THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

I am missing you @Mojo333 I am thinking that's why we can't connect. I am almost impossible to reach before 7-8 pm you.... before... weeps :sos:
 
Forgot to add last time I was on here, I meant to tell you two different people mentioned to me how fast I walk... I pre-arthritis use to walk fast I do mean fast so that was nice to hear. It made me notice how fast I walk in stores...who knew.

Also today a lady at church stopped me to ask my hip doctor's name and address she's been told her needs it and she said I want YOUR doctor you're doing so well... again....who knew. I have her phone number and plan to call her this week as I didn't have the information on me
 
That's great to hear @MyAussieGirl . Sometimes we think we hid thinks well before the surgery or get bogged down in the details of recovery. Someone with a bit more perspective can help us see how far we've come. One year coming up for both of us on our first hip! It's amazing how much my life has changed in just a little over 2 years. From no real issues to severe pain in one to 2 new hips. I'm so thankful to live in a time and place where we can get them fixed and live a great life. I'm sorry you still have some pain but hope it's much less than before!
 
Glad you are back to fast walking @MyAussieGirl. A work colleague mentioned to me a couple of months before my second hip surgery she noticed I wasn’t walking as fast as normal so she knew hip was bothering me. Others do notice both the good and the bad.

I also agree that not all will be pain free by a certain point. It can take a year or more, and it isn’t because we have done anything wrong, it is just the way we are. My left hip does have many pain free days. I am wondering how it will be down the road after right heals and things level out. I will say that the pain I get in “good” hip is no where near the ugly bone on bone pain I had prior.

I have read a couple of people say if they get to 90% they would be happy and I think that is realistic. I have to remember that even the hips are new, the rest of my body has some miles on it! I’m just glad to have the chance to continue a much more normal life than I had before.
 
We DO miss each other alot.
MyAussieGirl for others who are just tuning in was my ultimate cheerleader/sympathiser/comic relief early on. When all would seem bleak, I could count on MAGs to pull me out of my rut.
You never forget those people that were there when you were at your most vulnerable. I'll catch you sometime!
 
OMG I am on on my fire kindle so I'll try to catch up latter on my cell the print and keyboard are easier to see and tag you all BUT I had to share . My church friend who is going to have hip surgery said I have been such an INSPIRATION..... No kidding ME an inspiration she said she wants my hip doctor because of it.....I just had to share cause....me !!!! BBL where I can see
 
Last edited:
Get back here Layla and pop your thread up it never comes up on my watched threads and I want to know how your foot is. EVERY time On on no news on it...whine

Miss you

@Layla
 
We WILL talk @Mojo333 just um stay up even a tad after 8....

I didn't do anything hon, I am simply your friend and like you much .. I miss our fun too
 
It's been 15 years since I walked this fast @MammaT 5 years when others noticed but most didn't...in fact I wasn't all that bad till 5 years before then could not do much... I hide pain well. Even I shocked me lol

I don't know what per cent I feel better but I wish I had been prepared for not 100 per cent
 
I agree 100 per cent @SaraK I can't believe what modern medicine can do now. I saw on TV mobile EKG for 100 dollars so you can take your own and send it to your doctor to advise you...size of a cell phone ...wow
 
My cardiologist (how I hate the fact that I have one) recommends that EKG machine to his patients that have atrial fibrillation (not me). Instead, I have the pleasure of a blood pressure device that syncs with my phone - it keeps the history and then I can email to anyone, including my doc. With various health issues that were very problematic in prior years but easily managed now, I wonder if I'd still be alive if I'd been born 100 years before. I certainly wouldn't be doing much walking, much less dancing! You wonder what it will be like in another 100 years.
 
Don't hate that you have one (cardiologist) @SaraK
Whatever sent you to one may have saved your life and look at all the positive
changes you've made. Look at it as he's someone who is looking out for you and steering
you in the right direction. You've been doing great, having fun, really enjoying life!!

Hi Mag's
I don't pull up my thread because I guess I don't find myself all that interesting.
Feeling like I can find plenty to do here with out adding myself to the mix.
My Achilles is the same through my own fault. I haven't been doing my exercise, nor therapy.
I figure I'll just sabotage myself a little longer :heehee:

I miss you too. I'll always have fond memories of recovery, we had a blast. It was like Happy Hour many nights.
Love and big hugs to you!!
@MyAussieGirl
 
Last edited:
I was interested in how you're doing @Layla thus I was asking for you to pull your thread up for me...but it sounds like you're be OKAY and that makes me happy. I too hate talking on me but people ask on me and so I check in.
 
Wow too cool @SaraK I GET what your saying.... I am so happy you have that as you said you can live your life dance and so much because of this technology. Imagine way off in the future.... I never thought Id be part Biotic Woman lol
 
And you're serving as an example to others about how their life can be improved with this surgery!
 
Now I have to stop pretending to work and go meet my sons at the Japanese steakhouse - yum and fun! It's become our go to place for birthdays (although none of us let them beat the drums and have the dragon parade for our birthday).
 
Good news. I lost 2 dress and swinsuit sizes and I am not trying. I thus got some new clothes

I can't say I am 100 per cent pain free but am doing well I seem to walk a lot. I can't wait till summer so I can swim :swim::surfer: Not much else is new...in about a month I'll be 1 year on one hip and almost 6 months on the other. I guess it's been unreasonable to expect totally zero pain after around 15 years arthritis and 5 of them bone on bone....still I want totally zero discomfort

Lol edited to add... yesterday playing in the backyard with my dog... I was kicking the basketball and um did a Charlie Brown and missed it...fell on my side but kinda caught myself a little.... I am OK just had to lol only I would do a Charlie Brown :loll:
 
Last edited:

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom