Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

:yes:PT sounds good, will keep you in positive thoughts, hopefully the electrical stimulation will help the muscle. Keep your chin up, it will improve.
 
I am glad you have a good PT. What is a muster machine? I have never been to a gym, and my PT is in a gym. It has been interesting to use the machines there. I need to learn the names of them! Hopefully the electrical stimulation will help your quad. Were you able to relax today?
 
I think the muscle machine is doing something with electrodes I don't really know I don't do it till tomorrow. Just hoping that it is not painful.

I did get some relaxing done. I just had to run to the dealership to get a battery for my key. If it would have died I don't think I can get in or start my car. That's one of the downsides of a push to start.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
it's Russian setting on Stim machine. it'll give u a hard contraction that shouldn't hurt and you'll flex with it then you relax. gets your quad used to firing again. no pain. if there is turn it down it is kinda uncomfortable


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
"Russian setting"? I've never heard of that. Was it a typo?
If not, please can you explain, because I'd like to learn.
 
I think your saying its ruff sitting on the stem machine. I'm glad to know that their won't be any pain. I'm just happy to get this muscle working it makes it hard doing a lot because it helps support and control my lower leg. Thank you for letting me know what to expect.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Not going to pt till Thursday I have one of my migraines. But the knee is feeling better it's not as swollen still a bit stiff.

Trying to find recipe for cabbage I don't really want stuffed cabbage today. Their is a lot of standing to prepare this. I want to try a new recipes for it I'm going to cook my first dinner tonight. Now just to find a quick easy recipes. Hope everyone has a great day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good morning. I am sorry you are having a migraine. My daughter used to have them and started to take magnesium. It has really helped her. Here in the South, we would cook that cabbage with some onion and bacon then serve it with a big bowl of pintos! :rotfl: Oh! and cornbread. Good luck with dinner. I am cooking some now and find that I need to sit down some as the leg swells just standing. Definitely try to get your husband to do the dishes. :wink:
 
My mom will do the dishes it just requires loading the dishwasher. I'm probably going with the cabbage rolls I'll sit and prepare them and put them in the slow cooker. Ohh sounds so good. The corn bread is a good idea and sounds good. I got some mix in the Cupboard. Southern cooking is good though.

Thank you for the magnesium tip I'll have to give it a try.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's best not to take any medications o supplements at this stage unless they've been OKed by your doctor.
 
Having a very good day today hardly any pain. I went to orthopedics office to get a cane and pain med refills. They called today and I won't be able to see the dr Friday but will be seeing his pa. I have pt in the morning hopefully she let me know if I am ready to use my cane instead of a walker.

Hope everyone's day is going good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
When will I be able to go up a stairs. I tried to go up over a curb today and couldn't but I was able to go down from it. I know most people learn how to do it before leaving the hospital, being that I have no stairs I didn't have to do it. I know it's up with the good and down with the bad from privies surgeries I just can't stand in my left leg like that with no support while going up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
At this point most TKRs need a bannister or handle for even a curb. Balance is just one reason along with knee strength. I still struggle with balance a bit.
 
I have to hold onto the railing and use my cane in the other hand. I can go up the 5 steps like a grown-up, but I have to go down the steps - down with the bad and up with the good. There is NO way I could go down normally yet.
 
I'm still working on steps too. Sometimes I'm fine and then other times I can't do either. It helps to hang onto the banister and to be able to use my baby steps whenever I need to.
 
Ok so it's not unnormal I could get down cause I could lean on the walker. I'm so happy I don't have to deal with that on a daily basis. My mom looked at me like I was crazy when I asked her to take my script in. I told her I couldn't do the curb. We live in a small town so I have to park on the side of Main Street and be able to do the curb. Lol oh not being able to do everything is annoying.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I still love ramps. My classroom is right beside he faculty parking lot, it's visible from my windows. When I was getting ready to return to work I asked if they could put a handicap parking space near a ramp. All the handicap spaces were quite a distance from the ramp and required walking across an icy parking lot. So my space is across from the ramp. The curb is so high, it goes halfway up my calf! I had a hard time with it on two good knees. I still use that ramp everyday.
 
Back
Top Bottom