BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

@BeBe carrying on from my reply on my thread . I am paranoid now about picking up anything again I am taking vit C and zinc and a probiotic trying to eat as healthy as possible also using a nasal spray that is supposed to stop viruses getting into your system may work my pharmacist said couldn't guarantee but worth a try it's called Vicks first defence the flu is such a big concern here in the UK also worried that my OS could go down with it. Really becoming paranoid now just want to get this done now. I am glad you feel Superpath is the way to go logically it does seem the way to do it I think in the future it will be the approach of choice we need to start our own Superpath club with @SaraK and others who have gone down that route.
 
@mcopt
I am also paranoid and do all of the vitamin support etc to keep from a last minute illness. I will check out the Vicks First Defense too!
However my son, who lives here part time for work and NYC with girlfriend on weekends, informed me last night he is having an IBS flair and his girlfriend went to urgent care yesterday and they tested and she has the flu. He went in to spend the weekend with her and will be back here Sunday night. Hopefully she is on Tamiflu to help shorten the duration but never-the-less, I will be quarantining myself when he is around, for the next three weeks. We have had quite a bad outbreak of verified flu this year here where I live, that is apparently a different strain from what the vaccine was made to alleviate. Son's girlfriend got the vaccine in late Sept.
No way can we have another postponement! Off to buy Lysol.
 
@BeBe I don't want this to sound cruel but can your son spend his time with his girlfriend until you get this op behind you. Having him come back to you after direct exposure to the flu is very risky!
 
If you can’t keep him out, I would at least get masks and make him wear one as well as you. The flu and other stuff going around thi year is bad.
 
A hotel room for him or him staying with a friend might not be a bad idea!
 
Best of luck to you @BeBe
It sounds risky. Sometimes unavoidable though.
Load up on Lysol disinfectant wipes and lay down the law re: frequent hand washing.
Then cross your fingers :fingersx: or pray :prayer:
A great Sunday to you!
 
Last edited:
When I say I am going into quarantine I mean it and fortunately the house is set up well so we don't have to cross paths. I will retire to my chambers before he gets home from work. He works late so doesn't eat with us. He is already that germaphobe who wipes and covers. So he will have kitchen duty after he eats supper. But I will run into the office and get a box of masks and gloves. And extra Lysol.
The bad part is everyone else you cross paths with. I am now a recluse. And when I go out I will be wearing a mask
 
What a dilemma but the most important thing is that you don't get ill at least you are aware of the situation and can act accordingly. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my patients over the next 2 weeks run up to op as I had planned to keep working until the Friday of the week before my op it is so difficult to know best thing to do after all this my OS could go down with the flu.
 
Masks, hand sanitizer/gloves, no touching your face, hugging, kissing, eating sushi,
Stay away from children!
My husband sees patients too but uses mask and gloves, however I am going to move into the
Post op bedroom ;)
 
I must admit @mcopt, with all of my preparations, getting sick had not entered my mind. While your delays due to illness have been very frustrating to you, you are causing me to take extra precautions. A lot of people where I work come to work when they shouldn’t. Will be sticking to office as much as possible.
 
My DH and I already avoid touching doors or handles or handrails. We use the wipes on the shopping cart handles. I wash my hands in a public lavatory and keep the paper towel for opening the door. :scary:I'm getting worried about getting sick at the 'wrong time'. :mcoffee:Maybe I can stay home and spray DH with disinfectant at the door when he comes home from work?:kickedout: (I'm frequently sarcastic. But I'm very serious about avoiding germs and avoiding getting :fingersx: sick)
 
Just a little update for those of you who may be following along on my hip journey?
I have a new surgery date for my right hip on Feb 2. This is with a new OS at a new clinic/hospital.
Because time was short to get preop clearance appointments scheduled, the new OS office made an appointment for me to see the hospitalist MD at my old OS clinic, for medical clearance, because I had all pre-op testing last Oct., and this guy know my history of the bronchitis/pulmonary issues. Fine.

So today, at my medical clearance appointment, the doc says "Hi how ya doing? BTW your old OS has not retired...didn't you know? " !!!What?!
Yep apparently he did not retire at the end of 2017. As I was told by his office in Nov. "no way could they fit me in, by years end." The scheduler said they would be in touch...I have heard nothing from them. I assumed he retired from surgery, and found a new OS.

What offices do this!? Not a follow up call, nothing. I had been seeing this surgeon since last April.

Apparently they quit me!

I just want a new hip for crying out loud!
 
Hi @BeBe
So are you saying that back in November when you were trying to schedule THR with your old OS,
you were told NO you can't because it was too close to the end of 2017, at which point he would retire and they couldn't fit you in by then?
Then he decided not to retire, but you weren't notified of that decision? If so.....that is crazy!!

My OS up and left his practice within the last few weeks also. Too lengthy to get into it but in putting two and two together I'm figuring he didn't leave on good terms....so I get your frustration.

Mine quit me too!! Couple of rejects we are hahaha! Let's go cry in our beer :cheers:
 
Hi @Layla
Yes that is it exactly . I last spoke to OS in the operating room and he said "don't worry we'll get your hip done." That was Oct 25. I was not cleared for surgery due to the bronchitis, and OS office scheduler called a couple days later and gave me a Nov 15 date that I had to decline, due to pulmonologist. I begged for a Dec 20 date ( his last supposedly) however she said unless there was a cancelation, not happening. But no follow up after that November phone call.

Things work out for the best and I am happy with my new OS. However I was not expecting to hear that the old OS had not retired, after all.
 
Maybe it's for the best we get new OS's BeBe....
My SIL just had her knee replaced today.
She's single so my husband took her to the surgery center at 5:00 this morning and spent the day with her until he got home at 8:00 this evening. She went thru the same orthopedic practice as me, but a different OS.
When hubby got home and was sharing about the day he mentioned SIL's OS stopped in to check on her tonight
right as hubby was getting ready to leave for home. OS also mentioned he'd stop by and see SIL in the morning before she's discharged. Now my OS never laid eyes on me after I was in recovery, immediately after surgery until I was 3 months post op!! He didn't even send a PA to check on me later in the day or in the morning before I was discharged. After hearing all of this tonight I'm feeling like I chose the wrong OS.
Well he's gone now anyway. What a difference in care though.... @BeBe
 
Glad you have a new doctor and a new date....and not far from now!
 
@BeBe Sounds like you are better off without your former surgeon. If his office has that attitude you don't need it. Laziness I would say!

Onward and upward!
 
Sounds like going with new surgeon is good plan @BeBe. I would not be comfortable with how the old office handled things. Feb 2 will be here soon.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom