THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Your thread is where we come to play. :tennis2:
Hopefully we can continue without interruption.:bignono:
I mean......we have to be able to let our hair down somewhere on this forum......right? :yahoo:
:heehee: Laughter is the best medicine.....keeps us all sane! :rotfl:
 
@MyAussieGirl skinny dip hmmm sounds like fun, :yay:hoping for a warm pool though. Even though it has been warm here, my ice keeps me chilly:ice: and I find myself dreaming of the warm pool at the gym. But that will be awhile, so continue to dream I shall. :sleeep:I was lucky on knee this time cause my left is replaced. But I do remember in recovery on hip 1 that my knees hurt worse than the hip. Sorry I had not been on earlier, got into a wonderful nap mode and just didn't want to wake up.
 
So last night late ....LATE ...my tummy is hurting like mad cause I can barely pass stool

Don't DON'T eat while reading this


So first keep in mind I already know from my body is overly sensitive to narcotics from my gastro doc...

So I take less than a dose of Mirolax .. doesn't work... later..
A couple suppositories.... helped a tad....sooooo as my tummy was HUGE I .....was ugh...
Hubby sez he would do enema for me as instructions all say Basically don't break the 90 degree rule...

I am that leaves me on my back he is you can't stay like this....so protection on the bed.....ewwee I'm dying as hubby has to look. Hubby is being nice...in the end up yep it worked. Hubby said it looked like a meatloaf in the toilet...then I flush and it over flows and jams up.... I'm all embarrassed... hubby must have wanted to run for the hills but he was cool about it. He woke at 6 AM to pee he said I was sleeping well looking peaceful with the look of the unplugged.
 
Last edited:
Lol @Layla I would have too...no way I would do it.:eeeuw: at one point I'm laying on my back and he is taking forever. I am like hurry...he is like... I can't find your..


I'm all stop looking at my blank.. it's down towards the bed farther or feel for it...by this point I was beyond humiliated ... I just wanted it done I could not erase it from my mind
No family Layla... I would have had to go to ER which was okay as I'm free as far as bills I hit all my deductible stuff
 
Now two important questions. Did you swell at all below your knee?? We can't recall

Question 2. Which is better a basket for the Walker or cloth carrier???
 
@MyAussieGirl this time I did NOT eat (if you recall, last time you said that I did eat and regretted it)..

Yep SAINT I cannot imagine asking my husband to do that for me....he would but he'd botch the whole thing!

SAINT:angel: SAINT :angel: Mr MAG is a saaint! Tell him we love him for his love of you!!!!

Sorry the pain is a higher level...yet you know, this too shall pass, and you won't be quite so loopy (or needing miralax...) and you'll get to functioning so much we won't be able to keep up with you. Yikes!:running:
 
:loll: I didn't ask him I just said I didn't know what to do next as ER for Enema and or Try Prune Juice was all left for me. He said you can't go on like this.....and next thing ya know........ :sick:. I read hubby all your replies and he loled. I guess it's cause he had to help cows have babies if they got stuck or something...me :eeeuw:

We may never be able to have relations again @zauberflöte and @Layla but hey we've been married 25 years he is hubby 3 fresh meat...

And yes I knew you'd avoid this this time if eating
 
Meatloaf:rotfl: unplugged :heehee: looking at my blank :loll:fresh meat!! :rofsign:
We're getting kicked out of here :kickedout:for sure.
At the very least expelled :bignono:

Okay, if you're asking me about the knee swelling, silly woman......No, I didn't have any
swelling below the knee. Bruising on the knee cap and each side of it. Some swelling behind
the knee and right next to the knee, on the inside of my leg.

I think @zauberflöte is the one with the answer to the carrier for your walker.
Feel like I recall she used something rather original?

Hope your feeling....should I say......lighter, lol!
Hope your pain is controlled without the tummy upsets.
Sweet Dreams! @MyAussieGirl
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl soon all this shall pass as you know. It us tough though going through it initially. I'm sorry the pain is worse this time around too and will send positive healing thoughts your way. Keep up the humor, it's what helps the mist. I'm here to support you as well as many others here are. We are your cheering squad. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 
My sister had a small wicker basket with two loop handles on the side we affixed with zip ties. It held my phone and meds and not much else to transport from bedroom to livingroom. I had horrible meetings last night and I'm sorry you had to go through that but I'm sorry, I was grinning like a mule eating briars this morning reading your account of getting relief. :loll:Jeez and oh my stars!
I remember my first weeks were plagued with constipation issues and u couldn't understand how I could drink like a fish, eat nothing harder than a grape and end up with a tennis ball. Stool softeners, laxatives, anyway. Not fond memories. :boohoo:Worse is when hubby says just go with newspaper and relax. I'm on a hard potty chair and have two new hip incisions, hard enough to sit long enough to pee...and I'm supposed to relax?!!:scratch:Thankfully, after 8-10 days things just got adjusted. Bean soup was my "go" to by then. And grapes !
Skinny dipping....THAT I haven't done in a Long long time.:swim:
 
I made myself a fabric walker carrier that hung over the front of the walker and had pockets to out my things in. If I'd known you didn't have something, I could have made you one but probably a bit late now. However, the offer is there. You'd just have to PM me your name and address. Mailman probably doesn't know you as MAG!! I just made one for a friend and it is in the mailbox now waiting for the mailman to pick it up. Nothing fancy but it worked well. I've read that some people also use a small bicycle basket that sets over the front.

As far as the bathroom and tummy issues, I'm still :rofsign::heehee: It really isn't meant to be funny but you can't seem to help but look at it that way!! Leave it to MAG!!
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl
Happy One Week Anniversary :yay:
Hope you're having a great day!
Time kind of flies, doesn't it?
I remember back when I was only a week into recovery feeling surprised how quickly the days were passing.
Why?....I have no clue when you're spending most of it sitting or lying in those very early days. You'd think time would drag on, especially for us slackers who weren't baking doggie :doggie:treats and doing other menial tasks
around the house like you. I believe you know your limitations though, especially going through this a second time now. Hope all is well today :flwrysmile:
Best wishes to you and hubby for a great night :friends:
 
@hey Mags @MyAussieGirl I somehow missed your next two hilarious posts after the "don't eat" one, and I'm snickering and snorting now-- we all need the comic relief, only you need some actual relief and I'm glad the call is in to the gastro. ....stop looking at my blank.....:rotfl: can't stop laughing!!

Ok, swelling-- yes, I had ginormous swelling of the entire lower leg that only went away when I took off the compression stockings I'd been sent home with and left them off all night, then switched to my old ones from my first hip.The first ones must have been too tight-- I had bruises around my below-the-knee line from them choking my leg!
And... my walker, you ask? Neither basket nor single bag. Do you have a fairly free path through your house? I think this may work best in a rancher or a house with an open plan living area. Pay attention, there's a quiz!
How I did it was, over one side handle, on the outside, loop my shoulder bag purse. The strap was so long that I preferred the stability of sending the strap through the space under the top of the handle, and then pulling it back over across the top. On the other side, a tote bag placed the same way, however its straps allowed. Books, papers, journal, etc. Now....over the leading edge of the walker I arranged a large, heavy-duty chef's apron so that its two huge pockets face me as I walked. Water bottle, pills, snacks, and even food in a bowl if the bowl was shaped right and the food was not sloppy or liquid. Plates I couldn't handle with a walker. If that sounds complicated, you should have seen it! I invented this for my first hip-- we were having a little walker-decorating contest and would then have a parade to show them off, like kids decorate their bikes for parades. Used to anyway...I also had pockets galore in my dress that I wore for my first hip, and the pants I wore for this one.

I don't think there's a walker basket made that fits any existing walker. My MIL had one that was supposed to attach with velcro, of all things. I'm using that very walker, but was very happy to see the back of that basket when she passed! My mom has a little artsy-craftsy bag that holds about one paperback and a pair of glasses. Although my brother found in it a partly eaten dixie cup of ice cream the other day.... where there's a will there's a way!
 
@MyAussieGirl sorry for your tummy issues I had that too and it was miserable. Brought out the big guns - miralax, suppository, prunes and prune juice! Had to wean off the pain med at around 2 weeks for that reason. I bought a tray online that fit my walker
And also had a bag that I carried around meds, snacks etc. Going to bed now early morning. Take care!
 
Lol oh my I don't even know where to start...no tags tonight.....sorry but meds just drained me today and HEAT. HUMIDITY too. Oh I too find the whole Enema thing funny too thus why I shared. But oh I just can't imagine dude wanting to hit this again. I hope we don't have to repeat I'd go on an all liquid diet.

Thanks on the swelling Zaubs I know I had it but neither of us could recall below knee. It's been months.

Thank you Layla yes my left hip anniversary day

Mojo I knew you would lol at the not looking ..... And ugh I hate this constipation gig.... figures I'd be sensitive to it

You Birder are very kind...I'll try full strength Mirolax unless gastro sends new information to me

GrannyC bless you I do trust you with my address but decided against anything for the Walker as I got along fine with nothing the first time and just got fed up with the trying to carry heavy things from one side of the kitchen to the other... But then I said to myself get a book let hubby carry that ****.....But mega thank you.

CPollock you're always a kind heart Huge Hugs

Layla.... meatloaf lol

More I hope later dinner is done... waffles and fruit not meatloaf
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom