Guest viewing is limited

TKR Becca's TKR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready
Morning Becca Hey, sore muscles but not sore knees!
That is exactly what my PT would say! :giggle: It is true but meanwhile, I can barely walk...working on stretching today.:umm: My "bad" knee has become my "good" knee overnight.

That means I might need to teach that class during my prep :yikes: . Not sure I am up to 11 sections with only a 30 minute lunch and a 10 minute potty break, even with 2 new knees.

Yikes! I will never complain about my schedule again. I have 5 classes, lunch and 2 prep periods. Bless you!

I hope you squeeze every minute out of these next few days before you officially begin.

Thank you, you too. I know you are. I am trying! :)


I keep saying, "routine is good," but secretly, I have liked pretending I am retired.

My husband is retired, so I know how that feeling is. Really, though, I think I will be glad to get back to work and have less time to worry about my right knee.

I had thought I would get my other knee done in November this year (hahahahahahahahahahahaha!). Now that I know what I know, I am hoping to make it last much longer... :angel: Please! I can't imagine going through this again so soon!

Well, great to hear from you and get your upbeat update! Enjoy your last few days of "pretend" retirement! :rotfl:
Take care!
Becca
 
Happy Friday Becca Just wondering how you are doing and how you will spend your weekend: resting before your first day back to work, or going like gang-busters to finish projects and visiting the ODIC? Hope you find a balance.

Been in the water lately? How long did it take you to recover from being a mermaid last weekend? My daughter asks me every day if I want go swimming. I can't get myself to go into the lake. It has been so cool that the water has cooled off so much. I am the biggest cold water wimp ever! She starts swimming practice on Monday, so she swims laps every a.m. and p.m. in the lake. I think she is part polar bear.

Enjoy your weekend.
PJ
 
Ready
daughter stalker
50yrold

Hi, guys!

It has been a big weekend for us (me, the knee, my hubby :) ). My dad flew in from Tucson, land of sunshine, to stay with us and visit, attend our family reunion, and do some visiting with other relatives around the area. Of course we have been thrilled to see him and have enjoyed his visit but I have been pushing the limits and skating around a one day membership in the ODIC, especially yesterday.

I was concerned, because, if I haven't mentioned it 200 times yet :snork:, I go back to work tomorrow, full time. We won't have our students until the 19th which is a bit of a reprieve so I can "ease" back into the world of work. I am a little scared.:yikes: Tomorrow makes 10 weeks since the surgery, so I feel reasonably secure I am at a point where I can (should be able to) tolerate a full day. I have a couple of pillows in an extra chair, ice packs in the freezer, a towel, and guess I am as ready as I can be. We'll have lots of helpful meetings :doh:and PD and some time to do actual work this week.:heehee:

Ready, I haven't been swimming since Thursday but I will be going this afternoon after church. I can't wait! I have been doing all my other stretches here at home, and the bike. Today, first, I am going to do a little cardio, then some stretching, then the pool. I know today isn't the day for me to turn into a professional athlete:rotfl: so I will be careful. I have PT tomorrow after work at 4 p.m. and I am not sure if that is wonderful or horrible.

Please say a prayer or positive thought for me for my first day. I promise to check in before bed tomorrow!
Becca
 
Dear Becca,

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit and a full weekend. It really sounds like you had fun. :SUNsmile:

You have been a wonderful friend and have helped me tremendously. :friends: I so know how you must feel and know this too will pass. It is scary going back to work:yikes: but you helped reassure me that everything would be fine and it was. :kittykiss: I know you can do it! :) It sounds like you are prepared and have all that you need for your return. If things don't go well you can always take a day and rest. I am here for you. I am willing to listen and cheer you on like you did for me. I will say a prayer and have positive thoughts for you for your return to work tomorrow. :angel: I fell confident that you are ready and will be just fine.

Enjoy your swim today after your exercises. I enjoyed my swim yesterday after doing cardio and am planning on going swimming again today. It is good that you are going to PT right after being at work. I also went to PT right after my first day back and she reassured me that all was great. I thought she was going to tell me that I over did it.

I can't wait to hear how your first day back went. :SUNsmile:

Have a wonderful day today! :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning becca,
Good luck tomorrow :) getting back into the ( real world ) is a great part of this journey.
Take it slow & do something enjoyable today.
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Oops! It makes ten weeks tomorrow since my surgery, not eleven! I was thinking something was wrong with that post. Thank you everyone for the great wishes! I hope to sleep well. I am nervous!:rolleyes:
 
Best of luck on returning to work!
 
Becca, Wishing you a Wonderful day tomorrow as you return to work! I will be praying for you!
Hugs,
Harplayer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
Becca Good luck friend. I will be thinking of you. You seem prepared, even if you are a little nervous. Just remember not to let everyone think you are 100% yet.

Sounds like you had a great weekend with your dad. Did you host the reunion? As we get older, blood sure becomes thicker. I appreciate my family so much more now than 30 years ago.

Hey, I finally got in the lake for a swim. I just kicked around, but can flutter kick on my front and back and can do a whip kick. Of course, I should have gone for 10 minutes but it was closer to 20. Then I laid in the sun and let the warmth sooth me. Now that summer is almost over, I may get back into the habit of getting in each day.

I will be anxious to hear how your first day goes. Hope you sleep well.
PJ
 
Hi everyone,
I started off on the right foot today with a wonderful night's sleep and it was downhill from there. :groan: I made it through the day but it wasn't pretty:rolleyes: and I was glad I had PT scheduled at 4 p.m. I did a lot of walking across our big campus and up and down stairs, sat in the bleachers for 45 minutes and then for 2 hours in a meeting in our theater (movie style seats). More stairs and then I was already a goner by 11:30. Couldn't go out to eat with everyone because I didn't want to go down the stairs again (or around the world to the elevator). I tried to elevate and ice but I was far gone into the ODIC by that time, so it didn't seem to help much (actually, not at all :shocked: ). This weekend and all its extra activity left me a little overdone but today pushed me over the edge.:headbang: There was no way around avoiding any of it, so I must soldier on and hope (know?) that things will be getting better. They will get better, won't they? I am so tired of this! Stupid knee! I am going to ice and elevate and go to bed early. Hope everyone has had a great day!

Becca
 
Becca

Oh no...:cry: I am sorry to hear that your day was so taxing. ODIC...well we all do it. :headbang: You sure did quite a bit today. :sos: Wow! I don't know if I could handle all that you did today. You are quite a trouper. You are never too far gone to ice and elevate. It helps even if it is a little bit. :sad:

:heehee: Dr. Daughter Stalker suggests that you rest, ice and elevate tonight. :console2: What did the PT say when they saw your knee? Join the club on wishing that the new shiny knee would get better FAST, PRONTO, NOW!

You've broken the ice...it should get better. :yes: If it doesn't then take a day to rest for yourself. I did last week. It make a world of difference.

Get some rest. Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Hello becca,
My, what a day you've had :tantrum: could you possibly bring a cane to work ? It really helps take the pressure
Off your knee. Please stay out of o.d.i.c :no-fin: it's such a hard club to get out of.
If you need a day of please take it....you don't want to set yourself back.
Pray it get's easier for you..
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
:sad: Oh, shucks! I was hoping to hear a glowing report. Hope tomorrow is better. Perhaps not so many crazy meetings. Get some sleep tonight and keep your chin up!
 
Oh Becca!

I just retired from teaching...36 years of opening days for the school year....those days may be without students but they are so taxing! I am in awe of you returning to work! Please be careful tomorrow...I will be praying for you! May you have good rest tonight!
Sending you hugs!
Harplayer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
daughter stalker
Good morning, fellow early bird! Thank you! I am going to try and stay in my room. :angel: I know tomorrow will be another day of activity, so hopefully I can recuperate! I am going in with a positive attitude...I think. I will check in this evening...gotta finish my coffee! Have a great day, Maria!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom