• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

TKR Beachy in recovery<

Mom2Lucy

senior
Country
Canada Canada
Hi @beachy , I share your lower back pain struggle, except mine is on the right side. And nothing I try fixes mine either. So frustrating

OP
OP
beachy

beachy

post-grad
Country
United States United States
@Mom2Lucy
I’ll find out on Monday where I go from here. I know it’s related to scoliosis and all the limping. I’ve been limping for years. Not sure if I’ll need to see my OS about the bursitis.
Ice helps more than heat.

DLR

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
@beachy so sorry to hear of your ongoing back problems. That just adds to everything else. I hope you get some answers Monday. I have continued seeing my chiropractor so I am ready for the next knee adventure, all the sleeping ina recliner seems to really agrevate my arthritic lumbar spine.
Thinking of you

OP
OP
beachy

beachy

post-grad
Country
Thanks Diane @DLR . I'm sure I'll find out what the next step is in Monday. It's crazy. Last nite I resorted to a Tramadol and Tylenol and it barely touched the pain. Today I sat in surgi center waiting for hubs for 4 hrs and knee and back feel ok. Go figure.
You're less than 2 weeks for Lefty! I'll be thinking of you and keeping up with your recovery posts.

• Agree
Reactions: DLR

Neehutchy

Country
Just thought I'd check in and see how you are doing and how you made out today with your appointment. My back has been giving me fits on and off...but it is a lot better than before I had my knees done. The cold and snow storms are really bothering mine; some days are great others are stiff and tender...but still better than before surgery! Hope you're doing well, @beachy

OP
OP
beachy

beachy

post-grad
Country
@Neehutchy and everyone......
My back Dr appt could have been better. Or worse. I knew I wasn't going to get a quick fix answer.
Feb 5 I'm scheduled for an xray guided cortisone/anesthetic shot in my left SI joint pending IS approval. A few weeks later a cortisone shot in left hip for bursitis pending OS approval.
Only long term solution is surgery and I'm not jumping into that.

Hope you're doing well, too @Neehutchy !

MissViv18

Country
So sorry to hear of your back and hip problems. Hope you can come to a good resolution soon! Hang in There!

DLR

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
@beachy i will be thinking of you and praying Feb 5 as I go for surgery that day. Hoping it will bring relief for you...as a friend of mine said yesterday “getting older is not for sissies”...sending a hug

OP
OP
beachy

beachy

post-grad
Country
@DLR .
I'll be thinking of you too!
When I owned my store I carried a pillow with that saying on it. Best seller. I didn't have any of these problems back then.
The other best selling pillow was " You'll always be my best friend. You know too much. "
Both are so true.

I got clearance for my OS for the shots. He said as long as they're not in or near the knee. NOBODY is sticking ANYTHING in or near my knee LOL.

sistersinhim

Country
Only long term solution is surgery and I'm not jumping into that.
Boy, can I relate to that! A knee replacement takes the desire for any more surgery away!

NOBODY is sticking ANYTHING in or near my knee LOL.
Even this long after surgery I say the same thing!!

Neehutchy

Country
I've had the x-ray guided steroid injections into my spine...not as bad as they sound. Drove myself to and home from the experience. Haven't had one since last April. I hope this calms them down for you.

gecko

senior
Country
Australia Australia
I too had the xray guided injections in my lower back , worked really well for me :)
Hope it works for you and gives you some well earned releif :)

OP
OP
beachy

beachy

post-grad
Country
Wow! That's great to hear from you ladies that had the injections!
@gecko I hope it works for me, too. Heat has helped. And certain yoga stretches. But, it always comes back.

@traceys they won't do the injection unless I have someone to provide transportation above there the whole time. And I have to fast 4 hrs prior. What's up with that?

@sistersinhim how are you feeling these days?

gecko

senior
Country
Australia Australia
Have you scheduled your injections yet beachy, or is it too soon :))

OP
OP
beachy

beachy

post-grad
Country
@gecko
The SI joint injection is Tues, Feb 5.
OS said injections are ok as long as not in The knee. As if.
The bursitis hip injection is not yet scheduled. SI is feeling better with heat. Bursitis has eased too. It figures. When you finally drag yourself to the doctor things improve. Didn't work for the knee though lol.
Hope I don't chicken out.

OP
OP
beachy

beachy

post-grad
Country
Wow! Just realized it's 16 weeks today.
It's great when you no longer think about your knee. I feel bad for those of you who are having lingering problems long after your tkr. Can't imagine.
It is occasionally stiff and swollen. Last week was a prime example. Crazy as it sounds, once I started using heat on my back the knee felt better.
Now if the cabin fever would go away........

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Carreg
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom