Guest viewing is limited

BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

Thanks @SaraK and @Layla
Lots of people stepping up ahead of me but I am so happy they are getting their surgeries. I know my time will come when it is supposed to and this is just one of those character building situations I seem to need every once in a while.
The latest is my DH is ill fever, chills, but no cough, congestion. So I'm trying to supportively avoid him!
Sleeping downstairs.
 
Tell him he can be supportively ill by staying away from you! You need to be ready to go whenever they call! Head to the drug store and buy some surgical-type masks for both of you as well as a gallon of Lysol and another of hand sanitizer!
 
You are so gracious, BeBe. You have tons of support in the Bonesmart community.
Hope you have a Good Day!
 
So much for the "waitlist"... My new date is March 23.

There is a new scheduler and she explained they usually only move people ahead when there has been a cancellation and the replacement people have already been cleared for surgery.
Well I have been "cleared" but if my surgery is past the 30 days out from the original labwork date (Jan 26) I will need bloods drawn again. And need medical clearance again.

Since this is not my first rodeo, I asked to have blood drawn "early" around end of Feb? so I could avoid the possibility of another cancellation due to needing to repeat the odd labs. This is apparently something I cannot just schedule (must be done at the surgi-center) and I will be sent confirmation in the mail. Mail?
Meanwhile I would love a few weeks of Aleve to help me get to the March 23 date; but how do I do that if I need to be off NSAIDS for 2 weeks prior to surgery and they randomly call with a cancellation.

I'm crabby about this situation.

See this is why I need character building.
 
I'd be crabby to, BeBe. It's maddening :tantrum2:
Frustrating :hairpulling:
BS :tantrum: and that doesn't stand for BoneSmart.
And you're in pain :gaah:
You don't need character building.....you just need a new hip!

Praying for your comfort :console2:
@BeBe
 
Well @BeBe, I guess if you need character building you have been put in the situation for it. I had appointments mailed to me after we scheduled them over the phone.

Don’t blame you for wanting them scheduled as soon as possible.

At least you now have a new date.
 
Aleve. New Hip.
Pick number 2.
You have put up with so much...just be patient a little bit longer.
Yay for date...pray they call you Monday with a "come on in"
Wishing you peace this weekend, BeBe:angel:
 
Oh @BeBe I'm sorry you keep getting the runaround, it's not fair when you're in pain. But I'm glad you've finally got it booked, and, I have it on excellent authority, March 23 is a particularly auspicious day for right hips :wink: :yes!::flwrysmile:
 
Hi @BeBe
Hope you're hanging in there and had a nice weekend.
Wish I could move time forward for you.
I can imagine your frustration. It doesn't feel fair...
Hugs and best wishes for a good week!
 
When I say I am going into quarantine I mean it and fortunately the house is set up well so we don't have to cross paths. I will retire to my chambers before he gets home from work. He works late so doesn't eat with us. He is already that germaphobe who wipes and covers. So he will have kitchen duty after he eats supper. But I will run into the office and get a box of masks and gloves. And extra Lysol.
The bad part is everyone else you cross paths with. I am now a recluse. And when I go out I will be wearing a mask

@BeBe when I had my surgery on January 17, our hospital was OVERRUN with flu cases. They put three cases on surgical floor!! I laid awake and listened to one poor guy cough alllllll night long. Take care.
 
I'm hanging in, moving pretty slow. I've come up with a couple extra work projects to get out of the way before my new date. Since I am pushed into spring for recovery I need to set up a few things now.

Only issue is I am pretty uncomfortable and that is very distracting in regards to actually accomplishing anything. Like I said, moving slow, and not really tolerating the nsaids or other pain meds.

It's nice to come on here and have a few "like bodied" comrades who know what it's like :friends:
 
That "pretty uncomfortable" can be pretty miserable. So sorry but try to eat well, keep your immune system cranking, distract yourself with maybe working on upper body strength. Some light hand weights (or soup cans) and try to get any sleep you can.
Hope you have a peaceful week.
 
Oh @BeBe, I so feel for you these last few weeks. You have been through so much to get to this surgery. Meds really do little for bone on bone. Do what you can is short bursts. Mojo333 has given good advice in terms of eating right.
 
@BeBe .....my calendar says 5wks and 3 days till the pain stops......hang in there (I find it encouraging to cross the days off, like we did at school!....especially if you forget then have a whole bunch to do), and as well as eating right, do a little eating wrong.....I hear icecream and chocolate can divert the mind :wink::wowspring::wowspring:
 
Since I have gained 12 # since Oct you all can be rest assured I am eating well.
The only thing I want as much as new hips is a waist that is smaller than hips...
 
Hi BeBe,
Hope you're doing okay and not in loads of pain.
I feel like you're in jail over on this side. I can't wait until you're on the recovery side.
I realize you can't either. I hope your weekend was enjoyable.
Wishing you a peaceful week!
@BeBe
 
Immune boosting foods....veggies and fruits. Lots of Vitamin C and D.
Give your body the stuff it needs to heal properly and ward off illness and infection.
Then...dark chocolate!
 
Hi @BeBe
Just want to wish you a good day!
Hope you're comfortable and not struggling miserably.
Can't wait till you're over on the recovery side.
Prayers for strength and peace as you wait....
 
Thanks @Layla ! I'm doing ok, but laying a little low today as I was hustling around yesterday. Well guess I'm not hustling but just trying to get a bunch of stuff done and then the not much sleep at night. Gotta pace myself...

You know if I'm going to feel this wiped out I should at least have the benefit of having surgery first!!!:bored:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom