Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Your incision looks wonderful! Mine initially looked good like that. Then the hypertrophic process started and my scar puffed up. Hypertrophy seems to be a genetic or autoimmune problem for me. I'm sorry about your MIL's illness, and that you have to travel so far, so soon.
 
I'm a bit off balance still. I'm ok inside but haven't tried it out side yet. But it's nice knowing I'm getting closer to be without it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So I talked with my mil. It is stage 4 because it has spread to the lungs a 2cm spot in the lung. The dr say the chemo should take care of it as of now their is no surgery planned. She will have chemo every 3 weeks starting dec 23rd.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Praying your mil handles the chemo well and it does it's job, but also hoping you are still able to care for yourself as you need to with your TKR.
 
I will do my best caring for myself I'll go to the gym a couple times a week and do the bikes and walk as long as it's 40 or above. But thank you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am sorry your MIL got the news that the cancer has spread. Does this change your plans to go and how long you will stay? I pray the chemo does not bother her and destroys the cancer.
 
I'm still going. If everything goes good I will come home in June for the summer and Peyton's checkups. If not I will drive to Michigan for peys dr and head back down. I will stay as long as needed I just need to make the trip to Michigan every 6 months for peys checkups.

We're praying that the chemo helps and she does well with it. She is going into it with a positive attitude so I believe that her attitude will be a plus. And she's thankful that I'm coming so she has family and not just friends.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your mil is very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter in law to come take care of her. I hope she does well with the chemo and the cancer is stopped. Make sure you take care of yourself so you can take care of her and you're little girl.
 
Thank you I will do my best taking care of all 4 of us. She has her husband set up with home care for his personal needs a few hours a day so that is a big help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yesterday we had Peyton's dr apt in Detroit it's 2 hours each way. We were their from 1030-200. A lot of walking around in the hospital. After wards we stopped at a few good wills (she needs pants she grew so their high waters) no luck their so I went to the huge outlet mall and did more walking around my leg didn't really hurt to much yesterday until I got out of the car at home. I had been taking a Vicodin about every 4-5 hours. Today my calf is so stiff and tight that it hurts to walk. I called and cancelled today's pt because of it. I have been icing and elevating my leg most of the day. I'm getting around a bit better this afternoon but in the morning I had to use my cane around the house for support. My pain is at about a 5-6 but it's not my knee it's the calf the knee is only a 2(which is normal). I just don't get why the knee is ok but not the calf.

Hope everyone had a good day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have pain in my calf when I'm up and working all day. It's probably just some swelling there. Also I put some ice under my leg at my calf sometimes to help. It may help you too.
 
So went an seen my os today. They will be doing a mua Monday because my flexion is on 60. I don't really want to but agreed to it because I want to have good movement in my knee when I leave in January. I will begin pt 5 days a week starting next week for 2 weeks then will go down to 3x a week.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum[/QUOTE]
[Bonesmart.org] Beginning my recovery.
my x rays


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom