Guest viewing is limited

TKR Becca's TKR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it funny how doing things we think will be easy on the knee... end up being hard n it, :gaah: and makes us thankful for and appreciate the things we dread. :yes: Yuk Yuk God :angel: This recovery period is definitely a personal journey. Along the way we experience pain, gain wisdom and gather lots of information. :martini:

Glad you had a day doing what you were cut out to do. :happydance: The words "professional development" have the strangest effect on me. :eeeuw: I'd much rather do, than talk about doing it :egypdance: . Unless of course I'm actually being "developed, personally." :ok:

Hope tomorrow is kneeeasier on you. :friends:
 
Ready daughter stalker new knee in June amab Bionic woman2 50yrold

Hi everyone! Happy Halloween and Roll Tide! How are y'all? How are the knees? And life?

I am approaching the 5 month mark soon and can't believe it has gone so quickly. I have adjusted to standing and walking most of the day and the hardest thing is sitting for any length of time (not that I have to worry about it at work!:)) I still have issues with my IT band occasionally, particularly if I have to sit for too long. Stretching is something I do often and it helps with any muscle tightness I am experiencing. I don't believe I have any swelling (no log leg! :flwrysmile: ) and I haven't used ice in a long while.

Last weekend I went on a marathon shopping trip to Atlanta with my mom! I drove (about 3 hours) and we shopped all day, ate a late dinner and started again the next day, plus I drove back and the knee was fine. I guess it is used to "abuse" from me having to walk so much at work. :headbang: Of course, you can't teach sitting on your...chair.

Happy to note the scar is finally fading and almost disappearing in some pieces. Oh, and I am pleased to report that the stiffness is gone.

I am thinking about all of you! Have a great day!

Becca
 
YAY You! :yay: :yay: Your report is wonderful and so encouraging to us all. :happydance:You're my hero. :friends: I will be deferring to your expertise once I return to "the schoolhouse." If only it were just a "house" it would be a WHOLE LOT easier huh. :umm:

Good to hear from Becca. :flwrysmile:
 
Becca....wow! What a shopping trip! My wife would be envious...... :)

Heard about the rain in that part of the south, family mentioned it to us and I can see from the game in Troy, Al the rain has cut down on the crowd.

My ORS released me this past Monday for my RTKR. To see him in a year. My September TKR has been a bit easier than my February TKR. ROM is good, he cleared me to get back to biking outside, and my activities can be what I can tolerate. No need for any more PT. Just my regular exercises.

Your recovery has been super! Congratulations!

Roll Tide.......(off this weekend then LSU!)
 
Super report. I am so happy for you. Did you get some Christmas shopping done?
 
Becca....wow! What a shopping trip! My wife would be envious...... :)

Yes, just about any woman would be proud to have participated in this excursion! Such a sexist statement :heehee: but very true.


Heard about the rain in that part of the south, family mentioned it to us and I can see from the game in Troy, Al the rain has cut down on the crowd.

We are having a great fall weekend finally to make up for the rain! :happydance: Sunny and not too cool but mid 60ish. This is exciting news! Sad but true!

My ORS released me this past Monday for my RTKR. To see him in a year. My September TKR has been a bit easier than my February TKR. ROM is good, he cleared me to get back to biking outside, and my activities can be what I can tolerate. No need for any more PT. Just my regular exercises.

Yea! That is great news! Isn't it funny to not have to do all that PT? Now there is so much more time in your day! Have you tried out your bike yet with your new knee? :bicycle1:

Your recovery has been super! Congratulations!
Thank you! And the same to you! Enjoy the Tide-less weekend!
[Bonesmart.org] Becca's TKR Recovery


Roll Tide.......(off this weekend then LSU!)
Becca
 
Becca Thanks for the kind words. Haven't ridden the bike outdoors yet....had leaves to take care of today and tomorrow. Hope to get a short ride in Sunday.

Nice Roll Tide Print!

Best to you!
 
Hey Becca,

Sounds like you are doing fantastic! I'm glad to hear from you and know that you are great! Keep us updated when you can.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Nearly 6 months for you since your TKR! How goes it?

My Sept knee continues to get better; only an occasional night where the knee gets cranky..... Like last night.... :umm: Have been on a road trip this week, my knee did great at the Jack Daniels distillery!

Big game tomorrow....while not at the Alabama-Auburn game we'll be "tailgating" with family and friends in our family's back yard.....mixed company with Tiger fans/family also joining in on the fun.......

Hope Thanksgiving was a success for you!

Take care and "Roll Tide"!!!
 
Have been on a road trip this week, my knee did great at the Jack Daniels distillery!
Now that is my kind of road trip!

Big game tomorrow....
It is not the Iron Bowl for me---it is OSU/Michigan. The governor of Ohio banned the letter "M" for the week in Ohio!
 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

:mer xm:
 
:mer xm::merry xmas:

@amab Hi! Merry Christmas to you and your family! How goes the September knee? I will have to consult you next time I plan a trip! Jack Daniels Distillery, indeed!


@daughter stalker @new knee in June @Ready @50yrold @Bionic woman2 @Josephine

How in the world have y'all been? And the new knees? I recently celebrated my 6 month kneeniversary. I wanted to thank you all or the support and words of wisdom during my long and miserable recuperation this summer. I really needed it! :xmas-win::reindeer:

I couldn't have done it without you! @Josephine and all moderates and bonesmarties: This forum is a godsend to us and I so appreciate the time and energy you put into it! Have a warm and blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!:xmas-tree:
 
Hola Becca,
How are you ? Good I hope, are you on Winter Vacation ? If so, enjoy the time off from work:)
I hope you had a :mer xm: I will be 7 months on Jan. 3 I am doing well. I actually "RAN"
Up my backyard chasing our new:puppysmooze: I haven't ran in 12 yrs.:dancy:I can only get better in the New Year:egypdance:
Here's to a healthy, prosperous 2014.....There's a party in the Social room for New Years:martini:I hope
To see you there:friends:
Diana:reindeer::xmas-kitty:
 
happy knee anniversary!:ereindeer:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Becca's TKR Recovery
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Becca's TKR Recovery
bottomshollow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom