Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

I think being a very high energy person it's hard for me lol but I'm trying not to be doing too much.
Think of it another way. Temporary limits for a very short time = a lifetime of no more hip pain. Easy does it my friend. Patience prescribed in large doses.
 
Please try to slow down. Being out running errands (or whatever) is not a good idea this soon after your surgery. You really only need to do a little walking around the house (or outside) for 10 minutes a couple of times a day plus your activity of moving from room to room to get something to eat or drink, refresh ice, use the bathroom or take a nap. You are still healing inside!
 
Thank you Jaycey it makes total sense and I've been doing much better but I'd be a liar to say it's easy for me ..Some days I wanna cry from stillness
 
Is there something you enjoy doing while sitting? When I was recovering I found BoneSmart. I started posting on other threads and felt like I was doing something of benefit to others. Perhaps a craft or hobby, an on-line course?
 
Thank you Jamie I am doing much better but some days seem to crawl for me.... I am doing much better , reading, tv, small things ... I can't nap never could I'm lucky to sleep most nights and that's with getting up and down a lot...potty etc.... I wonder what people do to fill the days
 
Jaycey hi....to be honest no... I read and watch some TV I do help with Epilepsy Awareness online still I have limited data and can't be on... I stay logged in but am often off and on fast

Most of my hobbies are kick boxing, swimming, flower gardening things I really can't do right now ...ugh I find after so many hours a day I go mentally down
 
I was told in the hospital I could shower by now and I told them I have to step into the tub to get to the shower...they showed me a bent knee behind me method to get in but we all noted not gonna work easy for me due to other hip and how tall my tub is....a transfer shower seat was mentioned..... I don't have 80 dollars honest all this has killed us cash wise.... I want a shower and fear with seat or not what if I can't shower ...will I have to go years no shower....I'm worried and very sad .... I want to shower again
 
@MyAussieGirl, I know what you mean about trying to fill the day! I spent last week sitting in my chair watching TV... I hate sitting and watching TV!
This week, I'm working part time from home... nothing exciting, just answering emails and running reports... keeping on top of things in the office, but it's at least something to keep my brain active and kill time.

Hopefully things get settled for you!
 
Hugs Confused Newb,

I wish I had a job now lol seems you'd feel you accomplished something in a day doing what you're doing THEN watching TV etc.... Tonight hubby and I may play Scrabble or backgammon then TV and read.... I just need to vary my days a bit ....bless you for sharing and stopping by I hate to sound like a chronic malcontent lol
 
@MyAussieGirl when my PT was here today, she told me our local rescue squad had some medical equipment they loan out for free to those who need it. She thought they would have a shower chair as my shower is in tub, too. You might ask around in your area at a general practitioner's office or rescue squad if there is any place in your area that offers this. I didn't want to spend money on one either as it is only for a week or two. It's worth a try.
 
GrannyC thank you so much I just don't have the money but will be sure to check into it I THINK I may need it for weeks but heck lol I dunno this is all new to me and a shower sounds so nice. I start PT on the 15th to strengthen my abductors I am looking forward to it. You're a doll mega thank you. We did so much today especially hubby I'm not sure we'll play a game but I hope ✝
 
@MyAussieGirl I put out the word and borrowed some things I need and got a bath bench at a thrift store. I was also told that a few places have them to loan for free. Maybe your physical therapy office
Has a shower you can use.
Best Wishes


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hugs Cherdonnay thanks brilliant idea I didn't think to ask the PT place I'll call this week. I did get a few things but am still working on the shower transfer chair and man I wish I had a very high sofa.....More hugs
 
Yesterday my husband picked up a shower chair at our local rescue squad. We can borrow it for free so PT will show me how to use it safely tomorrow. I used a bed pillow on the couch for a few days to raise the seat. I like the couch because the footrests go up making it more comfortable. Ask around about. The shower chair. PT might know where you can borrow one, or a senior center, an office for aging, a local GP office - just keep trying.
 
GrannyC runs around in my head in glee.... I got a shower transfer seat at a County disability place 15 for the month that is ok....now to figure out how to use it I did see on YouTube some PT people demonstrate how but it seems that leg goes over the angle but ? Pray we can use these right all . You guys are all so helpful and cool to me thank you all I'll update you asap....... I do use the sofa but my husband has to semi put me up and down........ Hugs galore
 
Adding no like the sofa cause it's always been where be I lay for TV .. I still do pillows to my sides and between legs like they said...I'd go crazier no side lay
 
@MyAussieGirl PT was here today and showed us how to use the shower chair. I think there are different types but on this one, the legs with the large suction cups go in the tub. Then all legs need to be adjusted so it is level and steady. She said it can tip very slightly toward wall so water doesn't run out on floor. The seat back can go on either side. Ours was facing the wrong way so there were little release buttons on the bottom bar to pull seat back out and put it back in on the other side. I'm sure you are right that there are U-Tube videos to see how to use them. There seems to be one for everything! Happy showering!!
 
@MyAussieGirl how are you doing now? Instead of laying on the couch during the day, maybe you could try sitting and then put your legs out on a stool or even on the coffee table or a chair. Or, maybe you don't mean you are laying down on the couch. Just a thought.

Make sure you don't overdo. Healing takes some time and we all need to muster up all our patience while our bodies heal. Let us know how things are going?
 
Hey ya GrannyC I just love you you're so kind. I lay on the sofa off and on as it's the only room with a TV and sad as this seems we only have a low sofa and low chair that's it. Hubby put the sofa up on bricks and he helps me up and down as not to mess up the rules .... I pretty much ride around with hubby for a couple hours a day...then home and like today I threw wash in I can't put them in the dryer...
Hubby made dinner I did the dishes...

Ducks, I um cleaned out a cupboard for the dogs treats and rebagged things just small busy stuff....then played with my dog.....then watched Blue Bloods...soon to read...I had to sponge bath hubby hasn't raised the legs of the shower seat...maybe tomorrow... I try to keep busy as I can but still inside doctors rules

I just got on I wonder how you're doing?
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom