Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

It's been in the 90s for 2 days we are due for 3 more grrrr. What use is it if I can't go swimming..... Growling......however I did take care of the house, did wash... then hubby and I took off for a ride, library and store...he ran in.

Gastro doctor never called back I'll call next week if she doesn't call this weekend. Remember she's semi retired. I did poop 2 days on my own yay I a big girl lol
 
What did you get done to your hair @Layla ??? I miss my manicures and pedicures of years ago. And having four color all close in red blonde added into my hair...oh whine and my $75 dollar cuts
 
Aww @cpollock that rocks on Noah coming you'll be worn out but will have a blast ...your weekend sounds fun. I am not sure what mine will hold. I don't know on church yet ... I see the PA Tuesday and will know more than.

I am sorry many are ill in your family @birder especially being the poor kid had her party cancelled ...as the cake may have been made will she get another? Like be yummy 2 lol
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl
The graphics are really pretty! Love that. I wasn't sure if you set that up, or not.
Kind of reminds me of scrap booking which I did for a hot minute a few years back.
I started scrap booking a photo album for my granddaughter but never kept up on it.
I did complete one for my dad of all his kids. It was fun but I never continued on for some reason.

You are really ambitious and energetic for only 9 days out. I know I wasn't doing laundry. I was washing a few dishes here and there, wiping kitchen counters but that's about it for that early on. I'll bet it was nice to get out for a car ride. You feel like your part of the world again. I didn't get in the car for 3 weeks. I was afraid. My husbands and my car are both higher up. You can't just sit down and swing around. We used my dads for the drive home from the surgery center and I didn't know how I was ever going to get in mine but figured it out at three weeks for my first doctor visit.

You asked about hair......I went in for color and trim. Hadn't been there since 5 days before surgery.
I do my own mani - pedis because I've heard too many negative story's about nail salons. I don't want an infection. Pedicures sure aren't easy these days, especially with my surgical leg BUT I get it done. I'm due and am targeting this weekend.

I was happy for Cheryl too to hear Noah was coming for the weekend. She seems to enjoy him so. She's had a lot on her plate going back to work, still recovering herself, her mom's health concerns, and her hubby with that awful RA flare. I hope she is enjoying Noah's company. I'm picturing them watching a movie together like last time...

I've rambled enough, gonna go check out what's on tv. Hope you have a great night!

Worried about froggymom......it's been a month. It would be nice to know she's ok....
 
I am worried on the dear frog friend too..
I had one friend here another mojo
She never came back and I don't know why

I always wanted to scrap book looked fun and artistic but I don't think I could have afforded it....much time and money. But yes this what I do is like virtual scrap booking

I stopped having my nails etc done wow 18 yrs ago @Layla but I still miss it.... I always looked so polished hold on
 
Sorry hubby on my...

I can't imagine how fun it must be to have a grandchild over....as mine lives in Florida I hardly know her...whine. Popcorn and kid...kids are nuts for me I don't know why.

Is your hair still long? Mine is ...no perm. I have strawberry blonde hair about a tad past my shoulders.

I am five feet five inches....we have a sports car very low down...ride home wasn't easy but today it was a breeze....Thank God for surgical socks I got in and out better than the nurse got me in...she crammed me in..ouchie lol
 
Finally been meaning to say my 90 plus minutes ride home from the hospital wasn't so bad but the nurse who crammed me into the car..ouch.... Today was the first time I've been in the car since then and it was all easy. Very. I see the PA for my first post OP visit on the 26th but whew I got in and out like a dream
 
You guys might want to consider starting a thread in the social room to post photos back and forth on specific topics. That way we can keep your recovery threads focused on your actual recovery. It's okay to have some photos here, but when they get numerous, it does get more difficult for our staff and others who want to read how your recovery is going to scroll through all of the "non-recovery" posts.

As for the large photos, there isn't any tool here in the forum to reduce the size of photos. You must do that on your computer or phone when you save the photo. There should be edit tools there to reduce the pixel size.
 
Hugs to Jamie please don't worry I seldom post pictures and as I am not too smart with picture editors I just won't put pictures up. Most months are picture free in here. But good idea on other areas of BS I recall a pet thread in here way back

Hugs
 
Last edited:
Breakfast... Prune Juice I actually like it....yogurt... homemade trial mix fiber one, pumkin spice Cheerios, sunflower seeds, raisens ..a couple of M&M Peanut... I am full.

I sure do miss church by on weekends ...maybe next week.
 
Had to stop by and read 2 pages to catch up. Had me ROFL :rofsign:thru the pages. @MyAussieGirl I too had the stopped up issue but softeners took care of it. I was ready though. Had bottle of cherry milk of magnesia that helped me thru other hip and knee plus I had an enema on standby so I had the troops rallied. My wonderful hubby would have stepped up if I had needed him but so glad I did not have to. The belly pain and nausea is no laughing matter. :eeeuw:
What beautiful furbabies everyone! :doggie:My daughter and family are with us right now, we are helping each other thru surgeries. So with their girls (they have 3 ranging from 3 yr old to 14 yr old) and our 3 ( 2 sisters we adopted that are a yr and a half and my 13 yr old min pin) we have a house full. :dogwalk:Thank goodness for a big fenced yard so they can run and play.
I have not ventured out yet so I envy you. Our car is in the shop and the truck is a little too high for me to get into. I too can't wait to get back to church.
Hope the tummy issue is now officially resolved and you feel better from here on out. I had to take off the compression stocking they had on my right leg on Sat 5 days out, just could not stand it anymore. After I got the swelling down that happened inpatient, thankfully I have not had anymore.
Did not mean to yack and yack. Feel like I hijacked your thread. I will hush and wishing you a restful night. :sleeep:
 
Last edited:
You'll get to church @MyAussieGirl maybe even next week like you're wishing.
I hope you're doing well today. Prayers the tummy is holding up and your pain is well managed.
Best wishes for a great week of recovery!
 
Oh my @mystikfairy61 you have a houseful I might be tempted to run screaming. I don't think I could take not getting out for little bits of time a day.

Stool softeners didn't haven't cut it for me my intestines are just difficult to say the least lol... it's crazy here but that enema was a lifesaver I hope I don't need another though.

Me too on Church it helps me in all ways as I imagine it does for you too.

Take good care of you :wave:
 
hey Mags @MyAussieGirl just reading, catching up after my trip. Sounds like you are doing really well, going on your own-i-o, and running around town a bit. Church will be soon! I hope your Tuesday appointment goes something like, "of course you can go to church! It will do you all sorts of good!".

Dear Mags, you made a hilarious DAC blooper back when you were teaching birder how to put a picture in...go back and see!! I'm not sure if we can edit if we're on phone, but the fact that it's lasted this long must mean that it's ok! But it is not at all what you were trying to say!!!!!!!! :heehee: :loll:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom