BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

Still in pre-op limbo land. I had a chest cat scan today and am still coughing!!! The cough/chest thing is somewhat better but I do still have several bad coughing fits every day, completely unpredictable and the nagging breathlessness if I exert. Better but still there. Also I have developed a major burpy GERD issue from all the crazy inhalers and prescription cough stuff and going back on the pain meds for a couple weeks. But now the GI stuff really blossomed when I started the second inhaler. So I had to stop all that and am taking nothing now but Prilosec and robitussin.
I saw the pulmonologist Nov 25, he suggested steroid inhalers again and to stay on GERD meds. Since the inhalers seemed to aggravate my symptoms and provided nil benefit, I declined them. He said this issue is reactive airway
syndrome and can take months to resolve or just become chronic. He says no surgery til cough has resolved.

AND I have not heard one peep from my OS! Can I swear on this forum?

Meanwhile I am in pain, not able to take my aleve and get loopy from tramadol and Tylenol is just barely able to get me thru my day. My "good" hip is getting in on the act and I am looking for a new OS
Setting my sights on HSS in NYC, as that comes well recommended to me recently and my son could provide all my driving into the city for me.
When my lungs get the green light I need to be ready to go and maybe do both?? I want my life back!! I am praying for Divine intervention at this point.
I am lurking here and cheering you all on in your recoveries.

@BeBe - sorry you're having such an ordeal just to get to surgery! Just think how easy recovery will seem after all this, though! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hi @BeBe
My heart goes out to you in reading your latest post.
You are bearing a heavy load. Prayers for resolution and
comfort as you await surgery.
Sending a hug :console2:

@Layla, @Susan209, @SaraK
Thanks ladies
Your prayers and well wishes really mean a lot to me. I won't lie, this setback has me down. :cry:
I did a bit of research into superpath today Sara, and there are several OS to concider in my area.
Might be my way to go. I will regroup and carry on. I always say things happen for a reason

No guarantees your recovery will be like mine, but the differences between this procedure and some of the others out there certainly intrigued me. You definitely have the ability to look at the full gamut of surgeons.

@SaraK oh I know there are no guarantees and everyone responds differently but oddly in all of my research before I didn't come across
SuperPath until you mentioned then I googled. I also have spine issues and the tossing around needed with the anterior was really worrying me.

This SP approach makes such logical sense..I admit I was focusing on
Anterior due to the less chance of dislocate. But that seems to be less with SP too.
I have EDS and my mom did too. She had posterior (in2000) and had several dislocations the first year - it was a horrid experience for her
last one was 9 months after her initial surgery. Ended up in a full body brace.

These are the situations one tries to avoid
There is an OS here that does SP and also teaches it according to his bio
Calling today
Thank you!

Good luck - the logic of it was a large part of what led me there.

Hello Comrades!! While I have been lurking in the shadows of Bonesmart, I have not been idle in my pursuit of a new OS.
Last week I had my initial consult and tomorrow I have to go back to actually schedule surgery. Apparently I cannot just call and schedule. This OS does do the SuperPath approach and I am pleased to say my mind is at ease going forward with him. This has been a difficult journey for me.
Hopefully I can schedule the right hip within a month and the left six weeks later. And not a minute too soon. New Xray shows the femoral head flattening and squaring up. Guess I am giving it my all wearing out these joints! Left hip apparently is as bad but is my "good " joint.
Quite a bit of pain involved but I am only taking a single Aleve here and there (was taking up to 6 per day in Oct) as I am finding the Aleve has aggravated GERD. Which in turn aggravates the bronchial issue.
My activity level has almost come to a halt. I am limping along getting the minimal chores accomplished. But I am hopeful once again and am looking forward to no more pain and better mobility.
Shout out to @SaraK Thank you for your support!!!

Glad you are close to getting a date @BeBe . If both joints are bad, is having BTHR an option? Do take care

So glad to hear you've made a decision on surgeon and will get the first one scheduled! I'm happy if I was able to help in some small way.

Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off and I'm glad you're soon to be scheduled with a surgeon you like and trust. That's what it's all about!

Great news on getting this scheduled. The next month will no doubt seem long, but at least the end is in sight. And you do sound like you are at the point where meds won’t help, so why upset your system. Good luck with your pre-surgery prep @BeBe. Getting house situated now will help distract you and make things easier in your recovery.

I finally came to the conclusion that NO medication could touch that pain. I became attached to my hearing pad when at rest, not sure it did too much for the poison, did seem to take the edge off and provide some semblance of comfort.
Glad you are going to get this done and get on with your life. Double hippy 2018...:egypdance:

Great news that you are going to get your op date soon! Well done on all your persistence! Hope the wait isn't too long for you now.

You’ll have yours the Friday before my surgery @BeBe! We can swap recovery notes. Good luck with checklist.

Ready..Set..Go!
It's the final countdown. You're on your way @BeBe
Wishing you comfort as you await your surgery date.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts