TKR Becca's TKR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear becca,
Maybe I can have a conversation with you :heehee: d.s. & b.w2 have seriously lost it, somebody let the loonies
Out of the bin. They are being spotted out & about in depends :rotfl: shopping for large purses :shrug:
I wanted to wish you a happy Labor Day off from school ( 4 day work week ) :yahoo:
You are doing great with going back to work, you give me inspiration.......
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June

Hi Diana!

Ha ha! Those two are quite a pair! I hope I see them when I am In my retail therapy this weekend. I, however, will have a small purse! :heehee: I am looking forward to that extra day a lot even though I have seen progress every day this week. The Clamp has not made a reappearance. Dare I hope he is gone for good?

How are you doing? Do you have plans for this weekend? I won't be throwing any large parties or BBQs but we are going out with family. No mess, no fuss!

Have you noticed now that you have had surgery people are coming out of the woodworks with knee problems? I have 2 acquaintances this week alone who also had a TKR. They all ask for advice and the dreaded question, "How was it?". Ha ha ha ha ha! I hate to lie :headbang: but I also don't think they really want to hear the truth. :doh:

Well, Diana, it is bedtime for this early bird! I hope you have sweet dreams or as the Spanish teacher in me wants to say, "Que duermas con los angelitos!" :angel:

Becca
 
Josephine

Hi,

Sorry for tagging but I don't get a lot of activity here. I am in week 12 of recovery. I am wondering how long it is normal or even safe to use OTC Tylenol, following directions. Although my recovery is progressing along steadily, I still feel the need to take Extra Strength Tylenol, no more than 6xday. I take a 15 mg. mobic every day as well. Is it okay to keep taking the OTC Tylenol a little while longer?

Thank you,
Becca
 
I know people who've taken it for years! It's really a very safe drug provided you stick within the recommended levels which is, as you know, 4,000mg per 24hrs.
 
Oh, that is good to hear! I won't try stopping it again yet. I did today, and was surprised at how much it had been helping! :thankyou: Becca
 
:dancy: Good morning becca,
My plans for the weekend are to work today ( Sunday ) I have tomorrow off ( with pay ) :happydance:
The best part of my weekend is that my husband & daughter are going down cape cod ma. Until Wednesday :egypdance:
I love my husband to death....but he is a kicker & moves around constantly while sleeping :hissy: he also hogs the " clicker "
& I never get to watch what I want :tantrum:
I am a person who enjoys my time alone....they are coming home Tuesday & going back until friday.
I will be staying home with my son & daughter....we all have to work....they are never home.....19 & 22 with
Boyfriends & girlfriends.
So, here's to enjoying my time alone :egypdance: no cooking for 1 week....& most important...alone time!!!!!!
Have a great weekend & enjoy your x- tra day off,
Adios,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June

I know what you mean, Diana. First of all, my DH is retired, so I am almost NEVER at home alone. The occasions I am are very few and far between. He went to look at some out-of-state hunting property and wasn't home Thursday night. It was very luxurious for me after my day at school: no cooking, reading quietly, watching MY shows. He got back Friday evening and by then I was glad to have him back hogging the remote and watching football. :snork: And, even though we have 3 dogs and live in a nice neighborhood, I never sleep well when he isn't home. :rolleyes:

Enjoy YOUR day tomorrow! :flwrysmile: :sleep: :bicycle1: :martini:
 
Becca Seems like a long time since I visited your thread. It was fun to catch up and read all the goofy posts. You seem to be doing well. Have a good week at school, glad it's only 4 days!
 
Ready

Happy Labor Day! (?) :) You have a great 4 day week also. Isn't it your first week with kids? I know you will do great! I'll be checking on your tomorrow evening! I know you have to be active as a PE teacher and I am surprised at how much I am on my feet walking in my room. I don't know how many miles a day I log, but it is a lot and much more than I remembered. :yikes: I find it very difficult to do anything without being on my feet!

daughter stalker Ready Bionic woman2 and everyone else? Do y'all still ice and elevate? Or all you so over that?:snork: For me it depends on the kind of knee day I am having. Some days, ice and elevation seem to be needed a lot, other days it is not so necessary. Today, I haven't done either without any negative effects and still feel pretty good. (First time.) I have exercised, shopped, ate out, cooked, washed clothes, etc., etc. I even got up early 5:30 (for a holiday) and am at bedtime now.:zzz:

Talk to y'all soon! Sleep well! :sleep:
Becca
 
Becca I ice and elevate at least 2 times per day. I am glad you have been able to do so much without. I wish I could go without ice and elevation.

Good night Becca! Sleep well! :sleep:
 
yep, I still ice. I go to bed with one on each knee, and occasionally during the day, usually when I'm in the ODIC. I am glad you asked about the Tylenol. I have been trying to do without, but think I will be more regular. It sure helps.

The kids come tomorrow! I went to school today and opened up the north doors and let the cool 65 degree air rush in. It was 90+ all last week. By the time I left, I was actually chilly. Half of the posters on the walls had fallen down because of the humidity, so I made lots of tape balls.

I had my cup of sleepy time tea and am hoping to get to sleep at a reasonable time. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks. Have a great week.
 
Hey, Becca, unfortunately and fortunately, I'm still icing and elevating. I ice much more than I elevate and absolutely HAVE TO do both first thing after waking up. :/

The kids come tomorrow! I went to school today and opened up the north doors and let the cool 65 degree air rush in. It was 90+ all last week. By the time I left, I was actually chilly. Half of the posters on the walls had fallen down because of the humidity, so I made lots of tape balls.
Hope you're enjoying the kiddies and they are not too much today. :happydance:I know about the joys of finding creative ways to keep the posters on the wall. :umm:

I'm mutli-posting right now, so Becca you got another one coming in a minute. lol
 
Becca I ice and elevate at least 2 times per day. I am glad you have been able to do so much without. I wish I could go without ice and elevation.

Good night Becca! Sleep well! :sleep:


No, no! I still do. I just didn't have to on Monday for some reason. :) Today, however, I will be doing both as soon as I exercise. So much moving around at school.
 
Yikes, I can only imagine, :yikes: after trying to attend my son's curriculum night and growing faint just at the SIGHT of the hall, I feel your pain. Just thinking about walking through the school on a day to day basis pains me. :groan:
Dear God, once I go back to work, I'm gonna need meds and information when I get home. Amen :angel: lol
 
Maybe I can have a conversation with you :heehee: d.s. & b.w2 have seriously lost it, somebody let the loonies Out of the bin. They are being spotted out & about in depends :rotfl: shopping for large purses :shrug:
Hey new knee in June, Don't hate... Celebrate! (insanity :spin: ) DS and I have room in our purse for a spare depends if you need one. :rofsign:You know you have a ODIC card tucked away somewhere. :heehee: Come on, admitting it is the first step. MmmHmm, :yes: Becca has one toooo! :tantrum:

I've actually put mine away for at least the next week. I'll need it just before surgery when I make my last elaborate meal and gourmet cake for my kids, before I'm immobile again. :thud: Not looking forward to that!:no-fin:

Can't promise you anything about he depends though. Gonna need those because of all the crazy comedians on here, have you read some of the things they post? :loll: Posters like daughter stalker, Jsankowski, Becca, Knee pain, Who else? Hmmm... :umm:
 
Wow! Today wasn't too bad at school. In fact, it was the least bad (so far) day I have had. Does that sound too bad - the least bad day? You know what I mean. I got home and did my exercises, a little bicycle and rowing machine and then bam! Swollen leg! So, ladies, that is what I get for bragging about not icing yesterday! So I am about to elevate and ice until bedtime. :headbang: Bionic woman2, please take my card! :groan:
I didn't even have fun! No fair. :gaah:

Becca
 
Becca your day sounded great right up until the time you came home. :doh: Maybe you should tone down the exercise some. :scratch:
I hope your knee calms down soon and you get some good rest tonight. :flwrysmile:

I've been doing crazy things too lately. I'm not re-posting, but it is on my thread. God was looking out for this fool last night. :yes:

Bionic woman2 we need to put Becca's card out of her reach. :heehee:
 
Seeee new knee in June, I told you she had an ODIC card! lol Becca, GIVE ME THAT CARD!:tantrum: I'll tuck it safely away with mine. I've been being extra careful today. I was in the kitchen making dinner and my knee started to hurt. I immediately went and got my cryo machine. I strapped that baby to my leg and finished dinner... No pain no pain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom