Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

I believe she is going to go chemo or radiation. The mastectomy is her last resort. They are still at the point of running scans and test on her. We don't know what stage it is at this point we should find out this coming up week. I'm not sure how long I will be their at least till the end of the school year because I don't want to switch Peyton again this year. If she needs me longer I'll stay.
She does not have anyone that can stay long term everyone else in the family works. And her daughter does not have anything to do with her so we're pretty much it.

If I have to stop for a night I will. I will not endanger mine and my daughters life or anyone else's. but my plan is to try and make it straight thru or at least to Arkansas. I've done the drive multiple times straight thru. Last time I left Thursday got their Friday and turned around and headed back to Michigan Saturday and got here Sunday. I'm used to doing a lot of long distance road trips we do a few a year usually to Florida late summer and live in Texas for the winter. My husband can't drive because of his eye sight or else he would.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am so sorry to hear about your mother in law. This will be a heavy burden for you. I understand family. You are in my prayers.
 
Good to know you won't be alone even if your husband can't drive. I love to drive, I'm just no good after a few hours, my eyes get heavy and womp :yawn:.
 
Good to know you won't be alone even if your husband can't drive. I love to drive, I'm just no good after a few hours, my eyes get heavy and womp :yawn:.
It's going to be just me and my daughter. Theirs no point in him coming down right now. He will stay and work if things get worse with her then he will come down.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Vangheluwec I recently drove 800 miles in one day 9 weeks post op. Worked two days & then drove back over 2 days. Just could not do it one day. So be prepared just in case you need to divide it into two days. You will not be much help if you get there & cannot walk.

It wasn't the actual sitting in car that got me but the added fatigue.
 
Thank you I have been looking at hotels in Nashville I will probably book one. My husband doesn't think it's a good idea to drive straight thru with my knee. He want me to at least be able to elevate it for the night. It's true I won't be much help if I can't walk. I know with driving straight thru when I was alone and only gas stops my ankle was as big as my calf. So I don't want that either.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Let us know the severity of the cancer. Hopefully it has been caught early. Cancer is such a wicked disease.
 
I know it's wicked I've lost 2 grand parents to it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am praying for your safe travels and your mother in law's complete recovery. How old is your daughter? We stop in Nashville when we travel to Arkansas to visit my husband's family. There are LOTS of hotels. I would suggest you stop on either side of Nashville - the traffic can be a bear in the mornings when you want to get back on the road.
 
My daughter is 5 (will be 6 at trip time) but has been doing long trips since she was 2 months old. She keeps herself occupied with her tablet or DVDs player and we grab maps at welcome center so she thinks she's helping. If I have to stop it will be after Nashville. I made the mistake of stoping before it once oh the am traffic was horrible.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
She is a wonderful age to keep you company and take a nap if she gets tired. We made that same mistake ONCE. it took us an hour to get out of Nashville!
 
I'm happy for the trip of just us. But sad the reason we are taking it. I prefer bigger city's at night. It took us about an hour to get thru it also. But I love driving they Kentucky and Tennessee.

Hope you are doing better today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So sorry to read about your MIL. I am glad to see you will stop and rest halfway through the trip. Wish the best for your MIL. You are wonderful to go and take care of her.
Prayers.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Beginning my recovery.
when will the red strips from the steri strips go away. I figured they would be gone after a day. Plus I got these little red bumps around the knee area which I usually never have.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your scar looks great! I had my surgery before you and my scar is still discolored with bruising. All the little entry points for the staples are still visible and parts of the scar is thickening and forming keloids...sigh....oh well I'm 59 so my modeling days are pretty much over. :loll:
 
Your incision looks wonderful! I didn't have steri-strips, so I can't answer that, but you should be happy with the rest of it.
 
So pt went good today. She had me lay on my stomach and stretched my leg a bit but not to where it was painful. I walked without my cane around pt. my extension has improved a lot still not a 0 but it's better we didn't measure it. Hope everyone has a great day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Walking without your cane is great? Were you a little uneasy doing it? In the house I don't mind, but when I get outside, it is comforting to have the cane "just in case".
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom