@hikejunkie @Mojo333 @anny @jfm1968 @TinyMom @Layla and all my other BSBuds!
Oh ladies I am the "queen of compensation " at least that is what the PT said.
I do need to get this LLD sorted out when I go back to see OS May 8. He does X-ray the hip then but will ask him to measure legs?
Years ago (10-12?) when I first started with the back and hip issues my rheumatologist
wanted me to have a bone scan? to measure, as she was uncertain it was actual LLD
or hip muscle imbalance or something else.
I did not have the scan and just started using orthotics which helped.
A few years later another doc and a PT just did the basic eyeball exam of
hips even on the table and line up ankle bones thing and said my left? was
maybe 1/2 " shorter.
So my question is -- What do I do with the increase in pain caused by walking with even shoes on?
Do you just go back to narcotics? No.
If I do the one shoe on, one shoe off thing, the walking is quite noticibly better. Gait is better, back
straight. I can go further, and I do not have that femur/quad pain. I am still using the walker 90 % but trying for the cane in the house which I cannot do well unless one shoe on - one shoe off.
Even height shoes and I am back to almost hobbling with the walker. Definitely limping more. And more
Painful.
I'm supposed to walk but not in excess. Im not doing any PT exercises
My ROM is fairly good and I am still observing precautions. I can sleep on both sides with the big pillows help. Better on non op side though. I have very minimal swelling if any just slight.
IT band/bursitis is quite unhappy but I had that preop.
IDK--- this is early in the recovery process and I will take it easy but just is a hitch in the process.
Time, patience and faith...
Thanks for listening.