Guest viewing is limited

BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

@BeBe Hi! Yes, I know what to expect.... Just thinking of all the potential awful things. I don't know why.
That is useless to do. Ugh.
I do recall on my first surgery, that when I was back in the room, I couldn't believe how 'easy' it was.
I had dwelled so much on the negatives, that it was utterly amazing to me that it was done.
Hopefully, this time will be the same!
Are you all set?
 
@MajorHeidi
Are they weimaraners? Such a nice picture!
I know! Awful things keep me up at night. The odd thing is
I know quite a few people IRL who have had some adverse outcome
after joint replacement. or maybe people like to tell me all the gory details.
Anyway, I do like this site because yes even though there
are some really scary issues some people have after surgery, there is hope and
comradery and some real knowledge to help point someone in the right direction.
Plus I love that the majority of people who come here and get through the surgery and recovery
then off they go, grabbing life by the horns again.
As it should be.

I LOVE that you were surprised by the "easy" let's sign up for that surgery K?

I have a house to clean and pets to sort out, but am still afraid it will get called off again. No reason it should but...
 
This getting ready for surgery without benefit of pain relief...
The big dog BeBe is washed and clipped. I have to shower with her...
The little dog has her spa day tomorrow and it remains to be seen whether the nail clip
will happen or not. She can be a buzz saw- even her vets tremble with fear when
Tink has her yearly.
So I may be going into surgery minus a finger.
I think I will look for a different pic of them.
 
Lol Bebe - have just taken my 2 for a bath and a haircut today, ready for when I have my op......seems to be the thing for us dog owners to take our dogs to the beauty parlour....hope you managed to squeeze in some pampering for yourself (I managed a haircut last week.....if I didn't have their grooming fees I would be a lot richer and high maintenance!) :loll:
 
We adopted our first dog, a puppy, in August.
All of this grooming is so new to me. Ironic as I worked as a HUMAN cosmetology instructor, salon owner, and nail technician for 22 years.. :heehee:
 
Well I wish I could take these dogs somewhere but honestly, BeBe probably wouldn't be allowed in any doggy parlor due to smelling like a horse barn with a little dead varmint thrown in for good measure. I literally have to shower with her- thankfully I could lower the shower stool to 12" tall. But with these old hips it is a workout!. In the summer she gives herself a bath in her pool and I supply the hose off. Such a farm dog!
Tink is just naughty. She loves the bath and blow dry but NO mani-pedi.! Only if I supply sliced turkey will she sometimes cooperate. Maybe one or two nails.

But Tink did not get her spa day today. We are in for yet another snowstorm tomorrow so I did all of my grocer shopping and last minute errands before surgery. Tomorrow we will be home all day due to snow and ice so her turkey is waiting!!

The past few days I've had to use the cane continuously (except for the dog shower and barn chores where I lean on manure forks) I had been using it for shopping where there is no cart, and any long walking. I am done with barn chores Thursday.
I must say if it was not for the measure of sanity caring for my horses provides me, I would not be able to cope. My Horses and the chores involved has been my fitness workout, my psychotherapy outlet, and in a way my strong connection to nature and God. I'm not sure how I will get through recovery without it. But we shall see in the coming weeks!
 
Almost there. My last few days pre-op went by quickly. Hope same for you. At least storm is coming today and all should be clear by Friday.
 
@hikejunkie
Still snowing here and my guys are waiting for it to stop to go plow out the driveway.
I cleaned out cupboards and did laundry this am -- kind of over did it though.
Don't know my surgery time yet, if it is early in am we will have to decide if
we go down tomorrow night and get a hotel room.

@Mascaramom
I was the girl who didn't get the pony because her older sister had already done that and parents
had BTDT...so I bought my first horse when I was 40. I still have five and dream of getting back to riding.
 
@BeBe - Not long now - have you gotten a surgery time? It sounds like this was the week for Dog Salons! Ginger had her quarterly grooming yesterday too. (I only worried about coloring MY hair before surgery...) I hadn't realized you'd gotten all the way to pre-op once before.... :tantrum: Your time has now come! And your recovery will be only a fraction of the time you've waited to be rescheduled. Praying for your new hip and new you!
 
Yay! It's finally here (knock wood!). You're going to do great (and so will your surgeon). I look forward to seeing you on the other side!:flwrysmile::dancy:
 
We have to be at the hospital by 6 am and are going to stay here at home and get up at 3:30 to drive down. It's about 1 1/2 hours that time of am.
I won't sleep anyway and husband likes our bed.
Completely overdid it today with last minute stuff to do. Off to tub bath one last time.
Thank you for the well wishes. Means a lot to me.
I will post tomorrow if I'm able to function.
 
Hi @BeBe
Finally! It's really happening :happydance::yay:
You're hours away from from your first steps to lose the pain and regain your life.

You've been in my thoughts all week. I'm excited for you and can't wait to see you on the recovery side.
If you have time tonight....consider starting your Recovery thread so it's ready to go. We'll watch for a :thumb:

Prayers for peace, comfort and protection In the hours and days to come :prayer:
Sending lots of love and big hugs :loveshwr: :friends:
 
Almost there @BeBe , I hope that you get some sleep tonight. I’ll be waiting for you on the other side. You’re about to get your life back!
 
Thinking of you and look forward to hearing how things are going on the recovery side. :)
 
Bebe is getting rid of that terrible hip pain. Yay for you.
:yahoo:
I know there's a myriad of emotions involved in this, but we are all rooting for you and will see you on the healing side.
:friends:
 
Thinking of you today, @BeBe! This day has been a long time coming for you! Will look forward to seeing your post on the recovery side!!
:wave:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom