THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Hugs Nice,
Thanks for posting be I'm getting a bit frantic in fact my husband just told me to take a Percocet I think he is weary of me though he has been out most of the day and night.... I asked him when he came in if my one leg looked bigger he said no then I said Should I call the doctor on my constipation ... That's when he said take a pain pill I know my crazy humor will kick in and I'll find it all funny right now no.
I too do for my head and to help prevent clots that scares me.
I watch TV too but miss more than I should.... Read books love that. Should do a spin off on your idea and do word finds. I would do this all over again I think but yes much I didn't know or expect ... I am glad I don't work outside of the home... I am proud of you you're doing it and so close to getting back. Are you worried on going back?
Here so far I haven't been out at all...A ride would help...If I can fit in our car Tuesday I will ask the PA on more ... Right now the hardest part for me is constipation ugh
 
Don't feel alone with the constipation. Opiate pain meds give the problem to just about everyone.....even if they don't talk about it. Add stool softeners to your program. I took 2 in the morning and 2 at night, plus drinking prune juice (8 oz twice a day) and eating prunes. If that doesn't work, add in Miralax. It will do the job. And drink lots and lots of water throughout the day.

The problem is you have to be proactive with these measures to combat constipation. Once it gets started it's harder to get regular again. But don't be afraid to try these things or others in that article. It's important to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

It's not funny, but it made me laugh when your hubbie suggested that you take a Percocet. Heck, that's what's causing this problem in the first place!!!! :heehee: (sorry....a little medical humor)
 
Lol Jamie you're a doll and that's what I find half funny too he knows I hate to take the pills because of the side effect .... I'm starting to lol.
I did buy prunes but only did 3 as I am diabetic and the tin made it sound like they are sugar was....Juice I never thought of ....I drank ice water till I had chills but I get your drift I am drinking lots of water and Cinnamon spice tea...
I actually have less pain since the surgery my hips were that bad but it's the ole to take a pain pill or not thing. Lol I'm a mental mess from constipation
 
Don't drink lots of ice water unless you must have it iced. Actually drinking room temperature water or having it just slightly chilled is better for you.
 
Oh ok thank you I didn't know I must have drank a gallon of ice water
 
Jamie you're making me lol I don't want to lose that ice water on the sofa Yes I've been cold and shut the ice machine off
 
:ice: I think I'll behave and go just medium .... I guess the hot cold thing could balance out but .... I am just right right now .... No way could I do the heating pad ice thing but then if it were hot out......
 
Update for today as I may not be on later. BCN called just to check on me nice I filled that nurse in then the nurse case manager called me back... I'm oked on ememas, glycerine suppository, Mirolax you name it she said take pain meds...Ditoo on all diet ideas. Last night I was so miserable I used a suppository and man that helped

Today I walked in house, did the few dishes we made,folded small amount of wash, and got in the car we took a small ride and drove through a place to eat ...It felt good to get out
 
Small update ..
Saw the Physicians Assistant she said she likes how I walk very back straight.... incision is good.... Official Physical therapy starts in just over 4weeks ... it's to strengthen the muscles he pulled off the bone....gak....she said he has done over 8000 of these and never had one come out of the socket and this is one reason why....we drove around hubby hit the stores....out for 7 hrs..... I am exhausted. I got my things to help me not be constipated....thanks all and just took my first pain pill of the day.....We over did it
 
Be careful with your activity levels! You are not even a week out of a very, very major surgery and your job now is to take things easy and let your body heal. Errands are pretty much a no-no for a while. There is a reason your doctor is waiting for that that therapy to start. He doesn't want you out doing "self therapy" when you're supposed to be home resting and letting your hip heal properly.
 
Hugs to Jamie,
I didn't expect to be so busy today but I had asked the PA about being in the car a lot she said just every hour to get out and walk ...she did some moves to show me a few small standing by car door exercises to help reduce potential for clots....still I agree hon I didn't expect this full of a day ...maybe 2 hrs max not 7

Tonight I just laid on the sofa feets up...ice on and rested we watched a rental movie Lala Land....soon read sleep .....bed . You're 100 per cent right my doctor is known for many restrictions......With 8000 plus hip surgery and more knee's he is good..
. I like he is funny and nice too
 
2 questions

1 PT what to expect for hip and

2 surgical socks....that hole where is it supposed to go please?
 
7 Inside I straighten up the house...Bathroom counters, separate clothes for wash, play and prep pets meals, clean bathrooms with long sticks...Walk in the house a lot with my Walker...Fold clothes UP on a counter ... I do the 6 home exercises my PT gave me to go home with. I wash counters, dry dishes...Kind of make the bed it's sloppy....Little House cleaning things... Frankly I try to make safe things to do to keep busy
Too much! Far too much! You are little more than 10 days out from very major surgery and you are supposed to by resting! No matter they are 'only little things' you still are not resting! Your only task right now is to rest and take walks to the bathroom and kitchen on an 'as needed' basis.
I do the 6 home exercises my PT gave me to go home with
..a...With walker leg squats....10 at each one hold to count of 6
B..Leg low swings.. 10 ...Hold to count of 6 repeat
C...Small bends at knees. Same 10 hold at count of 6 repeat... PT did not give these names... Sorry
D ..walk they have on the form walk every hour awake
And NO exercises! Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hugs Josephine Wow I wish you were here to talk to my doctor's office and all this on PT.

I'm well, I was thinking I don't need it. You're much more clear on what to do. I kid you not I have over 15 pages of instructions and information from them but they don't say like how to wear the socks. They make it sound like I'll be wearing them forever. They don't say when to stop wearing them. On activity they just say add as tolerated.

I mega appreciate all your time and help it's awfully nice of you.

Today we only went out for 1½hrs. I threw stuff in the washer but can't bend to do the dryer. Ice is on my hip. It was a laid back day for me. I find the 90 degree rule hard as I can't reach in the fridge. I think being a very high energy person it's hard for me lol but I'm trying not to be doing too much.

Thank you
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom