Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Merry Christmas! My goodness, I have missed so much being sick! I am thrilled your MUA went so well and you are doing good. Prayers do get answered. Your daughter is a doll. I had a pair of Brooks Ghost 7 shoes that I loved before surgery, so I just ordered a new pair so the tread would not be worn from walking on the old knee. Good luck!
 
Thank you. I unfortunately can't even use the type of shoe I have for a while because they basically offer no support and I have externally flat feet. I need some form of arch support in them. Hopefully you are feeling better.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I too have wild flat feet. Such a pain in the bum.

Bush's sweet tea is my everything...my mouth watered just reading those words. It's sunny and warm down here. :) I know you're coming down to take care of family but I sure hope you get to enjoy the good weather. 3 weeks and I'll be back to Ohio for less than TEXAS weather but be back with my SO.

Merry Christmas
--cheers to our knees cooperating
 
I'm leaving mi. So weird that were almost swapping places. I can't wait for the weather. I definitely plan on some day trips. San Antonio with the river walk and Dallas are favorites. Plus we end up in Austin a few times a month. Have a safe trip up north.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I live in Austin :) enjoy


very coincidental we are about swapping places! safe travels!
 
I don't have flat feet, but have developed plantar fasciitis in my TKR foot. I found Vionic shoes offered great support. It takes a while to get used to them, they suggest wearing them for short spurts at first. Good news...they make flip flops! The flip flops are my favorite and help my foot the best, but with winter I'm just wearing them in the house. You can find them on zappos.
 
The Vionic flip flops are the best! I tried them this summer. With the tendon surgery I had on my foot I have had to wear orthotics and the Vionics give enough of an arch...bought 3 pairs:). I have never tried their shoes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'll have to look into coconuts expecially since they have flip flops. Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you are doing so well. Besides having flat feet you need to know if one side of your foot hits first or if your whole foot hits at the same time. The outside of my foot hits first so I was told I was over pronated and then I was fitted for sneakers at a running store. If you are I could go find the names of the sneakers I have and maybe they would work for you too. I know one pair is made by Brooks and one by Ascics.
 
I'm not sure. I'll have to have my pt tell me cause my gate is still off and I'm limping.

Ok so finally got brave and tried an actual bath. Ohh was it wonderful my muscles feel relaxed for a change. I was able to get in and out of the tub with no problem. I thought it might be hard to get out because of being wet, it was so easy. Happy that I can get my relaxing baths again.

The knee is swollen today so it's hard to bend I overdid it yesterday with all the holiday stuff. The inside of my quad still is not working so that's getting to me. The outside part occasionally works but it still does not fully tighten (when I try and tighten the quad muscle). Ohh I wish this dang muscle would work already.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad you got your bath! What does your dr. Say about your quad? I hope it will start firing before you leave. Will your OS refer you to someone in case something comes up?
 
He didn't say anything about the quad. My pt thinks it weird it's not working yet. Os said see him as needed and did not refer me to anyone. If anything happens their I know theirs some good dr about 20 min away.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You migh also want to check to see if you can be referred to a PT there too. Your OS can give you a paper script for it or can always fax them one if you need/want to continue PT.
 
I'm going to do pt at a regular gym. My insurance does not cover me their for very much. Thank you though


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My knee is still very stiff feeling. It's only swollen a little bit. I have iced it for about 2 hours today and have had it elevated about 90% of the day and all of last night. I did a few bends with it to try and loosen it up but that didn't help. Trying to figure out how to get it more relaxed feeling again. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of the tightness. But on the plus side my calf is not tight today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's that two steps forward and one step back we all seem to go through. I'm glad your calf is not tight today. Sometimes you can't see the swelling inside the knee and that causes stiffness too. I live in that world where it is also stiff and the only thing that seems to help me is ice and elevation. I hope you are feeling better soon.
 
I'm hoping so to. It's more annoying then anything before the surgery I thought I would bounce right back to normal. Boy was I wrong being young hasn't done much in helping me with that. I have so much my knee needs to be able to do within the next 3 weeks and I'm hoping the knee will go along with what it's supposed to do lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
3 weeks is still a long time. You can make great gains in that time period but just give your knee some extra babying now.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom