THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

So happy for the great news MAG's!!
Jumping for joy! :dancy::spin::happydance:
Having that yucky prep behind you is wonderful but a good report even better.
Hope today is wonderful :flwrysmile:
@MyAussieGirl
 
So glad to hear your test went well, MAGS! Fantastic!! Now to get a little rest.
 
I was on 24 hrs of not being able to be alone they said the drug they gave me to put me out...so um be careful cause I was trying to be careful thus went back to the Walker.... carrying wash and pushing it with my tummy ...well uhhh ohh it fell on my foot. I now have an almost black big toe and part of the other part of my foot lol

I will say @Mojo333 I hope you do go see bro as we only have one family and when they are gone we cannot visit them. I say that all wise not Boo hooing but wisdom to be had here. Also thanks sweetie I got a call from my Endo...best A1C I ever had ....so close to normal non diabetic I may end up going down again when I see her next.

Ice your brother's arms down I agree they must hurt from all that flying
 
Thanks @Layla mega happy hugs ... I think it's awesome news too I suspect they were right antibiotics this last time...first time a virus and well stressed.
 
Glad to hear the A1C down! It can be hard to do and means you've been doing things right. I'm type 2 myself. The Injection in the hip with my first hip played havoc with my blood sugar so I took it off the table with the second one. A1C last fall was the highest it's ever been. Back down now, though.
 
Thank @danabanana I um really will not do it again but in the end it all worked out alright. If not for your extra help I would have just had a breakdown really I was a mess ...well more so than usual :loll:
 
Wow @SaraK I am sorry to here you went up. Oddly my A1C from back when I had my hips done we're good BUT all my reading in the hospital were a nightmare super high for me. I normally eat a very low carb diet in the hospital they didn't HAVE my meds nooo you read that right. They fed me mega refined carbs and dig this....fast acting insulin ...my Endo said I am very sensitive to insulin I go high with most of it. I take pills and a small dose of Lantus (slow acting insulin) .....Now for THIS test I had 24 hrs of 3 times my carbs all real sugar and had to hold my night blood sugar meds. Yeeze. BTW I love your kitty cat :catbutterfly:
 
I um didn't hook up with my nephew @Layla but thanks... I hope to hook up with him tomorrow after church he lives in KY. His dad was my oldest brother who died I am the only one left on his dad's side of the family

Thanks always for the cheerleading and you must read back to get the information on my mustacho
 
I gained 30 lb last fall between the injections, eating wrong after my dad's death and not moving much due to the pain. I'm glad I didn't take the oral steroids the pain specialist wanted to give me when he told me (after a minimal exam) that the problem was in my spine and not my hip. After the first THR, I joined a gym and went on a low carb diet. I lost 20 lbs and my pre op A1C was 5.0 so my doc dropped me from 2000mg of metformin (all I take) to 500mg. Going to try to keep it down and take off the rest of the weight! I hope yours stays down as well - best for both of us to keep it under control.
 
Yay us @SaraK I have since first dx of diabetes lost over 125 pounds.. I held at the loss of 105-115 till this year now I lose and don't even try which rocks. I am almost normal...weight wise
 
That's fantastic! Mine has yoyo'd. I took off 45 after dx, gained a little back when I quit smoking (seemed like a good tradeoff). I'm a stress and depression eater, though and gained it all back during a long unpleasant divorce. I'd just lost a bunch of it when last fall hit and I put so much on. I'm not huge - BMI just over 30 - but definitely want to get it back into a normal range and keep it there.
 
Glad I'm not the only klutz. But keep eye on that toe and healing.
Wish my sister could get serious about controlling her diabetes.
You know important your comfort and cheerleading has meant to me through my recovery. :loveshwr:
Double hippy pal, I hope 2018 is a super year for you.
You'll be swimming around like a fish as soon as its warm enough...you'll be well enough.
:swim:
Cheers:cheers: @MyAussieGirl!
 
Hey @MyAussieGirl
Hope today is a good day for you.
Any special plans?
We're going low key here....freezing out, with a high of -5 :ice:
Cranking out some hors d'oeuvres and of course some bubbly!!
Happy NYE! :martini:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom