Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

I occasionally use my tens at home.

The neuro muscular machine does run on a different frequency I remember her saying that. It feels much stronger than the tens does.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you're doing well. Your incision looks great. I still have an area of numbness but it seems like it's getting smaller.
 
My numb area is almost the entire outside of my knee from the top to about 3 inches below it. I'll be glad when it is gone.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The numbness makes shaving difficult. I'd miss all kinds of spots and end up with patches of hair on numb spots. Your incision looks great!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am very happy with mi incision. Shaving does feel weird with a regular razor so I'm still using his electric one. I wonder if it will be painless to epilate or wax being its numb.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you I will read that.

Ok I thinking going to be a night with very little sleep. Ugh and I was getting so used to sleeping like normal.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I also am very claustrophobicI'm a house side person. They are not closing my hospital room door. Beautiful week coming up here in NC



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So dr office cancelled the appointment for today. So now I have to go next Friday. I was really hoping to go today I like his pa more he's easier to talk to. But I get to see the dr next week. Hopefully I will have made a lot of progress by then and can get around good with just a cane.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok so queso was not a good idea now my stomachs all queasy. But it was so good
Knee is doing pretty good today. I managed to walk in target didn't use the cart it wasn't far but was towards the back of store. Then sat at bell tire for an hour that made my leg swell up a little. I just had it down to much today. I have been icing and elevating it so it is doing better. There is almost no pain in the knee today i only took a pain pill around 8 am. I will take one before bed just in case. My mom left earlier to go to her house for the weekend I was alone about 7 hours. I managed to cook my own dinner just asparagus and carry the plate with out spilling it. Next week I start driving Peyton to and from school again. Then Friday night my mom will be going home and I will be on my own 10-12 hours a day that should be fun trying to do everything but I am happy that it's finally time for me to do it myself.

Hope everyone has a good night and gets to sleep thru the night.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sure that by the time your mother goes home again you will be able to manage just fine.

Just do simple meals and ignore the inessentials. Don't worry about cleaning - that will keep until later.

After my first knee replacement, I was on my own for 2 weeks, ten days after surgery. With a bit of forward planning, I managed OK. I wasn't driving at that stage, so I had to get a taxi to doctor appointments. Fortunately, my local supermarket allowed you to order on line and have the groceries delivered.
 
That's nice about the groceries. I am happy I can drive now because I couldn't afford a taxi to get into the bigger city for shopping and appointments. I know I will be fine it will be a little difficult keeping up with my daughter because she will be home all day because of winter break. And 5 days a week my husband leaves by 9 am for work and doesn't get home until around 10 pm. I will manage with the dishes extra food down the disposal and rinse them and stuck in the dish washer. I'm sure I can at least wash and fold laundry pey will slide the basket back and forth. But most of the floors and other cleaning will be on my husband. I'm happy to get back to everything I will cook easy dinners in the pressure cooker or crockpot that way I don't have to stand over the stove.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The crock pot was wonderful when I started cooking again. I'd also make a pan of lasagna that would last a few days or a meatloaf, but did packaged potatoes so I wasn't standing as much. Bit by bit you're getting back to normal.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
so cool to see you getting to get back to normal life. can't wait for that stage. and the stage where I'm only sporadically taking pain meds! good luck with your little one during winter break


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
Thank you. Lasagna and meatloaf are good ideas so I only have to cook every few days.

It will be nice getting back to normal. And taking care of pey.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like you're doing well and you will have your 'helper' with you. It is nice to feel like you are getting back to a normal life.
 
Yeah it is nice. Tomorrow it's just me and her and Monday I get to do school and dance. Back to being a chauffeur. I did dinner no problem tonight so that was nice. Now getting ready to make homemade rice pudding mmmm. Have a good night


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So January 16th my daughter and I will be moving to Texas (miss it so much but this was not the way I wanted to go back) to take care of my mother in law who was diagnosed with breast cancer mid November. I will be about 10 weeks post op so should be ok to do it. I'm sure the drive will still take a toll on us I don't stay at hotels we drive straight thru 1500 miles (2400 km for non American) which with my daughter takes about 26 hours with stops. I have to learn stairs comfortably by then because we have 5 stairs or so on the porch. I will also be helping to take care of her husband he's 83 so does require slot of help. So hoping that my knee is going to be ready for this even if not I will smile thru the pain because family comes first. It also means I will be leaving pt about 6 weeks early. I'm sure she will be able to give me exercises to do. We have access to the community pool which will help with my knee. I plan on packing a small cooler to keep ice with me and an ace bandage to ice my knee on the drive down.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know that you said you don't usually stop on that long drive but this time, for the sake of you knee, I really think that you should. Your knee is going to get very stiff and swollen, possibly even to the point where it is dangerous to drive and you will be in no fit state to look after anyone when you arrive. You are still going to be very early in your own recovery and you owe it to yourself to look after yourself as well.

Please reconsider and stop for at least one night along the way.

Is there no one else in the family who can help? Could your husband at least take a few days off work, to share the driving?

How long do you expect to be with your mother-and father in law? Will m-i-l be having a mastectomy? Radiotherapy or chemotherapy?
 
Knee or no knee, I could not drive 26 hours without stopping. Don't you get too tired to drive? That'll be a really long time for your knee to be down, also. So sorry to hear about your m-i-l..
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom