficult for a few weeks so prepare yourself mentally. Looking at your picture your leg looks great which is a sign of a good OS. Which will translate into quicker recovery.
 
Well that's good. I think the incisions look good. I'll know more in a few days.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Vangheluwec , I am so sorry your care and pain control hasn't been the best. Having to wait 30 minutes for your pain pill is ridiculous! I would definitely let your OS know about this. Dr's will get very angry with staff if they find out that their patients have not had good care, especially pain control. Nurse's are busy but pain med requests should be a high priority, they were for me because I would treat them as if it was me or a family member and in pain! :hissy: Also report this to hospital administration because they don't want it out there that their patient care is poor.
I actually changed hospitals and OS because 2 of my friends told me the care there was poor when they had their TKR's.
Good thing you will be out of there soon and get better care at home.
 
Yes definitely trying to get out tomorrow. I will have home pt which will help and can monitor my own meds. I feel a lot better since this morning. So that's a bonus. I see a lot of the newer nurses have came in I'm not sure witch one is mine.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Percocet really did the trick for me. Hope it works for you as well.
 
It helping but I'm still at a 6-7 right now I just took 2 more along with a gabapentin. So I should feel better in an hour or so.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Vangheluwec , I hope you can get your pain under control. I am also sorry about the care you have had with the nurses. Home will really look good. Prayers for a peaceful night and a safe trip home tomorrow. :friends:
 
Ok so we're back ups to about an 8 in pain a 9 if I put pressure on it. I want to go home to get this under control I'll have a pain patch at home to help. Plus the pain pills. Like 12 hours to go.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Avoid putting pressure on the knee if possible and stay on top of the nursing staff so you get the meds you need.

Take care!
 
Thank you just got my 12am meds so we're good now to see if they I'll help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom