THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Hi @MyAussieGirl!
I've missed you, you're never around any more!
Same with, Cheryl, I think we need to board a plane and knock on her door.
I'm a little concerned about her...

So I'm assuming you're out living life with those two new hips.
Hope you've been well, escaping all the colds and flu out there.
Spring is coming.....it really is.....I think? :shrug:
Hugs, hugs, hugs! :friends: Hope your week is good!
 
I saw your post in my thread so I just wanted to stop by to say “hi.” Miss seeing you around these days but I will assume it is because you are busy enjoying the fact your pain is gone! Think spring!!
 
@MyAussieGirl what do you do? I volunteer here at Harry Truman’s historic courthouse and help people with sites to visit. I REALLY MISS volunteering. I hope I can deliver meals on wheels when I heal. Couldn’t do it before because of hip and steps. But that is another goal. Have s good week and HEALTHY workers.
 
I miss you too @Layla but it seems you're out forum advising when I am on and I don't wait well... I don't come or stay on long if nobody is around to go back and forth with I am much too antsy.

I miss Cpolluck too but I think she's just busy and not wanting to be on here unless it's like when we were all actively healing and joking around more. I also think she's a busy girl.

I saw a channel the other day with some old Western we spoke of way back and loled thinking of you. I sure do miss the gang too.

Hugs
 
I am not snubbing anyone @GrannyC I am just not on here much...nor are you and Cpolluck a few others. We all mended near the same time and once we lived on here but now .
no. I miss you.

I can't say I am pain free many are but I am much better than I was before the surgery/surgeries. I think many do the new people and injustice when they say pain free as I know a couple members who didn't fit that mold who then left this site because they felt pressured to compare and they felt they failed or their surgery did. I still get sore a year out on one side and 5.5 to 6 months out on hip 2. I am NOT lecturing you just pointing out to all are not pain free even a year plus after

So, Granny what's new?
 
Hi @Walkinginthesand I love your goals. I do volunteer work for epilepsy all Nov, March 26th and Feb 1 day ...in the end I educate and raise huge bank for research ...let's see if I can get a picture up before I leave here lil

I think because your goal is for Good... you will heal faster...Steps WILL happen...God Bless you many just want to be pain free

My next goal to work for Samaritan Purse for disaster relief
 
My dog is in Heaven now but he was in calendars, Books you name it to help this cause
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Aussie's Posterior LTHR
    27751903_10214660886666264_8175785213837710036_n.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 122
And life goes on..
I did do hope that members don't feel that they don't fit the mold because all is not perfect in the "correct" time. I have had an amazing recovery, and am mostly pain free but I can only attribute that mostly to bring extremely lucky. I get sore even now when I overdo things or even sit too long..avoiding long car trips.
I agree that some people probably get frustrated when they read about someone who is having a faster recovery..so many are having much worse so hopefully it shows all sides.
We can't help for asking about you Mags. We love you:roseshwr:
 
Hi MAG's :hi:
Sounds like you're doing well. We can miss our healing days, we had fun!
But life moves on, I guess. I still love hearing from you so pop in when you're able.
Hope your week is great! :loveshwr: :friends:
@MyAussieGirl
 
I miss you two also but @Layla I have never been one minus forced by surgery to just be on puter or phone....restless I think is the better word

I miss you @Mojo333 I am glad to hear you too aren't pain free sadly these people didn't think they fit in cause many were at say 4 months....

I am rushing but love you all
 
Good to see you @MyAussieGirl !! I agree with you that many of us aren’t on here as much these days. I often stop by to read and check on my buddies but I don’t always post.

I also agree with you that some, even after many months, are not pain free. I think the important thing is that we all realize each person recovers at different rates. There are so many variables really, including but not limited to one’s condition prior to surgery. We should all just be honest when talking about our recoveries and what is going on. Last year on the pre-op forum someone posted that she feared having surgery because it looked like so many people in recovery were having problems. People responded that those without problems tended to post less that those who had problems. If people didn’t have questions or problems, they just weren’t visiting the forum as much. That made sense and seemed to help this person. There is no right answer for how we should post except to tell the truth.

For me, I truly have no pain now. I do get a slight ache after laying on my operated side for many hours at night but it is minimal and I just turn over to get rid of it. I still have to concentrate to make myself lead with my operated leg to go up stairs. I can go up a few stairs normally without a railing but on a full flight of stairs, I would need a railing and I can feel it in my operated leg. It may be due to my new hip but I feel it is also partly due to my knee. I’m hoping they will X-ray my knee when I go for my one year check. My knee doesn’t really bother me much at this point but I’d like to know if it, too, is arthritic. Bottom line though is that I am far, far better now that before surgery so I have no complaints.

I hope it works out for you to volunteer for Samaritan ‘s Purse like you mentioned. The work you do for epilepsy is wonderful! :loveshwr:
 
I basically said the same thing @GrannyC I am SURE and glad many are 100 per cent pain free and I don't begrudge them. I just hope to point out it is helpful if it's true to post you have some pain still at so many weeks out so others know they are not alone. You just say it better than I

I am looking forward to spring flowers gardening and just spring. Today it was 64 and sunny...what a blessing. I hope to get my dog heeling so many walks will begin and soon... swimming :swim:
 
A small PS I too pop on just to read from time to time...not often but to check on friends. I don't always have much to say but I check on ya all
 
Wish I would've caught you on forum last night..I have been up by 5 - running me crazy at work this week as we are reopening soup kitchen and had big health department inspection...by 8 pm I'm dozing in recliner. What a wimp, I am.
Hope your day is sweet.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom