TKR Becca's TKR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I am too pooped to post! About to fall into bed:zzz: :zzz: . Day was good, knee was better than last night's ODIC but not far from lower end of ODIC range. Please, take my card!!!! 'Nite.......zzzzzzzzz

Becca
 
Good morning Becca,

I hope all is well with you. I am sure you have been quite busy with the beginning of school and all. Just checking in and wanted to know that you were doing well.

Please update. We have been cutting up again! :heehee: Take care!
 
Good morning Becca,

I hope all is well with you. I am sure you have been quite busy with the beginning of school and all. Just checking in and wanted to know that you were doing well.

Please update. We have been cutting up again! :heehee: Take care!


Hi! You early bird, just like me! :)

I am happy to say the ODIC was because of the rowing machine, so I will avoid it for a while.:hairpulling: This sure is a learning process, isn't it?

School and life are keeping me hopping! I find after teaching all day, driving home in the traffic, exercising, cooking, eating and working a little on grading or preparing lessons, I fall into bed with no fun time! I am generally sleeping like a log and finally have been able to sleep a little on my sides.

Even though I graduated from PT about 2 weeks ago (and got the t-shirt...no, really they did give a t-shirt as my PT graduation present!):yes: , I went back on TH evening because of the trouble I have been having with my IT band. My PT, who is very good and knowledgeable and nice, worked on it for a good while and gave me some more stretches and insight/explanations into what is going on with it and why. So far, it seems a lot better as I have been avoiding doing the things that were making it worse. I won't bore with details but if anyone needs to know, I'll be glad to explain.:SUNsmile:

I find that I still have a little swelling on the left side of the knee. It doesn't go away, hasn't yet...anyway. After being on my feet in the mornings, (getting up, showering, eating, driving, and then teaching my morning classes...my quad and shin start to get uncomfortable. That is a lot of standing and walking. I can't figure out how to do less of it. So, then during prep time, I elevate and ice at least 30 minutes. That helps:) Then I have three back to back classes and pretty much am walking, standing the entire time. I might have a second here or there to sit. So, by the end of the day, my leg is tight, not so much really painful. And then, I get to descend the two flights of stairs. :doh: That's why when I get home, the first thing I do (after a wonderful greeting by hubby and doggies), is my exercises. Stretching seems to help with the tight feeling. Now, the tight feeling is NOT in the knee, not around the knee (The Clamp seems to have gone :dancy: ). The tight feeling is generally in the quad and shin area.

So, daughter stalker Bionic woman2 Ready new knee in June I am wondering if all of you or any of you experience anything similar?

I just love this forum and all the wonderful people on it. Don't know what I would have done without your support through this!

I have missed talking to you guys! I have some catching up to do! I hear there have been some shenanigans!:heehee:

Becca
 
Hi Becca,
I'm not new here had my first LTKP last year 10/03/12 and now my right on 9/3/3 feeling pretty good this time I at least new what to expect and everyone in here has good advice. This time though I had something unexpected happen , I was suppose to go home on Thursday but then could not get mt dain tube out so I had to go back into surgery on Friday and I was eventually sent home Friday night oh well! I'm doing okay the great people in here keep my spirits up. Just wanted to introduce myself and I hope you get through everything ok
Just me, Linda
 
Wow Becca! I'm about to bequeath my Bionic Woman title to you. I am not worthy. :bow: lol Sounds like you are hands down the ODIC card swiping queen. :bow: :bow: :bow:I know it's not on purpose, but out of the pure necessity of it all. Sometimes our card gets skimmed by crooks too! MmmHmm :yes:

However, I know what it's like to work in a school and I also know what's it's like to be the Energizer Bunny! :dancy: Once I'm there, I'm in and I work till I leave. As much as I can't wait to get back to my kids, I'm dreading the first week of adjustment.:scary:

I'm a para, but in Kindergarten it's all hands on deck and the kids are drawn to me (because I'm one of them.) :happydance: I hear my name more than the teacher's name and I respond like I'm in the trenches... because I am, but that's another story. :sos: Dear God, please help our children learn. Amen :angel:

I've finally been blessed to have a good Work-wife. :friends: We miss working together, so it will be nice to be with her as well once I'm back. Aaaah, but that's about 3 months from now. Before that I have another knee replacement to go. :scare:Yikes!

Okay, let me get off of here and out of this house for a little while. You missed a doozy last night.:rotfl: Thought we were gonna get kicked off the site.:yikes: Then someone referred me to another thread where even Josephine :no-fin: got in on the foolishness. :thankyou: So we're safe... So WATCH OUT! :egypdance:

Oh, to answer your question, I still have the tight band feeling in my knee and stiffness and swelling from doing too much, or too little. It's a careful juggling act for me. :shrug: One a bright note... while doing my stretching exercises, I sometimes use the band I use for heel slides to tie my knee in the bend position to hold the stretch. While I was posting, I totally forgot I did that and couldn't even feel any pain. it's been bend for a good 15-20 minutes. IT'S A MIRACLE!.. I'M HEALED!... HALLELUJAH! :happydance:
Wait, I hope I can get it unbent.:umm: lol

Have a Kneerific day! :flwrysmile:
 
Hello becca,
How are you, busy I see :) I still ice occasionally & today both my legs are tight :hissy: I feel much
Better when I am working ( I walk alot) I didn't work today, so I am tight from sitting around. At least that ripping Velcro
Feeling is gone :happydance: that was the worst. I find if I do my exercises & loosen up I am much better :dancy:
You are on your feet all day, using muscles that haven't been used in ages.
It will get better.....have a restful sunday :SUNsmile:
Adios Chica,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Redbird
I was eventually sent home Friday night oh well!

Hi, Redbird!

Nice to meet you! I see are from the sunshine state. We are neighbors, I am from Alabama - the "it rains and is cloudy every day" state. :doh: I am amazed you are coherent enough to write a post after leaving the hospital last night!:shocked: Amazing! Welcome to you again on knee #2! I hope you have an easy recovery and let us know if #2 is easier because you know what to expect.

I love your avatar! I am sure there is a story there!:snork:

Becca
 
@new
today both my legs are tight :hissy:

Diana,

Yikes!:yikes: My non TKR knee was hurting today and the new one was good. :rolleyes: I can't even bear to think about getting the other one done yet. :sos:

Yep, I should remember how much it hurt to walk at school before I had the operation. At least this situation is improving!:thumb:

Hope you enjoyed your Saturday! Mine wasn't restful but it was good and I am about to settle in and read.:yes:

Hasta pronto,
Becca
 
Bionic woman2

Oh my gosh! You are out-of-control! It is time out for you or the principal's office!:heehee: I can totally see you and your outgoing, warm and funny personality winning over the little ones. Don't you love it working with them? Kids are so funny. I entertain my DH every evening with the hilarious things they say. Their parents would absolutely die :rofsign: if they knew what their kids said! :rotfl: It is very entertaining when I do meet the parents during conferences, etc., because I know so much about them (too much!) Ha ha ha! I'll bet the little ones tell you everything, even more than my teenage students do!

I can see you baking wearing your cyro cuff. :loll: I also have been known to cook with my gel pack velcroed around my knee. It isn't a pretty picture, is it? The other day at school, I took my shoes off and wore my University of Arizona slippers. Yes, I took them earlier and left them in my room for just in case. And that day, I was so glad they were there. I couldn't believe not one student even batted an eye!

I am going to go check on your and D.S.'s thread to see what foolishness you two got into last night! Have a great Saturday evening! I wish I could say I was going to get some information tonight but there is no knowledge in sight! :snork:

Becca
 
Don't you love it working with them? Kids are so funny. I entertain my DH every evening with the hilarious things they say. Their parents would absolutely die :rofsign: if they knew what their kids said! :rotfl: It is very entertaining when I do meet the parents during conferences, etc., because I know so much about them (too much!) Ha ha ha! I'll bet the little ones tell you everything, even more than my teenage students do!
lol I do love them and the things they say are indeed "the darnedest." I share my stories with my boys as well. :rofsign:I can't wait to get new material.

I'm glad you whipped those slippers out. You just gave me an idea. I use to keep fuzzy socks under my desk, but I'm gonna go full slippers ahead now! Your students probably wished they could wear theirs. :beg: I have seen parents roll up in school in their slippers and PJ's as well (but that's another story.) As my coworker said, They would have to wheel him in STRAIGHT from the hospital WITH the hospital I.D. band still attached to his arm, so you would kKNOW, that he was sick and had no choice in the matter. :rotfl:

Heading back in the kitchen w/my cryo cuff to finish making dinner. I'm gonna attempt to make a Ginger Lemonade Daiquiri... we'll see. :martini:

Oh, our foolishness from the other night is on Knee Pain's thread. Check it out. :rofsign:
 
Hola becca,
How are you doing ? I give credit to anyone working full-time :) I hope all is well with your kiddies.
I hope your knee is behaving.
Hasta Luego,mi amigo, :friends:
All I remember from Spanish in school is "boca grande" :rotfl: I think the teacher was talking about me.
Take care,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ...carrying on.....
 
Hi Becca,

I hope you are having a great week! We girls have been a little silly recently. I am beginning to come down off some of my silliness as I will be going back full time on Monday.:tantrum: Beginning to be wayyy tooooo serious lately. I think I am scared and am running low on humor. :doh: Try not to be in ODIC. I know it is hard, but if you go there I will have to take your card away from you. :heehee:

Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi becca,
A story with my avatar, I just caught my crazy cat in the bathroom playing with the toilette paper she is not innocent by any means! :heehee: we have had her now going on five years and she brings us lots of enjoyment. I love animals! I think you do better with the 2nd knee because you know what to expect and you know what you need to do to get better. I think I'm doing okay not on any pain meds except aleeve but I do ice and elevate a lot :) hope you are doing ok we have family in Alabama so that's cool! Here hoping you have a good night.
Just me, Linda
 
Yes, good morning. I don't have time to post during the week, but hoping you are doing well. You are already a month into the school year!! Enjoy your weekend!
 
Hi everyone!

I feel so bad not being able to keep on here but I am missing you guys and thinking about you, your travails and your shenanigans (you know who you are!). Ready daughter stalker Bionic woman2 new knee in June

Also reading up on your posts whenever I get a sec!:flwrysmile:

I am over a month into the school year and while I will not say it is good yet, kneewise, it is getting better for me, little by little. Some days are better than others.:thumb:

Bionic woman2 I am thinking about you and your upcoming surgery#2 on Wednesday! I will keep you in my prayers and check on you to see how you are doing. The great thing this time is that you will know what to expect!

All of you, keep the ODIC card in the wallet, safely stored away! :heehee: Man, I hope to never use it again. Ha ha!

Take care and have a great week!
Becca
 
Thanks Becca. Prayer is definitely good. I always have a serious Come to Jesus moment just before I receive anesthesia. That's after I have the nurses in stitches while being prepped. :rotfl: Then they see the tears and they're like :shrug: and I'm like, it's time to commune.:angel: God obviously has a sense of humor though... he created me. :heehee:

Too late on the ODIC card, I whipped it out yesterday at a festival when they played on Salsa song too many.:happydance: I had on a seat-belt and everything, but somehow I ended up on my feet dancing for a few minutes.:egypdance: It got swiped again today in preparation for surgery. Sigh.... :doh:

Soon I will be on an All Expensive Not Yet Paid For Stay-cation! So i'll get plenty of rest. :zzz: I'm hoping to shut it down early on Tuesday so I can have a day to relax, eat, drink and be merry:martini: .

Have a good day at work tomorrow/today. :friends:
 
Hi everyone!

Wow! Every day is an experience! So, as you may know and have read in my travails, it has been a hard adjustment for me and my leg getting back to teaching because I have to walk and stand all day. :groan: Yesterday, I had "professional development" in an environment in which I had to sit all day long in a hard chair in front of a computer. That was horrible :hairpulling: and hard and worse than ANY day since I went back to work. It was tough on the IT band also. I was happy to get back to my classes today and had my best leg day so far. :happydance:That is the tough thing on this long road to recovery. One day you are up and the next day, the knee knocks you back down.:headbang::sos:

Becca
 
You have done so very well through this!!!! Keep on keeping on. The further out from the surgery date the better you will feel. Some days will be a challenge as you have describe. Hang in there!!!!

Best to you and "Roll Tide"...... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom