anny
graduate
OH yes....'ants in the pants' feeling.....wouldn't you think we'd enjoy the opportunity to lie back and be waited on, but after half an hour I get twitchy and can't concentrate on anything.....NEVER thought I would be pining to clean the kitchen!! I still have to have my upper body slightly propped up in bed so that my hips can go flat.....wasn't able to straighten up out of my hip before so assume the soft tissues have shortened and will gradually lengthen out now the artificial hip is no longer preventing it. I only saw a physio in hospital....now I'm out I have the option of going to a 'joint class' at a local physio clinic.....I may try it in a few weeks but to be honest, a friend who went for her TKR said it's practising going up a flight of 4 steps etc, and I already do 12 steps several times a day. Maybe I'll try it once just in case I'm missing something, but will wait a few weeks yet.
The achey leg from lying on your back.....I have my top half propped up, and when my bottom half gets too stiff I slide up or down the pillows to vary the bend in my lower back......I tried propping my feet up on pillows as well, but quickly abandoned that cos it made my knees ache. Back sleeping is the pits, but have to grin and bear it....who knows, by 6 wks we may have grown to love it! (no, I don;t think so either
) Hope logleg/pins and needles resolve quickly...... you feel you're making progress when you've actually got a bit of control over your limbs 
The achey leg from lying on your back.....I have my top half propped up, and when my bottom half gets too stiff I slide up or down the pillows to vary the bend in my lower back......I tried propping my feet up on pillows as well, but quickly abandoned that cos it made my knees ache. Back sleeping is the pits, but have to grin and bear it....who knows, by 6 wks we may have grown to love it! (no, I don;t think so either
) Hope logleg/pins and needles resolve quickly...... you feel you're making progress when you've actually got a bit of control over your limbs 
New Zealand
I’ve had insomnia for years, too, exacerbated by OA pain. I actually am sleeping longer and more now than I have in ages. Makes me very thankful!
might just let that pass till I have a couple more post op weeks under my belt. 


