Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Well..... @zauberflöte
Sadly...our plans fell through. The Festival has been going on for approx the last 5 weekends. This being the last. Rain was forecast for tomorrow and I swear everyone in the state was out driving today. After being in the car for 2 hrs, for what should have been about 45 mins.....seeing no end in sight of bumper to bumper traffic we decided on lunch on a patio at a local restaurant. Perfect day for it as it's my favorite weather and time of year. The kids were disappointed, as was I, but we were on a time constraint also and too much of it was being wasted in the car. So no turkey legs, flowered hair wreaths, crazy belligerent costumed people. It will have to wait till next year :tantrum2: :tantrum::groan::hairpulling: :gaah:

Hope you have a fun vacay!!
 
Lol I hope you and your family had fun @Layla my friend use to work one as.... a wench. I sure hope you had fun you deserve it.

Sigh @zauberflöte no vacation from God. I was raised even camping we went to church. I did go but between my problems sleeping and hubby's issues with potty we left a little early. SO, hands on waist....you have to go now to make it up for both of us
 
@MyAussieGirl aw so sorry you had to leave early! I might be skipping tomorrow, but I went to a great Anglican church last Sunday in Montreal though! Sat on a very narrow wooden pew for 90 minutes, very little pain, even! Funny story-- the sermon was by the youth pastor, I think, and appealed to me very much. Afterwards, I told him he preached a very Baptist sermon (in Episcopal churches I'm used to less forthright preaching, the few ones I've been to). I also told him I'm from Virginia. He laughed and said, "I AM a Baptist, and from New York State, but I got this job and kept it. A Baptist Anglican minister, what is this world coming to? :rotfl:

So, what's tomorrow for you?

and @Layla too bad-- you were all looking forward to it so! Turkey legs!!! I will forever connect you with that at Thanksgiving now....
 
Lol @zauberflöte I am not Baptist but hope to take some classes from the church near me I find I like and believe their teaching more than my own denominations. I've studied in a few I love to learn.

GO TO Church nooo missing.

I did lol at your conversation with the pastor.

Thanks also on missing part of the service ... it's by ok honestly I didn't miss much maybe 10 minutes... hubby was pretty sick so.

Wow no plans for Sunday. I think maybe grab some biscuits at a store but nothing really on tap. Huge hugs
 
Hi :hi: @MyAussieGirl
Hope you had a relaxing day :bath:
Wishing you a great week. I expect you'll be doing this :bicycle1: by weeks end.
Or maybe just this :bicycle2:

Sending lots of love :loveshwr: and wishing you a good nights sleep :sleep:
 
@MyAussieGirl LOL if you do go with Baptist, your whole weekend will be turned upside down! YOu will have Saturdays off and Sunday worship! The most important question to ask at the class about the lead pastor's beliefs is, what sport is God's favorite sport? Running joke in my church. The old lead pastor knew it was football and had statistics to prove it, the recently retired senior associate pastor can do the same with baseball, and proves it by going to spring training every year, and my own campus pastor is convinced it's soccer! All joking aside, studying is great, and I hope you are able to find what you are looking for! I'm not much of a "denomination matters" gal, it's more the focus of worship, and the actions of the church members, that matter to me.

Well, how's the hip (and the tummy)? You are creeping up on one month out, aren't you? Woohoo! And how's #1 holding out?
 
Interesting! @zauberflöte
Baptist services exclusive to Sundays must be a practice in the South alone?
Not that way in these parts, some Baptist churches gather for worship on Saturdays.
Possibly more progressive? Assuming our area can't be unique to this.

Best wishes for you and MAG to have a great day.....hope you are enjoying your vacay Zauberfloate. I'll bet the weather is beautiful!

Sad news coming out of Vegas. Got my fill over the past couple hours.
Prayers for all who were injured and those suffering loss. Beyond words....
 
@Layla my church used to have a Saturday evening service, which I loved the twice I went to it, but it was stopped because most of the people in it moved to the burgeoning recovery church that was at that time under our roof. It's since moved out-- got too big!

I am enjoying my vacation, but I have to post over my thread about the dreaded ODIC....
 
Don't be silly @zauberflöte God loves swimming more than any other kind of sport oh and ballet

Here Baptist have service We'd Sat and Sunday they also do Bible study on Tuesday at one behind me. This be the north Missy they just don't care what day

I am just over 2 weeks not quite 3
 
Oh, oh, not the ODIC!!!!
Thankfully it's not like the Hotel California where
"You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave" Lol!
Hope you can leave.....SOON!
@zauberflöte

Saturday services are right up my alley. I'm awake and already ready.
I need my time and coffee in the morning and hate getting ready at the crack of dawn since I no longer need too. Yay to Saturday church!!
 
Hi MAG!
Hope you're having a great day aside from the achy hip @MyAussieGirl
Did you get out at all today? Or is it just a rest day with your achy first hip?
Don't know if you're getting rain but we are off and on. I've read it can be
felt in the hip beforehand, but I can't say I've ever noticed that yet.....
I've been a horrible bum today.....kind of mad at myself :tantrum2:
I watched too much coverage on the Vegas tragedy which is so sad.
Well.....tomorrow's another day but it's supposed to be a rainy one.....Yuk!
Cindy turns 61 tomorrow so she just may hide in bed :alarm:
No, not really, lol! Sixty One doesn't bother me...but 60 did!
I was miserable, limping, in pain, feeling old and wondering when I was going to
get the courage to schedule surgery. What a difference a year has made!
So bring on 61.....I'm ready :yay:
Best wishes for a great night :loveshwr:
 
Lol @Layla I am out every day. Right now I am in front of Kroger's while hubby gets a few things. We just left Walmart.... I needed bowel and girl stuff.

I still ... STILL ...have a call into Gastro doc if she doesn't call tomorrow she's gone for... A....month lol yikes.

I am 62 lol 20 bothered me more than any age.. I wasn't a teen anymore....whine. You're so pretty you look like 30 and now much less pain you got this girlie Q

Vegas...oh my... I haven't been home much saw a bit on it...sick and sad. I remember a time you'd go 20 to 30 years nothing like this happening... I am pretty much numb to it anymore. Too many nuts in this world.

I slept till 230 PM then took care of pets, spoke with doctors office...then we've ran errands ever since. Once we get home BBQ steaks. I got beans soaking for soup tomorrow.

I need to lecture Snickers ...Wonder how @Mojo333 is..... CPollock so many.

Later Princess....PS shut the TV off
 
@MyAussieGirl Mags you are one busy girl! In and out of the SPORTS car!! How do you do it, woman??!?

60 was the one that got me. Nothing up til then was even a blip, but 60 I was in hip pain and severely stressed, and somehow between then and 65 I managed to accept it and think of myself as a senior citizen. Some of the perks are quite nice-- I was on a plane last weekend where the captain called for 3 volunteers to "come up front to balance the plane". It was First Class and got my hand up in time to snag one! Score one for the old lady with the new(ish) hip!
 
Hey MAG, hope you are still doing well. All family issues has had me off line recently but you have been on my mind.
@zauberflöte Never an old lady..you have such a young spirit.
Hopefully everyone is in the mend now so I can catch up. :ok:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom