Guest viewing is limited

TKR Barnmom22's recovery thread<

We are here for you and will be praying for your relief.
 
I hope they figure out what is causing that allergic reaction and get everything back under control. God bless
 
Apparently itching is a common side effect from oxy. I took some Claratin a short while ago so that should help. The shakes might be from physical therapy. She asked to walk up and down five steps. And I did it even though you all have taught me not to be intimidated by PT. Also I had a cold wrap attached an ice machine for several hours.

I felt so well in the am only to crash all afternoon. I know given time and care this will ease but it's hard right now for me to see around that corner.
 
The first few days are very tough, hang in there it will get getter soon:flwrysmile:
 
Brighter days are ahead of you. Sleep as much as you can now. And while sleeping ice, elevate and take you meds! Before you know it, you'll be over these really dark days.
 
I actually got severe itching from a medication they used in the epidural. I never experienced anything like that before. They gave me so much Benadryl that all I did during the second day was sleep. I took oxy at home and had no problems from it at all.
 
As good as my morning was that's how bad my afternoon and evening were. The rash has spread to arms , belly and legs. I also experienced a pain when I take deep breaths and instantly jumped to the conclusion that I have a pulmonary embolism. So I asked to see a doctor at 6 pm. He just showed at 10:45. This hospital seems to staffed with many wonderful nurses but few doctors. Anyway he ordered a chest X-ray right now at bedside. I said fine because with all this talk about dvt and my experience with pregnancy loss I'm not taking chances.

I'm supposed to go home by 3 tomorrow. I guess I will be more comfortable there. And I hope to match the progress and sunny attitudes of some people here.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
it will be better once you are home. Good luck with the x-ray.
 
I'm at hospital. Going home this afternoon. Trying to find the chart with Tylenol dosages and tramadal. Can someone please post it again.
 
X-ray was clear. Clara do you that chart with Tylenol tramadal?
 
@Suz would you post the chart. Good to read the x-Ray was clear. Better days are ahead I promise, those first days are rough hang in there. We are all here for you.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Here ya go @Barnmom22

[Bonesmart.org] Barnmom22's recovery thread<
 
Thanks. Trying to leave hospital today but pain is not managed. I just asked to see a pain specialist.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It is a good idea to make sure you have everything set up in the way of proper pain medications for you. That way you aren't playing phone tag with the OS office. I hope you can get it sorted out and you can get home soon.
 
I needed an IV shot of toradol to get me over the first 24 hours after surgery, then oxycodone did the trick. Give it a try.
 
Barnmom22, so glad the lungs are good to go. It will be so nice to be home without an IV in your hand and with the freedom to set your own schedule without interruptions. Trust me, it gets better! You braved several rough storms, but look for the clearer skies ahead. We are all pulling for you!
 
Apparently I'm not in enough pain to see the pain specialist. But they are sending me home with oxy, Percocet, morphine and tramadal. Guess it's up to me to figure out the best regimen.
 
I'm glad your x-ray was clear...I see Diane posted the chart. I was on oxycodont-acetaminophen 5/325, 2 tabs ever 4 hrs, 1 Tramadol every 8 hrs, and 1 Tylenol arthritis 650 mg extended release every 6 hrs, my pain was under control with this combo, I also take Celebrex.

I hope you go home soon!
 
@Barnmom22, Josephine actually has two schedules. The second chart worked better for me at 2-4wks out! You can click on it to enlarge it!

[Bonesmart.org] Barnmom22's recovery thread<
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom