TKR Becca's TKR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day two, full time back at work. :yes:

Better day because I was able to stay around my classroom. :) Only up and down the stairs once. I elevated and iced a good bit. Despite this, my knee/leg was still pretty (no, very!) tight. After school, I went to the gym and did 10 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the bike and some very light leg presses and stretches.

Tomorrow will not be good because we have training all day, here and there, up and down the stairs, back and forth across campus. I don't know how I will be able to ice or elevate but I will have to somehow. The elevator is broken. :sos: I have PT immediately after school. Going to be okay, I can do it. :umm:

Have a nice evening, everyone!
Becca
 
Becca

Yay! :yay: Better day!!! :yay: I am glad to hear that you had a better day today! :happydance: I knew you would. :SUNsmile:

Are you superwoman? I am not sure I would have been able to aerobic after being as tight as you describe. Maybe some simple stretches. I didn't PT today :no-fin: but that's just me. I had a walking day today. Up and down and up and down. :rolleyes:

I am so proud of you! You did it and even did aerobics and stretching too! I sure hope you are resting, icing and elevating. :umm:

Have an awesome night and I hope things go easier tomorrow than they did on Monday. :flwrysmile:
 
daughter stalker

Hi, Maria!

You bet! I am on my laptop here with my legs on multiple pillows, cryo cuff on my leg and watching Touched by an Angel. I have a sweet and wonderful doggie by my side and my dear husband is cleaning up after dinner. I guess it is a good day. :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:

How has your week been? Is it getting easier this week? Are you back full time? I was reading in your thread you are still having trouble sleeping. I hope you are able to get a good night's sleep tonight! :sleep: Some day, we will be over all this! I have faith that we will. Nite! :zzz:

Becca
 
Becca

I hope you are taking it easy today. I am thinking of you and hope things go smoothly. I hope they don't try to push you too much. Please don't let them. I hope you let them know that you need to ice and elevate.

I am not back full time. I will work 20 hours per week until I go back to the OS on August 28th. I don't think that I could work full time right now after the day I had yesterday. I woke in the middle of the night with pain and wanted to get up and take some pain medication. It was just a thought as I kept telling myself that I could find a position that would ease the pain without having to get out of bed. :rotfl: I was in the in-between sleep and wake when all this was going on. I knew if I had gotten up that there was going to be no way I was going to get right back to sleep. It worked, but I ended up tossing and turning. No really good sleep, but I have all day long today to rest. :yes!: Thanks for asking! :angel:

I hope you had a good day and can't wait to hear how your day went! :flwrysmile:
 
Just a quick note until I get settled in tonight. Had a good day today! In fact, my best day so far! :dancy: :flwrysmile: :happydance:
 
Hello becca,
Great report :) so happy you had a great day.....here's to continued success in your recovery :happydance:
Now, go ice & elevate :heehee:
Have a relaxing night,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Oh Becca,

That is awesome to hear you had the best day yet!!! :happydance: You will have many more good days! :egypdance: I am so happy for you! :dancy:

My day was lazy. :mcoffee: I handled a sticky work situation via phone. It will be resolved when I return. I also went to PT this afternoon. I really didn't feel like going. :groan: I reluctantly went anyway.:shrug: Yesterday just wore me out.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
daughter stalker

Maria, I really needed a good day! :) Of course, good is relative but I can tell things are slowly improving and there is room for improvement. My big concerns now are getting rid of my limp and going down stairs like a human being, not a robot.:rolleyes:

I am sorry you are tired but the smart thing to do is stay home. That was a good idea to take Wednesdays off to ease back into things! Wouldn't the work week be excellent if you could keep doing that?:heehee: I am sure whatever is going on at work can wait until you get back tomorrow. They must really be missing you! It is great to be needed, isn't it?

I know what you mean about not wanting to go to PT! I am pretty excited that my PT said we were winding things up. I am not sure how many more sessions that means because I was face down doing quad stretches with the dog leash-like strap. :loll: I don't go again until Monday. :yahoo:

I know you will have a great day tomorrow because you will be well-rested! I will be waiting to hear about it! You are a great supportive friend! :friends:

Becca :bicycle1: (One day very soon!)
 
new knee in June

Hi, Diana! Thank you so much for the well wishes! I am headed straight for the pillows and cyro cuff!

Are you a teacher, too?

Have a great night! I am sure to sleep well; I am so tired, I can't keep my eyes open now!

Becca
 
Hope you had a good day on Wednesday. To me, those meeting days are the worst: Give me students any day over in service. I agree with Maria: you must be wonderwoman. I don't think I would want to tackle PT after a full day of school. I had a full day, too, but out with a bunch of ladies from work. Just got home and am enjoying my quiet home and a nice cabernet. Hope you are resting, too. Have a good day tomorrow.
 
Becca

I sure wish I could keep working and skipping Wednesdays! :sigh: I think the work issue can wait until tomorrow. I dealt with it before my TKR. It is finally a problem 1 1/2 weeks after I return? :shrug: And to top it all, when I am not at work? :shocked: They had the Corrections Bureau Chief for Education in Tallahassee (Central Office) involved, for God's sake! :yikes: One more day won't hurt! :heehee: What did they want me to do? Go into work on my sick day off and take care of the problem? :rotfl: NOT!!!

I go back to PT on Friday. 3 days a week to keep me on track. :bicycle2: I will continue to go 3 days per week until August 28th when I go back to the OS for a follow-up.

I hope you have a wonderful evening! Get some sleep and we will do it over again tomorrow! :yes!:
 
Today is Friday and that makes a whole week at work for me! Of course, I haven't gone in yet today but I feel it will be even better. Knee is not so quick to get angry and swelling and stiffness are diminishing a little. I noticed that my scar is shrinking in length and is wrinkly, a sure sign swelling is lessening. Next major hurdle is making it all next week but with my students! I am quite nervous about how my knee will act. If this week's small improvements are any indication, I should be able to get through it. I will pray that I don't rejoin the ODIC on Monday. I am hopeful that I will not! :yes:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Becca
 
Becca

I hope all is well today. I haven't seen a post yet. Please let us know how your day went today. :beg:

Take care,
Ms. Grumpy As All Get Out (Maria) :heehee:
 
Dear becca,
Great job working 1 whole week ( full-time ) :dancy: next week you can get your students to walk the stairs
& hallways for you :heehee: I am sure you will be just fine.
Now, remember over the weekend....ice is our friend :ok:
Have a relaxing weekend :SUNsmile: you deserve it...
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
daughter stalker

Hi,

I did have a pretty good day. I was walking along with a fellow teacher today after a meeting and he asked me when I was going to have my knee surgery! :snork:

I had minimal discomfort. Elevated and iced for 30 minutes at noon. I am feeling okay still and hubby and I are going to the gym for a short while.

So, how was PT for you today? I haven't checked your thread yet! I am so glad to have the weekend to recuperate! i'll bet you are, too!

Becca
 
new knee in June

:thankyou:I really feel like it was an accomplishment! When I think back to June 3 (your date, too, I notice:SUNsmile: ) I know I have come a long way. Have a great evening!

Becca
 
Congrats on a successful first week. Do you feel ready for those students to walk in on Monday morning? I hope you left today prepared so you can relax this weekend. Make sure you take care over the weekend.

I spent some time today organizing and purging lots of outdated and duplicate material. It felt so good. Our class lists still aren't posted as kids keep coming or going, and we just added another 1st grade section--hired a new teacher on Tuesday. Poor guy will have to scramble to get ready.

Again, stay out of ODIC this weekend. I will be anxious to hear all about your first day back,
 
Ready

I am feeling very ready! I am excited about Monday. I think I will be okay because I have the world's greatest schedule and just because I am feeling so much stronger. :thumb: I teach 2 classes, am off for two classes, then have homeroom, lunch, and then three classes. Done by 2:32 p.m. (Not including normal teacher work outside school that I do at home of course: planning, grading, creating, etc.) Also, I really haven't been needing to ice or elevate that much. I am starting to almost feel like a normal person again.:SUNsmile:

I saw you have been staying busy and doing well this week! Yea! Are YOU ready for school? I have to say, it is nice to be able to think about something other than my knee now. It is almost like having a new hobby! :snork:

What are you doing this weekend? Hiking Mt. Everest, Wonder Woman? :loll:

Have a great day!
Becca
 
Greatings "normal person!" What a great report. I am so happy for you! You have inspired me and given me some encouragement going into the year. I love your analogy to having a new hobby. The knees certainly have a way with inserting themselves onto center stage. I think it is amazing that your first day was the toughest and it got easier after that. Your schedule does sound nice. That break is mid day will certainly help. My classes are all only 30 minutes long. I usually teach 6 in the morning and 4 after lunch, but this year I may be adding a 5th. One GREAT thing our district did with our elementary schools, we only have 2, is a 30 minute common prep time for the entire staff. That is when we do our PLC meetings, collab with special ed, etc....It is wonderful. The paras take the kids for that time and do snack time, character ed activities, read alouds, art and crafts and so on. These groups are multi-age and they stay with the same group and leader from grades 1-4. They become quite the little community. Anyway, I ramble.

No huge plans for the weekend. Mount Erverest will have to wait. I rode my bike for 45 minutes the other day and have been a bit swollen since, so I am laying off the exercise for a few days. I will putter in the yard, mow the lawn, spruce up. We host a family party next Sunday, so I would like to tackle small jobs each day instead of being a maniac the day before. My kids, when not at swimming practice, are hauling hay. I am NOT sorry to be missing that!

Enjoy your weekend. BTW, have you been sleeping well?
PJ
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom