Guest viewing is limited

BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

Just feel like sending you some love today :loveshwr:
How about a hug too :friends:
I can't disappear without leaving you a flower :flwrysmile:
You're loved! @BeBe
 
How are things going @BeBe ? If I can't wait for you to get this all taken care of, I can only try to imagine what it was like for @mcopt and now you. Quit messing around and get it done!
 
@Layla @SaraK @anny
My computer and iPad are dicey lately and I am unable to use - I have to sort that out today
WiFi issue probably - or I just wore out the iPad on BS ;)
so am using my phone which looks and functions quite different with the BS app
Anyway I am still the same or not really if you count leaving a burner on the stove lit all day yesterday ( where are the smilies here?) on the phone idiot
Went grocery shopping and totally screwed up paying with my debit card to the annoyance of 7 people behind me...why go at 5:35pm?!? Why go at all?!? Something I have done millions of times and still this am makes me see red- probably have nightmares

Everything takes me 200 times longer to do and it seems I have no brain and honestly why does my ENTIRE body ache if it’s just my hips!
Yes I know fibro

Yes I am back at 2 Aleve per day so I can walk (if you call it that) More just makes my stomach burn now



This is my brain on pain...
I am crabby and apparently stupid
I am going to call the OS scheduler and whine - you know squeaky wheel and all
Can’t do this another month

Do you sent this post off with the paper airplane?
 
Aww, BeBe.....you don't know how my heart goes out to you.:console2:
I'm sorry you're suffering and want this over for you...so you can get on with life!
It has to be difficult watching so many move forward. I would imagine you feel stuck.
You continue to graciously provide support to others and make us smile with your posts.
You're day is coming and your cheering squad is growing. It's going to be good, just hang on a little longer...
Big hugs to you!
@BeBe
 
@Layla Thanks so much for your continued support. I know you and everyone else here "gets it"
I honestly try to take things as they come but lately its been a bit uphill -
and we all know uphill is just a bit tough on these hips!
off to call OS
 
You can whine and (to borrow a word from the Brits on here) whinge on here all you want! We can't wait for you to finally get it done. Yes, the pain does affect everything! I think we spend so much mental energy and capacity before the surgery trying to shut out the pain that it affects the ability to be "present." Go bug the OS and threaten to camp out in the office 24/7 until they get a new date set and put you at the top of the list!
 
Hi @BeBe totally understand how you feel being 3 weeks out of my first and just gone back to work even having just one done I feel so much better its all recent enough to compare I had that brain fog peopke said I looked grey now peopke are so impressed as to how much better I seem and thats with just one done. I am afraid unless you have been through this yourself you can't appreciate how the pain just eats into you try and be patient in a few weeks things will be turning around for you honest :SUNsmile: Thanks for your post on my thread will respond a bit later
 
Hi @LauraVall Welcome to BoneSmart! An unlikely group of personalities who become fast friends all
joined at the hip so to speak!

I just had the call back
No new date for me

I could tell the scheduler was not happy but she is new? Kind of all business... I think maybe I wont be the first person to call and plead for a bump up the calendar. Guess I gave her some practice.

You all just have to put up with my brainlessness and remind me to check the burners!
 
@BeBe sorry you're doing it so tough, I have my fingers crossed for you that they can move you forward..... four weeks and 2 days is four weeks too long to wait when you're feeling that bad :sad::fingersx:
 
@anny
Thanks! you and I will go down the gurney path together! It will be change of season when we go in for new hips.
 
Oh bummer.....can you try calling again at a different time and see if you can get a different scheduler? Or would your primary doctor put in a plea for a nearer date? Make sure you take any help on offer, and if it isn't on offer ask for it! Take care of yourself.....and keep whinging to us, we all do it :heehee:
 
Thanks for the welcome @BeBe - I've been a bit of a stalker but thought I should come out and join the cool other hipsters.

I'm in 3 pound limbo. Gotta get rid of those 3 so I can get scheduled (although I doubt I'll be doing the limbo any time soon). Sooo close and sooo tired of the pain. 74 down and more to come!!
 
@LauraVall
Nothing wrong with hanging out and gathering info along the way.
I get the pounds thing. Way to go for you, 74 down, what an achievement!!

Would you say it has helped with your pain or mobility levels?
My brother lost around 50 before he had his knee surgery and felt it helped
one knee but he did do the replacement on the worse knee. He has now kept off
the weight and is doing good two years on both knees.
 
Ask to be put on the cancellation list. I know it’s using some one else’s misfortune but there are always people having their operations cancelled for one reason or other. (As you’ve experienced yourself).
 
I don't think the weight loss has helped the hip mobility much. The knee has been a long standing issue and I can say that the knee has much fewer flares with the weight loss. The hip is sooooooo bad, years of treating low back which did exist (herniation sitting on sciatic nerve), but never looked at the hip until I'd had a car crash and nothing was helping. Xray showed that the left hip ball was flat on top and not round. Hmmm, that's for sure what's causing a ton of pain in that general area!! @BeBe
 
Yep I was put on the cancellation list but the way they work it, they just call the next person in line. If that person refuses then they move to the next person and so forth, so at best I might get the 19th instead of the 23rd. My OS only does hips on Mondays and Fridays.
I could have done the 19th initially but asked for a Friday because of my husbands work schedule. He is off Fridays. He has to reschedule patients and staff also and has already done that twice regarding my surgery.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom