Guest viewing is limited

THR Anyone been there done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychteach, I am more sore in the bandage area today than I was in the hospital. Do you remember how you felt on day 5?
 
In my experience, this I is normal. For one thing, the surgical site does swell a little. It will get better.
 
@waterman1 . Did you have Anterior approach or Anterior-Lateral? Is your incision a vertical one on the front outside of your thigh? I had Direct Anterior approach and I felt more soreness around the incision after the first few days as the numbness around the incision started wearing off. I think by the second week it was just sore to the touch until it finished healing. At 4 weeks now, it is a little sore if I really poke hard at it.
 
Hey Codegirl, I had anterior lateral. The incision is vertical right on top of my thigh.This is day 5 for me, and I am expecting too much to soon I think. I cannot sit at my desk for very long, so it is frustrating me. I know, I know go lay down and elevate and ice. Being my second surgery in 70 days, I am running out of patience. Thanks for listening though, it really helps...
 
@waterman1, Welcome back to the land of the living! Hang in there my friend!

Today I’ve been feeling a lot worse than yesterday for no apparent reason. It seems that this surgical walk is a mercurial one and that we just need to look at each day as a bit of a mystery. I just keep realizing that the ultimate outcome is going to be a lot better than that arthritic **** we were dealing with beforehand.

Hope you are feeling a bit better soon!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Waterman-glad you are recovering so well. Today (also my 5th day) was the best I've had so far. I'm just looking forward to many more good days.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey Wannabebrave, I am having a tough day 6, hard to get going, tossed through the night, leg feels like a big ole charliehorse...
 
@waterman1 , it takes time for the muscles and tendons that were stretched to calm down. They are a bit irritated. Keep taking your pain meds and rest and ice. It will get better soon!!
 
I had direct anterior and I also had a lot of incision soreness. I am 6 weeks Monday and it is still slight sore.. Think it is location as you use those muscles to do everything and keeps it sore


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
There once was an ex pro athlete
Who had two very large feet. (Ha)
Today he was adrift in a fog
While his leg felt like a log
Hoping it would soon retreat!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Ahh Major, nothing like poetry to lift the spirit and relax the soul...
 
@waterman. Last night was rough here too. Hope tonight is less pain and more sleep for both of us.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@waterman1 , how are you? We haven't heard from you for a couple days. I hope that you are feeling much better now. I am about to join you on hip #2 tomorrow.
 
Hello Codegirl, Well, it is Day 8 for me, and still have swelling in the thigh and a sore leg. I am much better than a week ago, and thanks for checking in. I have spent a lot of time not sitting with this second hip as my PT instructs, lay down, elevate, relax. Have had some cold symptoms got me down a little, too but my arthritis pain is gone and that is great in itself. Alrighty Codegirl, we are sending you positive thoughts and prayers for your next surgery...
 
@CodeGirl, wishing you the best tomorrow as you go to the land of the pain-free days ahead! Can't wait to join all you hippies on July 25th...man, I'm SO ready!!!
 
You know, as life marches on without the arthritis pain, we quickly forget that pain and pay attention to our new aches and pains. Just believe you all can have these arthritis free hips. Now, I put ice on a swollen thigh or I need some tylenol for a little back pain. What a change in life has occurred and I am feeling how glad I am to be a bilateral hippy. My mood is better, I'm more relaxed, and yes day 8 still hurts from surgery, but life is getting better and less painful every day!
 
You know, as life marches on without the arthritis pain, we quickly forget that pain and pay attention to our new aches and pains. Just believe you all can have these arthritis free hips. Now, I put ice on a swollen thigh or I need some tylenol for a little back pain. What a change in life has occurred and I am feeling how glad I am to be a bilateral hippy. My mood is better, I'm more relaxed, and yes day 8 still hurts from surgery, but life is getting better and less painful every day!

That is really great to hear! I know I am going to start feeling a bit nervous as my day approaches.
 
Yes Chessie nerves and what if's and why me and maybe I can wait a little longer and the stars aren't right and I pulled out my list of excuses and cancelled for years, literally. You will be OK, and your heart and spirit and confidence in yourself will prevail and you will be glad that horrible pain is gone...
 
Hey @waterman1 how have things been going for you? Been thinking about you hoping that you are doing well.

AVN of both hips. Scheduled for RTHR on July 7th
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom