Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Just got done with pt. the other therapist pushed me I didn't mind because I didn't take a pain pill before to cover the pain. I measured at 85 flex and -10 extension. Which is the best it has been. I'm happy this knee is bending. Now I'm home to ice and elevate it the rest of the day. My pain is around a 4-5 so not to bad. I was also able to go up the stairs step op knee first. And tried out the bike. I lifted my leg my self up on the pt table which I haven't been able to do yet. I still need to support it on the way down.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh I can't wait for more movement in it. I just want it back to normal


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like you're doing well. I'm glad to hear your bend has improved. Good luck getting the swelling down.
 
Sounds like the MUA was a good thing. Keep the swelling down and the bend should come.
 
So made it to 90 today at pt. hoping for 95/100 tomorrow. I'm so happy I'm getting more flexion in my knee it feels better to be able to sit normally. I don't really have to much pain but their is still some tenderness.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's hard to take an real and be gentle with it. I'm out walking a mall I am taking lots of sit breaks while here. I'm not doing to bad just a little sore.

I am very happy I had an mua done it has made such an improvement with my knee. I am more comfortable with sitting on the couch. Now I just wish that I could lower my leg by myself but it still needs support for going down. I'm trying to find a pair of tennis shoes but no luck with anything that's comfy. My old ones feel way to weird on my foot. And I need something besides my toms or uggs. My pt want me wearing tennis shoes for support( ugh I hate tennis shoes) but if it will help then so be it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My knee doesn't hurt. Just a tight calf which is normal for me. I walked almost 2 miles today and actually feel good. My knee is not swollen or stiff. A bit of swelling in my feet earlier but that is now gone. The knee was a bit sore while walking.

Now that I can actually move its hard to stay put. I am getting back to normal even though it has taken a while. Which feels really good. I don't think I over did it because I don't hurt my pain is only about a 1-2 just slight discomfort. I will try and take it easy Saturday and Sunday.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
hope you are able to find some sneakers that work. I bought some Asics right before my knee got way worse right before my surgery and didn't really wear them and am fortunate that they still feel great with my new gait post surgery


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
I'm hoping I find a pair I don't really like them so I'm picky lol. I'll try dicks after Christmas maybe they have a pair.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you can take it easy the next few days. You're getting good results from the MUA.
 
So I have had a day with almost no pain. I have not had a pain pill since yesterday which is nice. Hopefully I am finally getting to the point where I may only need them at night time. I still have some tenderness in my knee but it is not bothering me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm hoping I find a pair I don't really like them so I'm picky lol. I'll try dicks after Christmas maybe they have a pair.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I'm not a huge fan - I'm a chuck Taylor person but I'm not allowed to walk the world in those for a while - too little support. :(

we shall trudge unhappily for only a short time. once you get down to Tx, Academy will definitely have some on sale.

Merry Christmas


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
Oh I forgot about academy. If I can't find a pair here I'll check their. I can't wait for bushes sweet tea mmmm and all the other wonderful things in tx. 3 weeks and I'll be their.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Have a great day. Hopefully the knees don't bother us to much.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom