TKR Beachy in recovery<

My husband once had a project that demanded late night and weekend working, resulting in some irregular meals. He lost twelve pounds. He went to the doctor because he thought he had cancer. The doctor could not conceal his amusement. My husband's weight has not varied significantly otherwise, over the last twenty five years. Which I find profoundly unfair.
 
@IronGirl6 .
Thanks for the info. If like to try the inversion board first because it's very pricey. It looks like it would help though.

Ladies, these men and dropping weight! Should be illegal!
 
@IronGirl6 , it's a good idea to try the inversion table before you buy it. My husband had one and he just loved it, it was great for his bad back. When I tried it out it made all my poor arthritic joints scream in agony!
 
Week 14 today!

My knee feels good. A little tight after the bike so I alternate days, but that's all.

For any newbies out there.....
I'm very glad I had it done! It is a long recovery with lots of ups and downs. But, it was worth it. I'm not looking forward to doing it again for the right knee.

I'm back to living life. Except hubs is still recovering and needs some help. One more procedure and he should be good as new. It's been a long road since my tkr on Oct 12.

Week 3 of a healthy low carb diet. It has done wonders for our health, both mental and physical. And our waistlines.

I check in from time to time to see how my bonesmart buddies are doing.
Hope you're all back to living a pain free life!
 
@donnag1108
Have patience with yourself. I didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel as soon as I wanted. You'll get there. You're about 6 weeks now? That was a weird place for me because my expectations and reality were different. You'll be feeling better before you know it.
 
@beachy yes had my 6 week follow up this past Monday and OS was pleased and gave me the exact same advice you did. For sure my reality and expectations totally different but he is excellent at putting things back in perspective for me.
 
Go beachy! Go beachy!
So nice to hear you this happy about it now. I’m with you. Weeks 6-10 were by far my worst. Mind says go and knee says “hold it right there”.

Hope hubs is in a better place. That was rough.

Race you to the next milestone now? :loll:
 
@traceys .
I agree about weeks 6-10. They weren't my worst pain wise, but it was the most discouraging. Weeks 8-10 were firmly planted in ODIC from walking around hospital then taking care of hubs at home.
He is in better place, thanks. I sent him away. Just kidding :rotfl:
I'll race you on the recumbent bike. Everybody's a winner!
 
Tomorrow will be 15 weeks since I got a new knee!

And tomorrow is a big day as hubs is having a "procedure" that should be the final step in his recovery . A week or two to recover and we should be back to our normal life. Whatever normal is. Normal is getting back to the beach!

I've been having bad left lower back issues and left hip bursitis. No matter what I do I can't shake it. Stretching, resting, icing, heat, walking, sitting....nothing helps. I used to be able to control it, but this time is different. So, off I go to the Back and Spine Clinic on Monday. My guess is a combo of weakness in hips and back and scoliosis all aggravated by tkr recovery. Looking forward to getting this resolved!

Sounds like I'm mess, but I am able to do more than I could pre op. Or even 4 weeks ago. Definite progress with the knee and still glad I had it done!

45 days till we set the clocks forward and gain an extra hour of daylight!
 
I can’t believe it’s been 15 weeks “already”!!

Who knows what normal is, it keeps changing!

I’m excited for you to complete your move to the beach, I know that’s where you want to be.
 
Wonderful update @beachy will continuing praying for both of you. The beach sounds wonderful. I am getting myself mentally prepared for my next TKR Feb 5..less than 2 weeks:sos:..
I will be housebound for a while with our lovely Canadian snow, ice, slush, windchill...but as you mentioned spring is coming :loveshwr:
 
@beachy such a good thing for hubby. So glad his course is back on track. And so glad you see the diff looking pre and post surgery which is what we all pray for
@DLR just saw where you live. I could prob throw a rock and hit your house!! Lol
 
Awesome news that your husband can see the finish line. Better news that you see so much improvement. It is what we all want.
 
Hi @beachy , I share your lower back pain struggle, except mine is on the right side. And nothing I try fixes mine either. So frustrating
 
@Mom2Lucy
I’ll find out on Monday where I go from here. I know it’s related to scoliosis and all the limping. I’ve been limping for years. Not sure if I’ll need to see my OS about the bursitis.
Ice helps more than heat.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom