Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Aussie girl, congrats on the shower! I felt the same way. The first one was my husband sort of rinsing me off while avoiding the wound vac. Second was better while standing / balancing, and without vac. Nearly had a nervous breakdown trying to get dressed after. They've gotten better since my hubs setup the chair. All I know is a week is way too long to not wash my hair!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Btw can you guys actually read? I'm two weeks out tomorrow and still have a hard time reading and retaining much. Guess I have to get backed off of this medication completely before that happens.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Mojo2013 I couldn't get into reading either. I got a new book today so will try to get into it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.
 
Mojo I have long thick hair so each shower has been bliss and I grease up sooooo easy...BTW I love your dog.... I can't wait till I can stand in my shower nightly as I use to... I think they need to tell and teach us right off how to shower easy cause it's SO important

Books and comprehension... I had to lose the morphine fast I could not even text a fast message I was so buzzed....then I started to cut back just a little on my Percocet per my doc and I'm in no pain.. I can read , stay awake AND lol remember what I read . I'm now on 2 Percocet a night I take none by day and read at night... I bet I could kill the pain meds totally but..... I don't wanna yet.
 
GrannyC I bet you can read if not too beat at night.... I've found the more time that passes the less they make me all tired
 
Embarrassed to ask but usually I am consitpated on these pills but last night was um the opposite... would you still take stool softener meds as rxed? Thanks
 
I personally would NOT take stool softeners if I no longer was constipated! I would consider restarted them if you get constipated again.

I couldn't seem to get into reading the first week to ten days either but I started a book tonight and am enjoying reading. I get tired easier than before surgery so I have to remind myself that I'm still healing. I haven't really done too much yet but will gradually start adding a new task each day or two. I feel a bit stronger each day. Tomorrow I go for my first postop checkup so I will see what they say. I think I'm almost ready to walk without the cane but I want to ask first.
 
GrannyC smart to ask first on the walking... I walked the living room a little solo but that may not be Bright..... I too find myself tired more than I use to be so yes we are healing it's been about 3 weeks for me

. I am kinda lazy tired today. I may do the skip the softener till if needed the thing is minus last night I NEEDED it but last night OMG no way. I don't know why the sudden change... Thus the quandary

Good luck with your appointment I'll be looking for the update
 
A few days after I came home I needed something for the constipation so I drank prune juice, ate 5 or 6 prunes, had some milk of magnesia and then wham! I was wishing I had only eaten one prune if you know what I mean. Since then all is well and no more prune juice. But I haven't taken the OxyContin for 5'or 6 days and even when I was taking it, it was only 1/2 tablet so that may be why I haven't had any more issues.

Dr this afternoon so I have my list of questions ready :yes:
 
Prayers for great doctors visit for you GrannyC I'm in my car so I can't look till I get home ...Lol on the prunes and drink etc.....yes um over did it lol
 
Proud of myself walked with Walker at a nursery pricing flowers really just trying to be out on a nice day...small ride..
Slept pretty well I seem to wake every 2 to 4 hrs...home hubby is BBQing I set plates etc out...got pet food bowls ready for hubby to put down... I won't be on later tonight as 2 TV shows I love are on then ? Lol

I am thinking I may have to follow people it seems like playing favorites but often I can't find people's updates I dunno
 
I thought I would not be on tonight but hubby got busy again

I am following a few of you and a few others I am watching your thread I'm not sure which I'll prefer so we shall see....My hope is to follow YOUR life

OK dilemma... I got this TENS machine from my doctor's office before surgery... I sure hope insurance pays for it.... Hubby and I both read it all numerous times we just don't understand it....gosh I feel stupid but we feel nothing when we use it....help? Thanks
 
I know absolutely nothing about that machine but for other items we have purchased at various times, we didn't understand the directions so we called the company. If you got any paperwork with it, maybe there is a customer service number there you can try. If there is no paperwork, then Google the name of the company to find a number. Most companies are quite helpful in telling you how to use their equipment.

I think following certain people is a good idea, especially those you converse with regularly. I, too, have found it hard to find certain people's threads when I looked. Your trip to the nursery sounds like it went well. Seeing all the spring flowers kind of lifts your spirits a bit. Is it warm enough there yet to plant them outside? We are still getting some very cold nights off and on and still a chance of frost. Thankfully the sun finally came out yesterday and is out again today so maybe I can get outside for a few minutes. Yesterday when I went to dr, it was the first time I had been out since the surgery.
 
Hey GrannyC I would go crazier if I had stayed in as long as you did but you're wiser and are doing better all in all.

Well dig this I called the company they sent it to me free because they saw my insurance and knew they would not pay ...but....they do a LOT of business with my surgeon so free to me ... YAY.....PT will show me how it works what a breath of fresh air...

Here it was 70 today but end of month is best for planting here I heard all next week to be 80 plus...so I just put them out for sun then in the garage

It sure did feel good to walk in the nursery I felt pretty normal.... I hope we go to church Sat I need that..
I have no family and no friends so it's nice to have church friends I just can't figure out how to sit there ✝
 
Wow, that is great you got the machine for free! Way to go! I nearly always have good luck calling the company about their products. I call if we can figure out how to use them or if something breaks before it should.

Going to church sounds like it would be good. Are you using a walker or a cane now? It might be good if you can sit where you can stretch your leg out a little. I know I have a hard time bending my knee a lot if the seat is lower but the pillow Joe mentioned is a god idea as well. The friends and support there would be good for you. If the service gets too long, you can always get up and leave a little early. Everyone, including the Lord, would understand.
 
Thanks IrishJoe, I am not sure you'll see this in time but any kind of pillow????

GrannyC thanks I have 2 options all padded...well 3 a pew, a chair no arms or a wheelchair..... I'm hoping I can go I too feel I extra benfit from it....My pastor has emailed me much love and support he prays for me every night ...so nobody would be upset if I can't make be it and you're right on Good but I will be mentally crushed....
 
Oops I just saw this I'm using a walker but I haven't seen anyone to tell me move to a cane my doctor had said 2 weeks but I don't think I get to see him again now I think just the PA end of May or first week of June
 
@MyAussieGirl Have you started PT yet? My postop instructions said walker for approx 2 weeks and then cane when approved by dr. A PT came to my house that first week (maybe only because I had requested it. Dr said only one wk inhome because it was good PT to get out and go to therapy :-). Easy for him to say!! Anyhow, by one week postop I felt I could go to cane so PT checked with dr office and they said ok so I switched to the cane. PT said I could go to no cane when my gait was good and no limp when I walk. I verified that with PA at my 2 wk visit. Now about half the time I don't use the cane but after I've been sitting a while or towards the end of the day, I do pick up the cane because I start to notice myself limping a little.

Bottom line is that you may want to check with your dr office by phone if you don't have PT starting this week. One thing I will point out about the cane is that you use the cane on the opposite side from your surgery. In other words, I had my right hip done so cane goes in my left hand. The cane goes down at the same time as the bad leg goes down. I had been using the cane incorrectly prior to my surgery! It probably would have helped more if I had used it right!!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom