THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Thanks everyone I will TRY to catch up after church. TRY... thanks for all your loving posts

@danabanana I will pick your brain later I had one 30 years ago.... I don't know how they expect me to drink more stuff THAN get to the hospital that day without going in the car...gulp

Also have to GET a reply on bone doc on antibiotics before procedure

Then the crazy day before I don't mind the diet but as I'm giving up tons of sleep the day OF I don't think I'm getting up at 6 AM the day before to drink juice and have a. Popcycle...their diabetic diet starts that way...ugh my pills thrown off much too technical for non diabetic people to know
 
Thank you for the lovely poem @Mojo333 I don't know what I would do without you ..yes it's been never ending lately and I am discouraged.. sorry ..it doesn't make me a very good friend
 
Yes help please @danabanana and thanks ahead for the information on colonoscopy. I had one years ago and the test was no big deal. The prep was.

Questions
1 I have to drink some stuff and be on a liquid diet the night before the not sure on spelling but Surrap you drink with pop or something then drink 32 more ounces of water within that hour. THEN the day of the test I do it again. My question is the first time you take it... I'm to take mine at 6 pm..
How many times ABOUT do you go diarrhea??? Are you up all night???

2 the next AM I'm to take it again then get to the hospital within I think 11/2 hrs. How do you get there if you took the stuff again????

Thanks these two things have me concerned ...Hugs

Oh and is this how they figured out what you have?
 
You won't be up all night. You'll want to Aim to have that 32 ounces down in 2 hours so that's very doable. It's generally taken about 45 Mins once I've begun drinking before my first poop...here where I live, they suggest to begin at 4:30pm the night before. Then you'll just be pooping and often for 4 hours or so. By 10-11pm I have been able to go to sleep for the night.
The next morning they suggest to be finished drinking the remaining stuff 3-4 hours prior to your appt....that means you'd be done pooping well before you get to your appt time. So if my appt was 9am I got up at 4:30am and drank my stuff. The goal is to be "pooping" clear...and what that looks like isn't clear like as in colourless ...it generally turns a light yellow color....clear means no actual pieces of stool...no brown flakes....just straight liquid like you're peeing, and like I said, yellow to pale yellow. If you're nervous, pick up a small package of adult diapers. I know, I know, that sounds horrifying but it will give you enormous peace of mind knowing you'll be protected just incase.

So yes, this is how my Crohns Disease was diagnosed. The scope found evidence of the disease in a section of my bowel...ulcers and inflammation evident of Inflammatory bowel disease.

Colonoscopy prep is honestly the worst part of it. And it's not really that awful...it's more annoying. I suggest buying some babywipes that are flushable to keep your tooshie from getting sore.....and Vaseline to keep your "area" umm, lubed. Hahaha You'll be given conscious sedation for the scope so you'll have nice nap. From there you'll wake up and get a snack. Go home and sleep it off. Big hugssss
 
Coolness I have diarrhea often lately so as long as I can sleep I'm good .... I was afraid I'd be up going for like 10 hrs off and on ... mostly on.

Would you guess more than 6 trips to the bathroom the night before??? I know it's hard to remember and we are all different but it gives me an idea ya know?

Thanks so much and on the diaper not a bad idea just hubby will say we can't afford it... YOU are a life saver @danabanana

I can only seem to eat very mild food like hot cereal and stuff
 
I understand Hun. Listen, this is going to be good to have done. The tummy troubles is no fun. Do you have pain and cramping in your guts after eating? With the prep, you will go lots and lots foe a few hours. So be prepared to be near the potty. If the adult diapers are too expensive, you could either get a travel pack of large infant diapers and just line your underwear or the largest nighttime Maxi pad you can find. Either way, you'll be protected just incase.
 
Depends on what I eat like tonight hubby wanted fast food...I picked at chicken strips and fries I picked the breading off most and only ate a few fries...lots of tummy gurgling noises and a teeny bit of pain but mostly noise..we got home after rushing around feeding pets, changing clothes had some peppermint tea then bang mega diarrhea. SOMETIMES I get like bloating. I will be back later my stupid battery is going

I have been very stressed but Jeeze this is crazy

I dread the prep but you made this much easier @danabanana

BBL Huge hugs from one who now has minor tummy pain
 
Okay I relate.....I can't do breaded chicken strips of any kind....and actually, the only Meat I've eaten in 2 yrs is little bit of ham and a couple bites of the occasional white chicken meat. But I can eat fries, no problem. Otherwise I'll be cramping and bloating and running to the potty. For protein I find eggs and fish alright. I absolutely can't eat salads...no greens at all otherwise it just goes right through me. No raw veggies....those kill me...so only cooked but zero corn, ever! I find rice, potatoes, and oatmeal to be the most tolerable. So I'll add protein to those things to create a balanced meal. It's been a lot of hit and miss. I generally try to avoid gluten even though I didn't test positive for celiac disease, I find I often have a gluten sensitivity.
 
I'm about the same I avoid meat like the plague ... Thanks doll now to see if I can get the test as...bone doc needs to let me know on antibiotics and if a week no time now...Grrr... I just texted his PA so I gotta go this is stressing me @danabanana night hon
 
@MyAussieGirl
In reading your and Dana's posts my heart sincerely goes out to both of you. We all have experienced the cramping pain of diarrhea at some point in time. Miserable! It's sad to think of you two sweet women, navigating through this by trial and error, in an effort to determine what your digestive system can or cannot handle. There must be difficulty in trying to balance meals in an attempt to take in adequate protein, carbs and healthy fat. Add to that all the foods you love but need to sacrifice because enjoying them will cause you to suffer.
I'm sorry.....all I can say. Hugs to you both...
@danabanana
 
@Layla it was a scary beginning for me 2.5yrs ago. I was extremely sick...I lost almost 40lbs in about 5months, becoming underweight and severely malnourished. Nutrition remains an issue but I've managed to put weight back on and then some-thanks to this darn hip and the past years severe lack of mobility. The only positive to the failed core decompression - extra junk in my truck! Hahaha
 
:nativity: Oh Holy Night.....my favorite Christmas song.
Gives me teary eyes and goosebumps every time.
Love ya, MAG's...hope today's a little brighter :prayer:
 
I think @danabanana is your Christmas gift @MyAussieGirl . She has so much very helpful information for you. It is great how the two of you can share like that and also good for the rest of us to be more aware of some of the problems others have to deal with. You both have been through so much. Sending big hugs to you both:santa hug::santa hug:

I will continue to keep you in my prayers, MAG, and I agree it will be good for you to have this test and hopefully soon they can figure out the cause of your tummy issues. :merry christmas:
 
Sending hugs to you @GrannyC I'm so grateful that I could use my bit of experience to help someone. I remember feeling scared and overwhelmed and how much it would have helped me to have someone who's been there support and reassure me through things.
Merry Christmas!!!!! :santa hug:
 
Try this one my Christmas gift to you all especially Layla who suggested this picture
[Bonesmart.org] Aussie's Posterior LTHR
 
You're ALL helped me over all this time I have been on this site. Prayers for a blessed Christmas for you all
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom