Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

My doctors office instructions said to wear during the day, off at night. Hospital instructions were the same. I actually sent a message through OS patient portal yesterday to see how long ( as in a week, month, etc), I needed to use them. Nurse called and said to use them until my first follow up appt which is Wed and that will be 2 weeks postop. She said they will see how I'm doing then and if all is well, I can stop wearing them.
 
To answer your question, I am doing great. I know what you mean about wanting to be busy. Luckily I had some things all ready to do as I recovered so that helps. I started learning to knit so I can pick that up and give it a try. There are lots of Utube videos with instructions I can refer to as a refresher. I also envelopes, paper, stickers, etc. set together so I can send off a few notes to my little grandkids who I don't see very often. And I like to sew so I have a lot of hand sewing all ready to do. I make men's neckties to sell on Etsy as well as to stores and the backs all need to be stitched by hand so I have several dozen all ironed and ready for hand stitching. Needless to say, I think I have more projects lined up than I will have time to do them which is actually a blessing.

It sounds like you are recovering very well. Keep up the good work!
 
Irishjoe I love your rules mine don't bother me but I sure hate those toes out lol Thanks it's good to have kind people who understand
 
Ohhh GrannyC I sure hope I can ditch mine soon I'll call them Monday as I saw the PA a week after surgery... I didn't think to ask duh me lol

On all the things you set up to do you rock... I do have books, TV, adult coloring books but can't seem to get into them maybe soon...
Books yes I love to read. I think you're a very positive person don't think I'm saying I'm negative but I envy your attitude at times your one busy person
 
Just a small update..
So hubby set up the shower transfer chair and I have to go over the tub side..

Well he had to prop one side up on 2x4s to even it out...still in order to get my bad leg up over the tub I would have had to break the hip precaution rules...
I was sooooo close BUT I ended up leaving bad leg out thus lower at knee and water on the floor or not.. I got a mostly showered... it's been like 3 weeks.... YAY it felt so good...we will keep working on it ... I just don't get why everything we have doesn't allow me to just use aides we always have to Jimmy rig it. If I rinsed my hair good enough.....yayyyyy

I was near tears before we decided to go for it screw or not.... I can't wait till a shower is no big deal again
 
I had anterior so I don't have restrictions. How long do you have them? Maybe my tub isn't as high as yours either. Who knows? At least you could mostly shower. As far as your hair, I've often washed my hair in the kitchen sink. Maybe not ideal but it works well. Might be worth a try.

I think all doctors have different rules on the stockings. They really aren't as bad as some people make them sound but more of a nuisance to have to put them on each day.

I haven't felt like getting into a book yet either. I have some on my iPad but I get on the iPad, send an email, make a couple moves on Words with Friends and search for something online and then I never get to the book. I might order a good used book on Amazon tomorrow as I think I could finally read now.
 
Hi GrannyC I think be I had interior too my paperwork sez I did but I have many rules like knees below hips try to do that lifting leg over the side of a tub...no crossing legs or ankles so much I get scared to move. I think the tubs here at this house are just higher I honestly never seen them this high... I usually can hold my leg behind me bending them back but no can do right now...but yes a mostly shower lol felt awesome...
I wanna see my doc sooner to see when things can change

I love to read the library here is nice they deliver if you're ill...yes!
What do you like to read? I like mysteries....
.suspense....and what they call cozy mysteries.,..... usually not as good often with dog or cat sidekicks....Search and rescue dogs things like that.... I'll be on later sweetie my battery is low
 
Good post.
Congrats re the shower.
Must have been some sight with the planks and your leg sticking out. Bliss to feel water on the body though isn't it.
Fair play to your husband for setting things up.
Joe.....
 
Good morning, I'm not a big fan of mysteries although I do sometimes read them. I recently read Nighingale which was based on a true stor about a girl who helped downed allied solderiers escape to safety during WWII and that was a great story. I also like Nicholas Sparks books. That is fantastic your library will deliver the books when you can't get out. You should take advantage of the service! Have a great day!
 
Hugs IrishJoe thank you yes you GET it lol it felt sooooo good I'm use to at least a shower a night sometime night and day if I do say dirty gardening .... I agree hubby really was sweet about it all I was so close to tears as I saw another thing not work in the house and...I look and feel great
 
Ohhh GrannyC I love books like you mentioned too...try THE BOOK THIEF also The Hiding place and anything with Corrie Ten Boom in it. .... I love Nicolas Sparks books and movies and books they make me cry but are awesome ... reading takes me away from my problem or problems

Jumping back to hair washing.. I too like to do it in my sink now and then but.. I'm not allowed to bend too much forward grrr lol ....I'll have to check out Nightengale ..Thanks
 
I just wanted to add for all of us....valley and hills in recovery but how blessed we are to have a surgery that can in time fix us....years ago many of us would be in wheelchairs ...many I read in here are walking miles now ,riding motorcycles you name it.....Here's to our Blessings holds glass of ice hot cinomman tea up ...PTL
 
You might want to double check with your OS office on those movement restrictions. At the hospital they gave me a couple restrictions but then the PT told me I didn't have any. She said she double checked with dr office.

Unfortunately our library is very small with limited hours and they do not deliver books. My son had given me a gift certificate and he suggested books so I ordered a couple on Amazon today. I'm getting Big Little Lies and The Orphan's Tale. I checked out the reviews and the book summary on Amazon and both sound good. Today I spent a little time sewing so that helped pass the day but I was also wishing I had a good book. I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

Tomorrow the PT comes to the house for the last time and will show me how to do the steps to get outside. Hopefully the rain lets up at least temporarily. It seems like it has been raining here for a long time. She will also show me the best way to get in and out of our pickup. That will be just in time as my dr visit is Wed.
 
I lucked out GrannyC. I live in a teeny town in Hicksville but my library system covers mega miles into many cities that's why they can do that... I can't blame you I have a Kindle and like to read on that a lot but many times it's not free ...haha I love free

Oh man great on the end of the PT how nice they come to the home. I think my insurance doesn't cover home visits I will be starting mine on the 15th 6 weeks max 2 to 3 times a session... I am proud of you just a few moves to learn then you're done...throws confetti

I like your son he sounds kind
 
GrannyC I can't find your thread and just wondered how your session went
 
My day all was Ok I have a call in to the doctor on when restrictions come down and surgical socks and well busy with housewife stuff and soon another 3/4 of a shower
 
I just posted about PT in my thread so it should be near the top. Battery is nearly dead on here so I need to go charge it. Bottom line is that all is well. Thanks for asking.
 
Yay GrannyC I'm happy for you I'll look over later I love the good news.

Here I still gotta lay with pillows but no longer need the surgical socks Yay too !

More later I was up lots last night with tummy issues not constipation it's always something lol
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom