TKR Beachy in recovery<

@beachy so sorry to hear of your ongoing back problems. That just adds to everything else. I hope you get some answers Monday. I have continued seeing my chiropractor so I am ready for the next knee adventure, all the sleeping ina recliner seems to really agrevate my arthritic lumbar spine.
Thinking of you
 
Thanks Diane @DLR . I'm sure I'll find out what the next step is in Monday. It's crazy. Last nite I resorted to a Tramadol and Tylenol and it barely touched the pain. Today I sat in surgi center waiting for hubs for 4 hrs and knee and back feel ok. Go figure.
You're less than 2 weeks for Lefty! I'll be thinking of you and keeping up with your recovery posts.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DLR
Just thought I'd check in and see how you are doing and how you made out today with your appointment. My back has been giving me fits on and off...but it is a lot better than before I had my knees done. The cold and snow storms are really bothering mine; some days are great others are stiff and tender...but still better than before surgery! Hope you're doing well, @beachy
 
@Neehutchy and everyone......
My back Dr appt could have been better. Or worse. I knew I wasn't going to get a quick fix answer.
Feb 5 I'm scheduled for an xray guided cortisone/anesthetic shot in my left SI joint pending IS approval. A few weeks later a cortisone shot in left hip for bursitis pending OS approval.
Only long term solution is surgery and I'm not jumping into that.

Hope you're doing well, too @Neehutchy !
 
So sorry to hear of your back and hip problems. Hope you can come to a good resolution soon! Hang in There!
 
@beachy i will be thinking of you and praying Feb 5 as I go for surgery that day. Hoping it will bring relief for you...as a friend of mine said yesterday “getting older is not for sissies”...sending a hug
 
@DLR .
I'll be thinking of you too!
When I owned my store I carried a pillow with that saying on it. Best seller. I didn't have any of these problems back then.
The other best selling pillow was " You'll always be my best friend. You know too much. "
Both are so true.

I got clearance for my OS for the shots. He said as long as they're not in or near the knee. NOBODY is sticking ANYTHING in or near my knee LOL.
 
Only long term solution is surgery and I'm not jumping into that.
Boy, can I relate to that! A knee replacement takes the desire for any more surgery away!

NOBODY is sticking ANYTHING in or near my knee LOL.
Even this long after surgery I say the same thing!!
 
I've had the x-ray guided steroid injections into my spine...not as bad as they sound. Drove myself to and home from the experience. Haven't had one since last April. I hope this calms them down for you.
 
I too had the xray guided injections in my lower back , worked really well for me :-)
Hope it works for you and gives you some well earned releif :-)
 
Wow! That's great to hear from you ladies that had the injections!
@gecko I hope it works for me, too. Heat has helped. And certain yoga stretches. But, it always comes back.

@traceys they won't do the injection unless I have someone to provide transportation above there the whole time. And I have to fast 4 hrs prior. What's up with that?

@sistersinhim how are you feeling these days?
 
@beachy I have posted some updates on my thread. I don't want to hijack yours.
 
Have you scheduled your injections yet beachy, or is it too soon :-))
 
@gecko
The SI joint injection is Tues, Feb 5.
OS said injections are ok as long as not in The knee. As if.
The bursitis hip injection is not yet scheduled. SI is feeling better with heat. Bursitis has eased too. It figures. When you finally drag yourself to the doctor things improve. Didn't work for the knee though lol.
Hope I don't chicken out.
 
Wow! Just realized it's 16 weeks today.
It's great when you no longer think about your knee. I feel bad for those of you who are having lingering problems long after your tkr. Can't imagine.
It is occasionally stiff and swollen. Last week was a prime example. Crazy as it sounds, once I started using heat on my back the knee felt better.
Now if the cabin fever would go away........
 
It like other parts of our bodies are jealous and want some attention, too!
 
Don't chicken out beachy it is not as bad as it sounds, it is a peice of cake after dealing with TKR , just imagine another pain gone :-)

Chris:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Chris @gecko.
I was kidding. Looking forward to getting some relief!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom