Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

I have a strange question, anybody know when its okay to get a pedicure. Yes sleep is much needed everyone. I have numbness to the side of the incision, I know this is from the nerves, will improve with healing. Hope you all have a good PT day.
 
Sounds like you are making excellent progress! I wore my FitBit Charge HR last night and after going to the bathroom FIVE times, it was hysterical to see the quality of sleep evaluation! :heehee::dead: Enjoy your day!
 
Oh a pedicure sounds amazing. I'm sure as soon as you can bend enough and the incision is healed you could. I'm wondering when it's safe to epilate my legs I hate having stubble after a day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Definitely had my leg down for to long it swollen up and my ankle is big and puffy. Icing and elevating hoping it goes down soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's amazing how it seems our knees keep dictating what needs to be done if we overdo anything.
 
So still swollen and a bit stiff today but that's probably due to grocery shopping. I had no choice but to do some walking at the store all the amigos were used up but my mom kept checking and was able to get one. My knee was very thankful for that. The pain is about a 3-4 tonight. My stomach is still very sensitive and I will throw up for no reason. My appetite is almost non existent I'm having to force myself to eat.

On the plus side I slept a whole 9 hours last night. I still didn't feel fully rested although I did feel a lot better and had a bit more energy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am sorry you are not feeling well. Is your pain med making you sick? Have you tried a probiotic to help your stomach? There is a great one, Florastor, that really helps. It is hard to eat when you get nauseous. I hope your pain goes down and you are able to get some rest tonight.
 
I haven't been taking any of the narcotic ones just some ibuprofen 800 the morning. I don't want to take pain meds right now just in case. I don't want to be throwing those up bMy stomach doesn't really hurt it just comes out of no where then I'm fine 5 min later. Then it happens again. I should try a probiotics that may be able to help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ibuprofen is a NSAID and they are very harsh on your stomach. They're not very good pain relievers either.

Have you asked your doctor about this vomiting?
 
I haven't talked to my doctor about it I will on the 11th. I'll try and get some Tylenol today if my stomachs not better. Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I still get waves of nausea at 11 weeks. Comes & go's for no reason.....it has something to do with nerve pain obviously. 10 minutes later I can be starving. Around 5 weeks the feeling of possible vomit went away.
 
I watched the clock like a hawk when it came to pain meds, even setting an alarm on my phone. I learned with the first TKR not to let the pain get ahead of me. I'm glad your new nurse is more compassionate. I'm usually a mild-mannered person, but when it came to those pain meds, I could get nasty! They weren't the ones suffering, after all!

My second TKR, done about 3 weeks ago, had no drain tubes. I asked for it and got it! I had no problems at all. I had 2 with my first TKR. It was the same doc too. He said he was starting to do more and more without the tubes.
 
Well I got the Tylenol so hopefully it will help if not then I'll just stick with the hydrocodon. So nice to have a day to relax


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So decided to start the pt 3x a week because she is very gentle with my knee. she doesn't force it just works it back and forth and holds to help the bend. The muster machine feels good and doesn't bother me it gives me the chance to try and push the bend just a little farther.

My thigh muscle still is not working so tomorrow she will be hooking me up to some electrode machine (or something like that) to make the muscle work. And working on massage. I'm getting worried because my knee will not go past 60 for flexion. She said I am not ready for a cane but hopefully next week we can start working on that.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom