Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

I will do my best at babying it when I can. I have pt everyday next week and then the week after school starts back up so I get to play taxi driver. I won't do any more than what I need to do.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Pt went good today flex is still at 90. Therapist said it's probably because of swelling on the inside of the knee. I can walk around without the cane outside now. My os prescribed meloxicam 15mg once a day for swelling. Hopefully that will help being I can't take to much Motrin.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
When you consider in had your surgery November 5, and your MUA December 21, there's no doubt there's swelling. My TKR and MUA can attest to that!
 
Yeah. It's not much swelling doesn't really show on the outside. It's stiff and I feel swollen. I'm hoping this will help with the stiffness and swelling.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yeah. It's not much swelling doesn't really show on the outside. It's stiff and I feel swollen. I'm hoping this will help with the stiffness and swelling.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum


it's so wild to me how our knees can have no visible additional swelling but can be so dang stiff...hoping things loosen up for you and the flexion starts rolling


RTKR - 08DEC15
 
Thank you. I'm hoping this med will help take care of the swelling. My rom is staying at 90 for now. I'm just happy it hasn't went down. If I can make it to 100-110 I will be much more happier with that.

I'm not sure if I will be able to do pt tomorrow. We had a snow and ice storm come thru. I'm nervous to try and walk if it's slippery out I don't want to fall and hurt it. Plus if the roads aren't clear I can't drive my car ( it's rear wheel and I don't know how to drive a rear wheel in the snow). I'm hoping that it will be clear for me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If you go out in the weather, definitely use a cane or Walker to stabilize yourself. Slow and easy.
 
It looks like the cement is clear today. Just a bit in the grass. I will bring my cane and go slowly. I think it's just wet its in the low 40's. So no ice. I'm just going to be nervous the first time I have to do the ice part of it all.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am always super careful in the winter, I really don't want to fall at all.
 
Good Morning. :) I had my TKR on October 27th. Today, in the northeast, is our first taste of snowy, icy weather. I definitely used my cane, even though I only had to walk a very short distance in it. I've been trying to not use my cane, but limp much more and end up having more pain. After reading everyone's experiences through these forums, I started using it most of the time again. It helps so much. I don't have a limp when I use the cane. I also don't have pain and can then walk freely so much better for a short time. Figured out the hard way that my knee is just not ready to do it all on its own. I know it is getting better and better as each week passes though. :happydance:
 
It was almost all clear. A little bit of ice by my car but husband helped me thru it.

I used my cane today because of the weather. I don't use it all the time anymore. I do limp more with out it. But it makes it easier to carry things when both hands are free to use. I don't have much more pain not use one it. The cane only lends a bit more support for walking around and help with the limp.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's a good idea to keep using the cane until you can walk without a limp.
 
Ok I'll keep up with the cane at least outside.

Just got off the phone with my os office I asked them for 2 more weeks of 5x a week for pt. I want the extra weeks so I can work on my quad muscles and hopefully gain some more rom. I'm really hoping that he will send the script into them. I was able to do a straight leg raise today. Yay while raising my leg out from a sitting position my extension is 15 and when just relaxing it is 5. I am happy with the 5 it almost feels like my leg is completely straight to me. My flex is still at 90 and that was me forcing it which had slot of discomfort. I had the pt assistant today she was feeling both my knees and said my right is pretty swollen. She showed me some simple things that I can do for my quad. Most of the time when I flex my quad I am also supplementing with my hamstring. She told me to just focus on trying to move the knee cap area. Usually when I do this my hamstring moves my knee up a bit (or something like that). She had me doing hamstring stretches for my right leg ohh was it tight. I did not realize how tight it was until the stretches. Se was amazing at the massages she uses a lot more pressure which I like. I think next week I will schedule with her she's very gentle with bending and helpful. I can almost do the full rotation going backwards on the bike I'm about 2 inches from being able to get it to go around the back.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm very happy I worked with the new one today. I think she has a lot of good ideas and will be able to get me doing more things.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
sounds like a really kick a day with the new PTA. super glad for you. young old knees unite :)


RTKR - 08DEC15
 
I felt getting a full rotation on the bike and doing a 5-10 minutes at low resistance helped me get a better flexion.
 
@KarriB I am trying my hardest to get the full rotation but it's just not their yet hopefully by the end of week or next week.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It'll come. For some reason backward is easier than forward. I got backward first also.
 
I know it will mines just taking a bit longer to get their.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom