THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Hope your PA gives you all good news today. I've been so tired, but still think of you all and can't help think that we will have such a great year as we will be further along in our recovery.
Hope you have a great day!
 
Wow unbelievable doctors visit. All my restrictions gone but 90 degree rule. She said she's never seen me walk this well not even when I came in both hips undone
I had a hematoma aspirated like last time. I had to walk for her and forgot my Walker when I did ... we loled... no walker week 2....
XRay came out great....we loled on dog biscuit making day 2 ...She said their are very few people that hold a special place in her heart but I am one of them. Thanks for asking... I am beat today hours of errands going to doc then to get RX in other direction. I am laying on ice...let me rest up but it was all....good :wowspring::loveshwr:
 
Thanks @mystikfairy61 I promise I'll catch up. I had to get back on cause my husband asked me if I asked on this like lump by the inside of my left knee up a bit. I forgot. Now I am afraid it's a blood clot I was way up happy wise but now am scared it's a blood clot. I sticks out not hot or warm to touch.. definitely at least swelling... would you freak out? Call PA?
 
@MyAussieGirl I would put a call in tomorrow to your OS and run it past them and also run it past one of the mods or Josephine on here to see if anyone is familiar. Try not to worry yourself to the point that you can't rest. If you are too worried, go to ER and let them take a look at it. I am a worrier and that is what I would do but I am a chronic worrier anyway. Keep us posted.

There is a post from Josephine on here look it up it says Swelling in the leg or is it a clot? Tells what can cause swelling and how to possibly identify a clot. Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:
Thanks @mystikfairy61 I worry too I wasn't on this till he mentioned it and now I am afraid bit no ER tonight ... I will worry but at most I'll call PA at OS office tomorrow.....we are a lot alike. On the mods I don't want to bug anyone this late and I think I wish I had remembered to ask today :boohoo:
 
Hi MAG :hi:
What a wonderful doctor visit :yay: @MyAussieGirl
I'm happy you're doing so well!
I am not surprised you hold a special place in your PA's heart,
I think you hold a special place in a lot of our hearts :loveshwr:
It sounds as though you may be on your way to ditching your walking aids
in short order. Look out world.....here she comes :dancy: :spin:

From all I've heard if you develop a blood clot the area is usually warm and
sensitive to the touch. It can appear red also. It would be in your calf or upper thigh.
Please call your PA and ask if you should be checked out if you're still concerned,
it's worth the piece of mind. I'm sure you'll be fine. Possibly what's concerned you has
already improved. Please let us know....

Hopefully the extreme heat has moved out and you'll be more comfortable today.
Hugs and best wishes for a great day!
 
@MyAussieGirl Mags, what a SUPERB followup report! Sounds like you are doing better than any ten of the rest of us put together! And this swelling thing-- if it were me, because it has been twice now, once for each hip, I'd go to ER "just to put my mind at rest", but I'm betting it's not a clot on you.

Wanna hear my "better safe than sorry" stories? Too bad, here they are anyway: First hip, day maybe 13, Memorial Day Sunday. Op side calf hurts like a demon. Scared. Hubby takes me to ER. We wait forever while the poor ultrasoundist is called away from a family picnic an hour away. POOR GUY! He was the best looking hospital person I've ever seen, and he talked like he was from the islands, so this was a win for me LOL. No clot. He earned his salary but missed the picnic. I went home happy and upped my pain meds and the pain went away.

This hip, last Thursday night: Same pain, SAME CALF (not op leg) and I was going to fly a long ways and end up in Canada the very next morning. Took self to ER about 10:00pm. Got in right away because the ultrasoundist got off at 11 and they were being very sweet to me. This guy just as nice as the other one but older and average looking and more of a sense of humor (well, ok, I hadn't dragged him away from a family picnic!!). A little gloop on the leg, a little ultrasounding, happy days no clot, but sorry you can't leave yet because the dr has to see you. I waited a good while for that dr, and then for the discharge papers, but it was all worth it.

I hope you are right now being reassured that you are all okay!!!
 
I'll try to catch up asap but have to keep off my phone as my PA is to call on it tomorrow but I bet today she was in surgery when I called.

No pain at all
No discoloration

I'll let you all know thanks
Like I said this is the phone she'll call on
 
Glad you're a good walking double hippy.
Been really busy and haven't told you lately how proud your recovery is going well.:yes!:
 
I don't think she'll be calling this late but I came on fast to tell you ALL how truly touched I am at your posts. You're all always very supportive of me thanks. I guess they will call tomorrow.. I can wait. We ran a lot today but I had to get some groceries be in the house and hubby walked the dog
I'll let you all know what doctors office sez as soon as I can.

@mystikfairy61 thank you I just wasn't sure I had the exact post you.meant so I no let it slide. You always give good advice and are very caring

@zauberflöte I always get a kick out of your posts to me some humor but some wise tale too. We will see what docs by office sez as I have zero pain and zero discoloration I thought I'd wait to see what PA see
 
Aww @Mojo333 I blush I REALLY do you and @Layla well so many are swelling my head
I really am not anything special and I don't think I've done anything but struggle to get well from 2 surgeries ....

I don't know what to say but everyone of you lighten my day and put a smile on my face

Thank you everyone... I'll let you all know asap.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom