Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Hi @MyAussieGirl
So it's your 3 week anniversary!
Tummy behaving? Getting around well?
Hope you're having a nice day.....another pretty one here but things are changing
rain in the forecast. Yuk....
Wishing you a relaxing evening!
 
How is your hips @MyAussieGirl ?
Everything is down to mild roar..I can at least handle things physically now that I'm at 6 month mark. I can't be happier with no OA pain.
Are you able to put weight on that hip with no trouble?
I hope all is going well with this hip.
It's only going to be in the low 80s this week in Georgia. Means Autumn coming (we don't say Fall after THR)
 
News for my boner buds... I was doing really great tummy wise then 2 days of constipation..... I had slacked on fiber. I left a message for my Gastro and she said take Mirolax daily unless I go too soft for as long as I'm on narcotics. She's gonna be gone for a month so this all worked out. Now I have to figure how to wean off some meds. Gonna pick at Josphine's brain. YES @Layla I am 3 weeks anniversary YAY. @Mojo333 I could put full weight on hip per my surgeon day one and do often. What drives me loopier is 90 degree rules and the normal things that pop up and one can't do yet but it's all good. I am so glad things are mellowing a bit for you. More in a moment gang
 
PS I say both fall and Autumn it depends on my mood ...it was hot humid and sunny yesterday today it's humid but maybe 17 degrees cooler
 
I'm kinda rushed so forgive fast replies... I won't be on later as I'm outta here at 845 my time
 
I was wondering if you could help me out please @Josephine? If you don't feel comfortable answering this I understand.

I have been on Percocet 10/325 3 a day and MS Contin 15 mgs extended release every 12 hrs but I only take it once a day at bed. Also OS gave me Xanax for sleep ... I take them only at bed I take 3 Xanax pills which are each. 0.5 mg.... I took 3 weeks
.
I now want to wean off most of these. Would I have withdrawal at 3 weeks just quitting? If I taper , how can I do that with extended release ???

I am thinking of just quitting on MS Contin as I only take it once a day.

Percocet I may want to move off much slower as I do have some pain.

The Xanax I am lost on. I'd rather just go back to Valium ...but Xanax has me terrified. Though I did sleep for a couple days. I am afraid of physical withdrawal from 3 weeks on Xanax ...thus my biggest concern and question...will I get physically ill ike a junkie if I quit? I also would move back to Valium ..
I know I am not mentally addicted. I am worried on physical withdrawal can it happen from 3 weeks use on Xanax ???

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Boner Buds! That sounds a little risqué.....a little hysterical too... bahahaha!
Leave it to MAG.
You're gonna get us kicked out of here @MyAussieGirl
Well, at least we'll go out laughing like naughty little school girls.
 
I'm with Layla-- boner buds is as good as the dogfood recipe called Satin Balls!!!!

@MyAussieGirl Mags, I like my little valium at bedtime too-- 5 hours guaranteed sleep, even if I get up to pee before they are up! My young kids taught me how not to sleep... :skep:
Xanax is scary, you are right. Can you ask the doctor who prescribed it the best way to taper it?

When I find it's time to wean the percocet, I make sure that I substitute plain tylenol for exactly the amount of tylenol Im missing from the missing percocet. So if I go from 2 percocet 5/325 to 1 1/2 as the beginning of my wean, I'll take 1 1/2 percocet plus 1/2 of a 325 tylenol. Etc all down the line until I'm taking only 650mg of tylenol instead of any percocet.

@Layla yep low 80's is fall for some parts of Virginia too, although we'd like it to be mid or low 70's. Depends on the month.

Haha @Mojo333 you are going to be cooler tonight than we are here on Cape Cod, but it's the ocean effect. Never cools off at night as much as it does inland.
 
Last edited:
I am in a panic ... I accepted all these meds from my surgeon but I think Xanax was a mistake how will HE know or the PA know how to taper..... I need Josephine to advise as I just don't think a Orthopedic surgeon or his PA would be know how to taper.....
Sure on Percocet and all ... I worry on Extended released MS Contin how do I go down from that and you're told don't cut or chew... thanks but @zauberflöte I don't think the people who gave me the meds will know on the Xanax and the PA has refills for months.... I am so afraid I am an idiot to have taken it. I take Xanax at bed 3. 0.50 mg tabs or ....1.5 mg? @Josephine I am in a massive panic... Help
 
Last edited:
MyAussieGirl I know I have heard stopping Xanax can be risky as my friend's mother was in a dilemma about this. But the woman had been on fairly high dosage for over 5 YEARS which she was told causes a brain dependency and she was on multiple doses daily.
We will wait for @Josephine but if you have only been taking for less than month don't think there is going to be ANY issue. You said taking for help to sleep..
Might want to clarify how much per day for how long.
I was prescribed clonazapam, in same family of meds I believe as Xanax and Valium for anxiety right after surgery and took regularly for month but stopped with no issues.
 
You're going to be just fine @MyAussieGirl
It's not been that long and I'm sure @Josephine will stop
by shortly imparting some wisdom. I hope you had a good nights
sleep and best wishes for a great day!
Hugs to you....
 
Hang in there, MAG, and don't panic! It's all going to be ok. Remember what they say on BS- patience, patience, patience and thsnpllies to meds as well as moving :roseshwr:
 
@MyAussieGirl Mags, I hear your panic distress! I am with Mojo-- you haven't been taking much, for almost no time at all, so I really don't think there will be an issue. You will be fine, and have no problems getting to "fine"! :curtsey: :loveshwr:

I do, however, think that the OS and staff will know how to tell you how to taper-- he wouldn't have prescribed this if he didn't know about it.
I'm imagining you stretched out on the couch with canine loving noises coming from nearby...:puppysmooze:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom