Guest viewing is limited

BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

@BeBe I am sorry to hear about the delay but I think it's good they take all precautions to ensure you have a successful surgery and recovery without any other complications. Hoping you don't have to wait too long for a new date.
 
Thanks all ! Wow I had a great 5 1/2 hr nap today was so groggy from the pre-op pills I was given. I usually don't sleep 51/2 in a row EVER!
Tomorrow I am seeing a different doc about my lung/breathing issues. Not using the steroids inhalers anymore as apparently it's not helping. Will try to make a new surgery date but that will be difficult as my OS is retiring at end of year.
 
@BeBe, so sorry that your surgery was put on hold. Can't imagine your disappointment, I would have been devastated. Hopefully they will get to the cause of your cough and you'll be rescheduled before your OS can retire :)
 
Sorry for delay but glad they are looking out for you. Need to start recovery with no complicating factors.
Hoping all resolved soon.
 
Yep just a bit longer! Anyone have any surefire folk remedies to get rid of coughing?
 
Hot toddy. Rum , honey, and lemon.
 
Oh no, I am sorry :( It’s so stressful to get that and not get to go through with it.
 
So tea of 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon, Tbsp honey, dash cinnamon, and did two big steaming mugs full. And yes cough is quieter! And the newly disgusting post nasal wildly alleviated. I am surprised. So much for all the steroids... Tomorrow I will get some fresh ginger and add that. Would love to add brandy or rum but trying to stay temprant until surgery
 
:heehee: I figured you would delete the rum.
Ginger will be perfect substitute.
Those honey lemon Ricolla cough drops do help but don't like to try to sleep with those bricks in my mouth.
Hope you feel better soon.:praying:
 
Sorry to read about your delay but as the old saying goes - better safe than sorry. Hopefully you can find what is causing the cough and get rid of it before new surgery date. Your special tea sounds like a perfect medicine for a cough! Your next couple weeks will pass quickly enough now that you are over that initial shock of postponement. How devastating that must have felt!! Sending positive healing thoughts your way! :flwrysmile:
 
@BeBe So sorry your surgery is delayed. But they do like to be careful about any breathing issues. Fingers crossed that nasty cough eases for you!
 
@BeBe Your tea mix never fails to work when I have a cough. Hoping you'll get rid of it soon.
Now there's three of us on November 15; yourself, @Tomgirl and myself. :) Nov 15 is going to be a good day.
 
@Susan209 Thanks for the reminder about you and @Tomgirl for Nov 15
I so want to get this bronchitis cough resolved so I can join the nov party.
Today was spent with the medical dr who did another neb breathing tx and
referred me to a pulminary specialist. Problem is no one can see me this week.
Soonest is the 10 th. My cough has not improved much at all. Still have the tight-ness
in my chest and now it seems the post nasal drip is really increasing. Yuck
Tomorrow I will make my own phone calls to find a PS. Otherwise I am considering no
Hip surgery with this OS as he is retiring at the end of this year.
At this point I am praying.
 
:fingersx: for you.
Hope all gets resolved.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom