Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Remember to take it easy after the MUA. It will cause some new soft tissue damage, so you'll need to rest, ice and elevate again, and probably increase your pain meds for a while.

Don't let them make you do lots of exercises at PT. You do need to treat your knee gently after a MUA.
 
Thank you for the tips I will do my pain meds more often after the mua I will not let them force my leg.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sorry to hear you need a MUA, but hopefully you will be able to get the ROM to where you need it to leave in January. Have you thought about doing some PT after you leave if you still need it?
 
I will continue pt but at a gym. My therapist will give me the exercises that I need to do. If I did regular pt their it would be all out of pocket so the gym membership is much cheaper and I can still do it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I will continue pt but at a gym. My therapist will give me the exercises that I need to do. If I did regular pt their it would be all out of pocket so the gym membership is much cheaper

Wish you didn't have to go through the MUA routine. But in the long run it will be good.

I visited a Workout Anytime gym last Sunday to see about continuing my own PT. January first does start our co-pays back and it's much cheaper to pay $15.00 a month at the gym. Should I pay the $25 a month for tanning bed & hydro massage?
 
Well, I wouldn't pay for the tanning bed at least. It seems to be pretty well established now that there is some danger of increasing skin cancer risk through the use of tanning beds.

As for the hydro massage - it all depends on who does it, how it is done, and whether the therapist is trained in applying the technique to post-surgical limbs.
 
Tanning beds don't work for me I just turn into a lobster lol. The hydro beds would be amazing that would help with the other muscle aches from my gait being off. I will have to find a gym that offers those. I'll probably end up at planet fitness it's usually the cheapest and has 15.00 a month with no commitment. I just looked up some of the other gyms and they look intense. I will be living 5 min from ft hood army base so most of the gyms seem like they are for the weight lifters.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will try the hydro table out for $5.00. They gave me a 3 visit pass to use the equipment.

Never been in a tanning bed before....so IDK maybe I would be that funny orange tint too.
 
I don't turn orange just red. I don't tan at all I'm stuck being pale. But the sun in tx and Florida does give me a little tan.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I will be living 5 min from ft hood army base so most of the gyms seem like they are for the weight lifters.
Ah yes, there's a lot of difference between strength and fitness training for sport and PT for rehabilitation after surgery.
 
Yes their is I think that's why the planet fitness will be the best choice and they will have the machines that I need to use which is the most important part.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I did not realize your flexion is only 60°. I never saw you complain about it- whereas I would have been griping big-time! You're so sweet to everyone, a great mom, and always doing so much. After the MUA you will really need to let others take care of you, at least for a while!
 
Diana is right. After the MUA you'll need to elevate the knee and let the soft tissues heal. The more you elevate and ice the less swelling=better ROM.
 
I will mostly be home alone being that my husband works 10-12 hours a day. My daughter will stay at my moms she will come home Christmas Day and go back. So I don't have to much to worry about. It's not so much the flexion that's has me upset it's the fact that my quad will not activate. On the plus side my extension has came a long way when I have it straight out its almost completely straight.

So my knee is a bit painful tonight. I did not take any pain meds today because we have my step daughter here until tomorrow we haven't had her since before my surgery. And I wanted to spend time with her and not feel tired. I just took a Vicodin so that's starting to help and I'm icing it. Then it didn't help I was on the floor looking for Peyton's tooth (she lost the 2nd one. They grow up so fast). I'm sure it was funny watching me try to get up lol . Hope everyone has a great night.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It doesn't matter if you looked funny - merely being able to get up off the floor so early in your recovery is quite an achievement!
 
It was not easy lol but it was interesting. I could only use my left leg. I was happy to have gotten up at all. I am making small steps in the right direction and that is all that matters.

How painful will it be after the mua. I am almost more scared of this then I was of the tkr. Because I now the pain it causes when I try to bend it farther. I am not looking forward to Monday.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
There will be some pain, but not as much s you felt immediately after your knee replacement. Treat your leg the same way as you did before - rest, ice, elevate and take your pain meds. Only do gentle bends and stretches.
 
Last day to finish up my Christmas shopping. I went to Walmart they did not have any amigos ( but their was a group of teens messing around with them in the store. Ugh) so I walked the store ohh that was not pleasant going to go home soon to ice and elevate my leg. Peyton's going to stay at my moms which is nice I only have to worry about myself yay. Hopefully everyone is having a great day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom